Steve Bruce

Bruce will be sacked tomorrow according to reports. Quite remarkable that this'll be the first Premier League sacking of the season, if it is true.

When you think of the money they've spent over the years since they returned to the top flight and their squad you think they really haven't got value for money for a number of their signings.

Martin O'Neil being tipped to replace him but then again he is linked to pretty much every job like this that becomes available.

i cana fuckin believe he is likely to be sacked before Steve fuckin Kean!! pathetic excuse for a manager, hes got nae idea!! i dina agree we sackin steve bruce like, poor decision in my humble opinion.

Blackburn will most definately get relegated with Kean in charge. but IF he is sacked and a new gaffer is in place by end of Januray, then they will most definately survive.

wether Bruce gets sacked or nae, i also think Sunderland will definately nae get relegated. he'll turn it around i think. even tho he has niklas bendtner and wes brown in his team

aye but the difference here is that even tho fergie and wenger have been sayin that for years like you say, they put oot a team full of youngsters and squad players. kean only made 4 fuckin changes hahaha the guy is a complete moron and with him in charge will most definately get blackburn relegated!

but like i mentioned earlier in the this thread, if he is sacked and a new gaffer is in place before the end of january then iv no doubt burn will survive! just a pity them indian cunts are the ones who make the big decisions!

and nae only did he say that once aboot playin in Wales at the weekend, he said it fuckin TWICE in 2 seperate interviews. what a complete fuckin clueless moron haha

Manager Steve Bruce leaves Sunderland

Sunderland have parted company with manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce becomes the first Premier League manager to leave his job this season after two wins in the first 13 games.

"It is my job to act in the best interests of our football club and I can assure everyone that this is not a decision that I have taken lightly," chairman Ellis Short said.

"Sadly results this season have simply not been good enough and I feel the time is right to make a change."

Bruce joined the Black Cats from Wigan Athletic in the summer of 2009, and led the club to a 10th place finish in the Premier League last season.

However, results have not been as good this term and Short has acted to arrest the slide which has seen the Black Cats slump to within two points of the relegation zone.

"Steve has acted with honesty and integrity throughout, which is testament to the character and commitment he has shown during his time at Sunderland," Short added.

"I would like to personally place on record my thanks to him for his significant contribution to our football club over the past two and a half years and everyone here at Sunderland naturally wishes him the very best for the future.

"I would also like to thank our fans, who have endured a trying start to the season. Their support continues to be the driving force behind our club and is vital as we now look to the future."

More to follow.

Can't say i'm surprised tbh, thought they'd have been a lot better.