Wtf?

Testimonials are usually poor but you'd get a full house for it.

Get Real Madrid across :checkit:

I always thought last game at Pittodrie -Hamburg

1st game at new stadium - Madrid.

Nice symmetry to that I think.

Mind you Simmie scored at Pittodrie against Hamburg so two birds/ one stone.

Personally think the last game at pittodrie should be a celebration of the history of the club, not one man! And the proceeds going to youth development. Or another worthy cause.

I think as long as we ensure we have a big game at Pittodrie as our last, against a big decent side then I would imagine it being a sell out. I agree that our last game should be about Pittodrie and AFC. I think for Simpsons sake, i'd rather have his testimonial being about HIM and not about the Pittodries last game.

AFC v Real Madrid as the last game at Pittodrie...that would be amazing.

I always thought last game at Pittodrie -Hamburg

1st game at new stadium - Madrid.

Nice symmetry to that I think.

Mind you Simmie scored at Pittodrie against Hamburg so two birds/ one stone.

It'd be ace if the first match at the new ground was a meaningful game. Huns at home first game of the season would be brillaint.

or a Europa qualifier...

Personally think the last game at pittodrie should be a celebration of the history of the club, not one man! And the proceeds going to youth development. Or another worthy cause.

I agree but then again I suspect Simmie will give a large, if not all, of the money from his testemonial to charity. I mean its about celebrating Simmie as a player not just an excuse to give him money (or have I misunderstood the campaign).

I had thought it may be that but this is the wording on the official petition page

"It has been suggested, and i personally think its a great idea for the final game to be played at Pittodrie should be Neil Simpsons Testimonial. This dons legend has served the club as both player and coach for 20 years and we as fans should be able to honor him with the testimonial he deserves. This game against a quality side would guarantee a sell out and be a good way to see off our famous ground before we move to the new stadium. Lets get right behind the campaign, lets get right behind our team.Stand Free"

So we're hoping to move in for the start of 2013/14?

Whens work starting on it?

Well. The Barr sign is up in the fieldy.

And some gypes are fucking aboot wi' roadworks there...perhaps making an entrance?

So they can move equipment and access the site etc?

Says it'll be done by Feb2012.

The roadworks, nae the stadium. :checkit:

Could only really be them, or Hamburg.

Christ if Barca turn out for ushited then I'm sure we could get one of our 83 finals opposition to turn out for a testimonial for Simmie.

What about a Rangers select, the likes of Souness, Butcher, Durrant etc, give the fans what they want.