Killie

So in 2005 Killies debt was 13.0 million and this year 9.4 and falling.

AFCs debt in 2005 was 9.4 million and this year 14.7 and rising.

Since 2005 Killies total wage bills have been 3.5 3.3 3.9 3.8 4.1 3.5 3.5 total 25.6 million

Since 2005 AFCs total wage bills have been 4.5 4.3 5.2 5.9 5.8 4.6 5.1 total 35.4 million

Since 2005 Killies income/turnover 6.1 7.4 8.1 8.7 6.9 7.0 7.1 total 51.3 million

Since 2005 AFCs income/turnover 7.2 6.8 7.5 12.9 8.6 7.0 7.4 total 57.4 million

So we paid 9.8 million more in wages but have 6.1 million more coming in (and Killies totals for both income and wage bill include hotel income and staff).

Sums up just how bad our board is running our club.

Since 2005 Killies total wage bills have been 3.5 3.3 3.9 3.8 4.1 3.5 3.5 total 25.6 million

Since 2005 AFCs total wage bills have been 4.5 4.3 5.2 5.9 5.8 4.6 5.1 total 35.4 million

Since 2005 Killies income/turnover 6.1 7.4 8.1 8.7 6.9 7.0 7.1 total 51.3 million

So we paid 9.8 million more in wages but have 6.1 million more coming in (and Killies totals for both income and wage bill include hotel income and staff).

Ye, it all starts with milne i think.

Agreed milne and his croneys are not competant financially as the figures demonstrate. Their incompetance is compounded by our managerial incompetance where our revenue falls because of lacklustre performances on the park by players who are paid more and produce less than their counterparts elsewhere in the league. There are so many failings at Pittodrie that you'd be tempted to go in and start all over again with completely new personnel if it were possible. Maybe rather than hiring Motherwells old (sometimes very old) managers we should sack the board and employ Kilmarnocks.

All good points

But you appear to be contradicting yourself with regards to Killie's wage bill

P.S. Killie's wage bill was up that year to the highest it had been for 7 seasons!!

Only if 3.5 is more than 3.9 or 4.1?

Agreed milne and his croneys are not competant financially as the figures demonstrate. Their incompetance is compounded by our managerial incompetance where our revenue falls because of lacklustre performances on the park by players who are paid more and produce less than their counterparts elsewhere in the league. There are so many failings at Pittodrie that you'd be tempted to go in and start all over again with completely new personnel if it were possible. Maybe rather than hiring Motherwells old (sometimes very old) managers we should sack the board and employ Kilmarnocks.

Every opportunity by the same folk to have a pot shot.

As it has said in this thread, they have a hotel and bar that injects a lot of money into the club which helps, Aberdeen have an old stadium that costs them nearly a million a year to maintain and now they do something about it to stop this spunking away of money and provide other revenue streams within the new stadium to help like Killie have then they are taken to task over that to.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't !!

All good points

But you appear to be contradicting yourself with regards to Killie's wage bill

Only if 3.5 is more than 3.9 or 4.1?

As above it is clearly 4.1 in 2009 from 08/09 season.

But if you are posting quotes:

Killie only just stayed up as they were trimming the budget year on year due to being almost bust.

As it has said in this thread, they have a hotel and bar that injects a lot of money into the club which helps, Aberdeen have an old stadium that costs them nearly a million a year to maintain and now they do something about it to stop this spunking away of money and provide other revenue streams within the new stadium to help like Killie have then they are taken to task over that to.

Yet with hotel and whatever other revenues Killie have, Aberdeen still take in more money than them!!

A bar and a hotel which presumably was bought by kilmarnock by using foresight and planning. Early investment paying off in the long run. Is that not a good example to be followed? What novel and successful thing has our board done to expand our revenue stream?

We seem to have less competance at a number of leveles and this combined flaw is making the larger AFC organisation less successful than the smaller KFC one. If we were richer our manager could afford more players and his mistakes in purchase would be less glaring. If he were more able he wouldn't have made those mistakes and saddled AFC with extra costs which produce little of value eg Clark. We have poor management at a number of levels and looking and learning from better examples is surely sensible. The common factor for many years has been Milne and his inability to either develop things himself or find someone better than barely adequate to perform any form of management within the Pittodrie structure.

your spot on, how could anyone question afc boards competence

Whatever the year it was never "trimming the budget year on year" .

Could also argue that us cutting our wage bill by over a million left us in big trouble last 2 years.

Like I said, I based it on reportage at the time.

Doesn't look like much of an increase iss all I was saying.

---

And it's unarguable that trimming a million off our wage bill has had an effect - I aluded to that yesterday when I said that the difference between spending

Like I said, I based it on reportage at the time.

Doesn't look like much of an increase iss all I was saying.

---

And it's unarguable that trimming a million off our wage bill has had an effect - I aluded to that yesterday when I said that the difference between spending