Euro 2012

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So England could potentially get Spain, Portugal and France :crossfingers:

Anyway, no easy games no matter who they get, or who anyone gets.

Euros>World Cup.

having the two home nations as seeded has changed the way the groups could turn out. some really tasty possibilities there.

Seeing Czech Republic there really pisses me off.

Harry fucking Potter :banghead: :banghead:

not seeing Scotland there is all that annoys me, 13 years and counting :cry:

England are going to win it this time round.

if they ditch lampard, gerrard, terry, ferdinand, barry and milner and put in folk like jones, wellbeck, adam johnson they'll do ok.

they need to build the team around wiltshire instead of lampard/gerrard.

cleverly would have been a good alsongside wiltshire but he's crocked atm.

a fit and on form carroll would be great alongside rooney with sturridge and wellbeck as backup.

gent bent to fcuk aswell.

england will do well if they stick with the young semi-decent players they have. the old dogs have had their day and the youth will have a bit of edge and passion.

lots of folk predicting germany to be the team to beat.

funny that, i thought spain were the best team ever. and i mean ever. ever.

:sherlock::dontknow:

not seeing Scotland there is all that annoys me, 13 years and counting :cry:

that was why i was annoyed at eck leaving. i felt he deffo could have got us to do well in the 2010 qualifying group.

but the change of manager totally disrupted the progress that we were making then.

ireland are there now though. are they that much better than us?

their record since the late 80s would suggues so.

:(:o

On yersels whoever England get.

Also, I detest the tattie munchers, that gives me six games at least in which to support the opposition, plus probably a handful of decent games involving two foreign teams.

As long as it's better than the World Cup, usually is, because it was woeful.

Euros>World Cup.

In theory that's true because you don't get shite teams like New Zealand and North Korea at the Euros, but can you remember many classic Euros other than maybe '96 (although that's probably because it was the last time Scotland were involved)? '08 was average with Spain playing "keep ball" with everyone on the park, '04 was forgettable with the hosts losing in the final to ultra-defensive Greece, '00 was fairly ordinary with France beating Italy with a "Golden Goal" in the final, 1992 was pish with the underdogs and last-minute wildcards Denmark lifting the trophy, and I don't remember much about Euro 88 other than Gullit and Van Basten's iconic goals in the final, whereas in terms of World Cups '90, '98 and '06 were amongst the most memorable tournaments in my lifetime (although 2010, 2002 and 1994 were borefests, admittedly).

Also not a huge fan of the co-hosted events, Euro 2012 has large travelling distances between venues and question marks over the quality of stadia/infrastructure, don't have high hopes for Ukraine and Poland (FIFA ranked 55th and 66th respectively - Scotland are ranked 49th), Group of Death would surely be Spain, Germany, Portugal and France, could be a tasty atmosphere in bars around the country if England face Poland.

In theory that's true because you don't get shite teams like New Zealand and North Korea at the Euros, but can you remember many classic Euros other than maybe '96 (although that's probably because it was the last time Scotland were involved)? '08 was average with Spain playing "keep ball" with everyone on the park, '04 was forgettable with the hosts losing in the final to ultra-defensive Greece, '00 was fairly ordinary with France beating Italy with a "Golden Goal" in the final, 1992 was pish with the underdogs and last-minute wildcards Denmark lifting the trophy, and I don't remember much about Euro 88 other than Gullit and Van Basten's iconic goals in the final, whereas in terms of World Cups '90, '98 and '06 were amongst the most memorable tournaments in my lifetime (although 2010, 2002 and 1994 were borefests, admittedly).

Also not a huge fan of the co-hosted events, Euro 2012 has large travelling distances between venues and question marks over the quality of stadia/infrastructure, don't have high hopes for Ukraine and Poland (FIFA ranked 55th and 66th respectively - Scotland are ranked 49th), Group of Death would surely be Spain, Germany, Portugal and France, could be a tasty atmosphere in bars around the country if England face Poland.

EURO88 was brilliant.

first tournament i can remember watching.

houghtons goal vs england.

whelans goal vs ussr.

and my favourite memory was the holland england game.

great equaliser from robson who was one of my favourite players at the time.

great hat trick from the swan.

gullits pass with the oustide of his boot for one of teh goals was an absolute peach.

gullit was ace. of course he's no xavi.

The blonde thing third from the left in the Daily Mail picture was pretty tidy! I'd happily attack her gates. In fact i'd attack all of their gates, my trunchen would be battered by the end of it!

article-2069051-0F066DFA00000578-274_468x286.jpg

Terrible to think there is now a whole generation of kids who have never seen Scotland at a major finals or Aberdeen lift a major trophy. I count myself lucky that I'm just old enough to have seen and remember both!

Aye too true,no wonder the bairns are more into free running than fitba now,i dont blame them...