New Keeper In Jan

Should we be looking to pick up an exprienced keeper in the Jan window?

Gonzo's going back down the road,Brown by all accounts is shit and Langfield has never been the most consistant.

For me an experienced keeper can make a hell of a difference.

The arrival of Brad Fiedel at Spurs has moved them from a Europa League qualifying side to probable Champions League spot contenders this season.

Peter Kj

For me many more pressing positions that need to be filled.

I would stick with Brown and Langfield once Gonzalez is gone.

Maybe with some decent competition in goals, they (keepers) will push one another to be better than they have been.

Should we be looking to pick up an exprienced keeper in the Jan window?

Gonzo's going back down the road,Brown by all accounts is shit and Langfield has never been the most consistant.

For me an experienced keeper can make a hell of a difference.

The arrival of Brad Fiedel at Spurs has moved them from a Europa League qualifying side to probable Champions League spot contenders this season.

Peter Kj

We will have two keepers that Brown signed come January when Gonzo returns to Manchester, so doubt another will come in.

It was more the experience angle I was coming from...A keeper who comunicates with his back 4...which I doubt Gonzo did much of...is...for me fundamental to a solid defence...hence the mention of Friedel who at 40 some would think past it...but has improved Spurs no end.

It was more the experience angle I was coming from...A keeper who comunicates with his back 4...which I doubt Gonzo did much of...is...for me fundamental to a solid defence...hence the mention of Friedel who at 40 some would think past it...but has improved Spurs no end.

got to be a new record for ellipses.

May but Brown signed the two we will have rest of season so very much doubt he will go after another as clearly rates these two enough.

Really?!

Has he been banging them in from the 18 yard box?

No but he has steadied a rocky defensive ship when Gomez was in goals...Spurs have never been shy in front of goal but have thrown games by defensive slip ups...A good keeper is as important as a prolific striker...I would have thought it was obvious?

No, it's not being involved in the Champions League that has done that.

Pretty difficult to argue with that one.

Redknapp playing a blinder by resting players during Europa League games and concentrating on the league.

However it's a little irritating that success is now securing a champions league spot instead of winning a European trophy.

Let the Europa League winners get a Champions league berth for the following season and a lot more teams would take that tournament seriously.

Pretty difficult to argue with that one.

Redknapp playing a blinder by resting players during Europa League games and concentrating on the league.

However it's a little irritating that success is now securing a champions league spot instead of winning a European trophy.

Let the Europa League winners get a Champions league berth for the following season and a lot more teams would take that tournament seriously.

Well he did play Gomez in goal for Europa...which kinnda is my point

Same should go for domestic cups. Ideally it would be league winners straight in and maybe qualifiers for cup winners. Prizes should be for winning things not coming second best.

But I don't think that ANY team getting knocked out of the champions league should then get a place in Europa cup :dontknow:

That's one of the main things that makes a mockery of the Europa cup.

Champions league should just be for that (champions) but then if they MUST have 2nd,3rd & even 4th placed domestic league finishers in the champions league then that should be the ONLY European cup they can compete in for that year. None of this consolation place in Europa.

Europa should be like a cup winners cup or similar but once your in it then you shouldn't (after performing strongly) then be forced to play some even better teams after them failing in the top league.

It's ALL wrong.

Europa winners should then get a champions league spot the following season aye fair enough but also still get to play the seasons champions league winners in the cup winners cup

But I don't think that ANY team getting knocked out of the champions league should then get a place in Europa cup :dontknow:

Champions league should just be for that (champions) but then if they MUST have 2nd,3rd & even 4th placed domestic league finishers in the champions league then that should be the ONLY European cup they can compete in for that year. None of this consolation place in Europa.

Europa should be like a cup winners cup or similar but once your in it then you shouldn't (after performing strongly) then be forced to play some even better teams after them failing in the top league.

It's ALL wrong.

Europa winners should then get a champions league spot the following season aye fair enough but also still get to play the seasons champions league winners in the cup winners cup

That makes a lot of sense.

Sadly money and the big clubs rule.

It's ALL wrong.

Been saying as much for years FnD. The safetly net is just another tool of the big fix that is european football. Its also why its completely boring drivel to watch.

Back on the topic. Balogh has left Hearts today.

No sure just how good he is but might be a shout?

Been saying as much for years FnD. The safetly net is just another tool of the big fix that is european football. Its also why its completely boring drivel to watch.

Back on the topic. Balogh has left Hearts today.

No sure just how good he is but might be a shout?

Said his preference was to play in Europe in a new country so he may be looking for something closer to home.

surely jim leighton needs to start earning his chips? when's the last time we saw a marked improvement in a keeper under his tutelage? the least he can do is get jason brown to trim down a stone or 2, fuck me he looks like a bouncer who's as mobile as an oil rig. although there is cause for concern in the goalkeeping department we clearly have more pressing issues to sort out elsewhere like a full back, some proper width and a creative player. unfortunately i want a new man in to sort this out. craig brown is to negative to address these as he's proven time and time again he'd rather be solid right threw the middle at the expence of any width. the problem with that is we are far from solid as our league position will confirm.

From the BBC

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Janos Balogh has left the club with immediate effect.

The Hungarian, 29, was out of contract in January but the club have confirmed that he has gone early.

Balogh has left Hearts a month before his contract was due to end He told Hearts News: "It was a good move for me to come to Hearts and it improved me as a keeper, although it was frustrating not to be able to prove it in the last 15 months.

"I didn't have much luck during that time but I will remember my first two years here for a long time.

"I will be home in Hungary with my family for Christmas which will be great and after that who knows what will happen. My preference is to get back playing in Europe in a new country."

I'm actually at the stage now where I'm passed saying oh we need a Full Back before we worry about a keeper or whatever. I just think we need to start scouting better players and bring in guys to do the job in ALL the positions we are weak.

GK, RB, LB, RW, LW, ST

Wow. I never used to be so greedy. Fed up of the half measures getting us no where. Lets sort this out in the current window, tie up the likes of arnason too and then we can let mackie, magennis, langfield etc leave whenever they want.

If we only bring in 1 or even 2 players I won't be impressed.

I'm actually at the stage now where I'm passed saying oh we need a Full Back before we worry about a keeper or whatever. I just think we need to start scouting better players and bring in guys to do the job in ALL the positions we are weak.

GK, RB, LB, RW, LW, ST

Wow. I never used to be so greedy. Fed up of the half measures getting us no where. Lets sort this out in the current window, tie up the likes of arnason too and then we can let mackie, magennis, langfield etc leave whenever they want.

If we only bring in 1 or even 2 players I won't be impressed.

So basically most positions except centre mid & centre half.

Bet he goes & signs ANOTHER centre mid than can maybe play LB,RB,LW,RW or up front. We've got Josh to stand in as keeper.