Scotland Now Has More Pandas Than Tory Mps

2 pandas have arrived at Edinburgh zoo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16023690

I love pandas. Seen two in Washington DC and 4 in China. I'll hopefully get down to Edinburgh to see these two beauts.

Anyone think this is morally wrong flying 2 pandas half way round the world to be put on display in a zoo?

All they've ever done is sleep, eat bamboo which is provided on tap and shit when I've seen them.

Anyone think this is morally wrong flying 2 pandas half way round the world to be put on display in a zoo?

All they've ever done is sleep, eat bamboo which is provided on tap and shit when I've seen them.

Nah, not really. Pandas have a shit life in the wild, bamboo is so low in nutritional value that they have to spend pretty much their entire lives sitting around eating. Not much difference really! And if it leads to interest in preservation, breeding programmes and the like then its all good...

Nah, not really. Pandas have a shit life in the wild, bamboo is so low in nutritional value that they have to spend pretty much their entire lives sitting around eating. Not much difference really! And if it leads to interest in preservation, breeding programmes and the like then its all good...

Bamboo grows so fast that people who were accused of wrong doing used to be tied to and it would grow into them ohmy.gif

It's really strong too, they use it for scaffolding in China.

Didn't like some of the shitty media comments on something that's so positive. From "animal rights" people (especially the BBC, that plus "here's pics of the shit they are going to sell, it's all about propping up a nearly fucked zoo"") to the torygraph pointing out "yeah but the box has got a BRITISH FLAG ON IT, AND BIG BEN IT'S NOT SCOTTISH".

I paraphrase but it actually did say:

the lorry carrying the pandas to the airport bore the message "Tiantian and Yangguang: heading for Edinburgh, UK" also bore a giant image of Big Ben, a familiar sight of British rather than the Scottish capital.

>Torygraph<

If I was Chinese and I read the national news outlet (along with basically all the others) slating an attempt at diplomacy, sending two of their "animal royalty" and getting a storm of shitty double entrede in return I'd be fucked off I'd think who does this little island think they are.

Such as...

disappointing wrote: 15 h ago

<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; ">

Does not seem to be appreciated. British media is warning against softening its political stance with regards to "panda diplomacy". Multiple articles bringing up topics of illegal immigration and contribution to crime. These hardliners aren't ready for goodwill at all. They are just using the Chinese connection to bring up more anti-China topics. It's disgusting how their media encourages hard-heartedness among the people.

>China Daily<

Can't just be a nice story had to have a shitty side.

I don't like Zoo's.

Gutted for the animals that end up in them, although to be fair some of them don't know anything else.

aye was in one recently and the sno leopard and bengal tiger were just pacing up and down the same 3m squard patch of their cage.

nothing new there but bitter sweet to see.

haha anyone else think they look fake animals?

like someone in an outfit?

Said the same for years.

Their heads are too spherical and they have no neck. It is therefore, definitely not a real animal.

I heard the person who plays Angus The Bull on a Saturday just got a new job in Edinburgh.

Just saying.

Nope

All of the animals on display at Edinburgh Zoo were born in captivity so know no different.

They'll get treated here at least as well, if not better, than they would in any other country in the world.