Afc Website Down For Anyone Else? (3/12/11)

a don in oz

Just went to it to get the latest pre the game and getting peculiar DNS errors. I changed my DNS settings from ISP ones to Google public DNS and it isn't a resolution error externally from what I can see but just wondered if it was just an overseas issue? Anyone able to check for me if you can get to www.afc.co.uk?

Just went to it to get the latest pre the game and getting peculiar DNS errors. I changed my DNS settings from ISP ones to Google public DNS and it isn't a resolution error externally from what I can see but just wondered if it was just an overseas issue? Anyone able to check for me if you can get to www.afc.co.uk?

All normal at my end Oz.

Fine for me in Aberdeen dude.

Holy shit... it's BROWSER related!? The clueless fuckers have broken something so fundamental that it throws up this:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later. Reference #11.14070f17.1322920731.acb5d725
When I visit the site with Opera which I have always done... but works fine in IE. Wow.

Holy shit... it's BROWSER related!? The clueless fuckers have broken something so fundamental that it throws up this: When I visit the site with Opera which I have always done... but works fine in IE. Wow.

You and Bebo are the only cunts on the planet who still use Opera!

Have no idea how you could break a site so badly that it returns a DNS error in a specific browser though! Impressive levels of incompetence!

• Admin

You and Bebo are the only cunts on the planet who still use Opera!

Have no idea how you could break a site so badly that it returns a DNS error in a specific browser though! Impressive levels of incompetence!

Oi you cunt. I only use the mobile version of Opera on my phone, because it is the most superior choice for that specific medium. I use FF for everything else you cheeky arsetit.

Deleting cache didn't do it. Restarting afterwards didn't. However deleting the persistent storage and restarting DID fix... makes me wonder what on earth is being stored locally in html5 land :\ Of course... having deleted it... I can't see now...

It's a weird error like. Might be time to download Firefox. I doubt the AFC site uses anything more advanced than HTML 4.

Haha! Web developer I know in Leeds and have worked with before. He's forever telling me my sites are broke in Opera version 'x'. I couldn't give a toss! Less than 3% market share = not worth losing any sleep over!

That's over 100 million potential visitors you're not losing sleep over. You're a bad web person. BAD web person.

Think it's closer to 2% is still on IE6 but it's actively being removed from circulation even by its maker. Different situation.

Nah, it's still over 25% (sad but true). 98% of them will be Chinese running a rip off version of XP though.

Opera is pretty much standards compliant but I don't test on it. The name of the game is to make sure it works in IE8, FF and Chrome / Safari. Anything else costs extra.

*edit* 17% now. It's fairly nosedived in the last year. About time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer#Market_share_history_overview_by_year_and_version

it wasn't working for me either for the last few hours anyway.. but it's fine for me now. :thumbs:

Ya can ignore the w3c schools stats because it's generally used by web developers. The other stats are great news though. Over the past 18 months or so I've been pretty much ignoring IE6 and so have a lot of others.

The attitude from most devs these days is that

Ya can ignore the w3c schools stats because it's generally used by web developers. The other stats are great news though. Over the past 18 months or so I've been pretty much ignoring IE6 and so have a lot of others.

The attitude from most devs these days is that <IE8 is ignored. FF is the browser that you build in and you can fix the odd thing here and there for others but with IE7 and IE6 out of the picture life is a helluva lot easier.

A new thread is required but fuck it to keep things simple it's being posted here?

What is the best browser thingymabob to use these days?

I use FIrefox but what's best and why is it best?

Internet Explorer is horrendous to use as it crashes all the time.

This Opera you speak about. What other browsers are there and what are their merits and pitfalls.

Safari is for iphones I believe as I've seen it on the missus' phone.

A new thread is required but fuck it to keep things simple it's being posted here?

What is the best browser thingymabob to use these days?

I use FIrefox but what's best and why is it best?

Internet Explorer is horrendous to use as it crashes all the time.

This Opera you speak about. What other browsers are there and what are their merits and pitfalls.

Safari is for iphones I believe as I've seen it on the missus' phone.

All ye need tae ken is to download Firefox or Chrome for your PC. Macs come with Safari. Anything else is just a pain in the arse obstacle.

You will only need Opera if you consider yourself too elite to have the same interface to the internet as the rest of us and you will only need Internet Explorer if you're over the age of 70 and your computer is equally ancient.