Kindle Fire

phoenix

The Amazon Kindle Fire represents astonishingly good value for money; perhaps the best gadget bargain of this era.

The Amazon Kindle Fire is here and the tablet landscape can never be the same again.

Now all we need is for Amazon to confirm a UK launch date and price and all this excitement will finally be actionable.

There's an awful lot about this device that spectacularly defies the bargain basement price point. The build is one of those things, while the refreshing user interface, display, touchscreen and built-in eco-system of content are better than they have any right to be at this price.

The buying experience was perfect and the ability to keep everything in the cloud does its best to negate the paltry 8GB hard-drive. We were also really impressed with the first iteration of the Silk browser, which is likely to get better.

Dislikes:

The decision to omit things like a front-facing camera, a microphone, 3G data connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS, the Android Market, greater internal storage (and the option of external storage) were made to keep costs to a minimum.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/amazon-kindle-fire-1041946/review?artc_pg=1

Are Kindles worth getting?

NB Dynamo !

There is a Kindle and a Kindle Fire.

The Kindle is essentially for reading digital books , the Kindle Fire does that and much , much more.

And for not much , much more money.

Not out here yet but no doubt will be making a big SPLASH !

Since the UK seems to like it's daily/weekly fix of retail therapy.

So keen are Amazon for you to use their Kindle Fire that they are selling at a loss(

One of the main selling points, other than the price, of the Kindle Fire was meant to be the browsing speed. However, I read a review which compared the Fire to the Ipad 2 and the Glaaxy tab 2 and it came last by a country mile.

Not sure about it. for the money it's fantastic, but I still think there is enough negatives to make me want to pay a wee bit more and get something else.

One of the main selling points, other than the price, of the Kindle Fire was meant to be the browsing speed. However, I read a review which compared the Fire to the Ipad 2 and the Glaaxy tab 2 and it came last by a country mile.

Not sure about it. for the money it's fantastic, but I still think there is enough negatives to make me want to pay a wee bit more and get something else.

My IT friend rates the Asus tablet SF82 and I love my Asus laptop. He tells me that there's a new Asus Transformer about to come out so the current lowest price of £280 should come down even further.

There may be a few bargains in the January sales too.

Yeah i've read very good things about it. The only downside i've seen from it is that it's quite a heavy and bulky looking device. I have / in the process of selling my netbook so i'm thinking of buying one and getting the docking station so it can double as a netbook.

With regards to the new Asus transformer coming out, I don't think there is a huge difference between the two so if you are getting the older one for less than £300, it's a bargain.

I may wait until January as you say and see if I can pick one up for ~£250