Thought For Today

phoenix

Astrology Quotes

by Carl Gustav Jung

We are born at a given moment in a given place and like vintage years of wine we have the qualities of the year and of the season in which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything else. - C.G.Jung

Astrology is one of the intuitive methods like the I Ching, geomantics, and other divinatory procedures. It is based upon the synchronicity principle, i.e. meaningful coincidence. ... Astrology is a naively projected psychology in which the different attitudes and temperaments of man are represented as gods and identified with planets and zodiacal constellations. - C.G. Jung

Obviously astrology has much to offer psychology, but what the latter can offer its elder sister is less evident. So far as I judge, it would seem to me advantageous for astrology to take the existence of psychology into account, above all the psychology of the personality and of the unconscious. - C.G. Jung

www.elizabethspring.com/Jung_and_Astrology.html

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.

For instance, I cannot abide laziness, and folk who gouch in front of the box like it's the be all and end all.

I get these folk telt, disna matter if I ken them or not, sparks fly when I see folk lying back eating junk, catching flies constantly with solid yawning, and generally not paying any attention to more important things like life for instance, instead preferring the vapidity of their TV escape route.

I'm told I'm an utter bastard for challenging this, as it's 'normal' for folk to like telly and stuff.

Therefore this leads me to conclude that maybe I am a complete cunt, something I had not previously considered.

So, in effect, you're right.

However, amidst all this philosophical musing, even if the stuff that irritates us about ither folk leads us to understand ourselves better, does it change anything, all this understanding?

I mean, just because I acknowledge the merit in folk thinking I'm an utter bastard, does that make me not an utter bastard?

The answer is no.

If anything, you might become more of an utter bastard, if you're also a thrawn hoor, which I've also been told I am.

So, it might be the case that ignorance is bliss, and you're better off not understanding, if you want folk to think you're less of a prick.

It's one of life's great conundrums, and I could reel off a 10,000 word thesis on it no bother.

:confused:

However, amidst all this philosophical musing, even if the stuff that irritates us about ither folk leads us to understand ourselves better, does it change anything, all this understanding?

I mean, just because I acknowledge the merit in folk thinking I'm an utter bastard, does that make me not an utter bastard?

The answer is no.

If anything, you might become more of an utter bastard, if you're also a thrawn hoor, which I've also been told I am.

So, it might be the case that ignorance is bliss, and you're better off not understanding, if you want folk to think you're less of a prick.

It's one of life's great conundrums, and I could reel off a 10,000 word thesis on it no bother.

:confused:

That wid be 9,999 oo'er mony.

Because 'All You Need Is 'Love''. :)

There's not muckle of that on the go at the best of times let's be honest.

What The Beatles forgot to add is that it helps in the love department to have 'copious quantities of mind-bending drugs'.

So the verse should have been:

'All you need is love' (trumpet)

'Plus mind-bending drugs' (trumpet)

'All you need is love and dru-ugs'

'Love and drugs is all you need'

What The Beatles forgot to add is that it helps in the love department to have 'copious quantities of mind-bending drugs'.

:laughing:

I think the marijuana went with the song in 'All You Need Is Love'.....because everybody and their uncle was at it.

Unfortunately the things we like to indulge in are eventually the things we start to take to excess and the heady days of Peace , Love and Understanding( and marijuana ) became days of chaos and disorder.

We never learn.

Or do we ? :dontknow::nutter:

<BR>There's not muckle of that on the go at the best of times let's be honest.<BR><BR>What The Beatles forgot to add is that it helps in the love department to have 'copious quantities of mind-bending drugs'.<BR><BR>So the verse should have been:<BR><BR>'All you need is love' (trumpet)<BR>'Plus mind-bending drugs' (trumpet)<BR>'All you need is love and dru-ugs'<BR>'Love and drugs is all you need'<BR>

:laughing:

I think the marijuana went with the song in 'All You Need Is Love'.....because everybody and their uncle was at it.

Unfortunately the things we like to indulge in are eventually the things we start to take to excess and the heady days of Peace , Love and Understanding( and marijuana ) became days of chaos and disorder.

We never learn.

Or do we ? :dontknow::nutter: