Euro City Breaks

Henry

Hi chums

looking to book a weekend somewhere on mainland Europe for February/March time, preferably leaving from Scotland but that's not vital. Thinking 3 or 4 nights somewhere. Any suggestions? Been looking at the TravelZoo app which seems to have decent deals, maybe I'm better booking it myself? :dontknow:

Hi chums

looking to book a weekend somewhere on mainland Europe for February/March time, preferably leaving from Scotland but that's not vital. Thinking 3 or 4 nights somewhere. Any suggestions? Been looking at the TravelZoo app which seems to have decent deals, maybe I'm better booking it myself? :dontknow:

Alone or with the bird?

I'd go to Rome.

Don't do what the Romans did though as that will get you into trouble despite what the popular phrase says.

If you go there and start building roads, aquaducts, murdering people, building sewage systems etc then the local authorities will be non too pleased.

Just have a dander about and take in the sights and culture.

I'd have thought flights to New York would have came tumbling down in price since the big move from across the Atlantic Ocean to mainland Europe.

Perhaps it's not common knowledge that New York is now part of mainland Europe and prices still reflect the extra distance required to travel to America.

Will the New Yorkers be joining the Euro?

Fit a bloody pedant :P

Anyway, it's all Brian fae bergens fault. Typical jute, couldn't find himself in the mirror, never mind Europe on an atlas. Eh blame the schools.

What are the yanks getting out of it then?

They're getting rid of all the Mexican border hoppers.

Berlin border control is second to none.

Ask anyone who failed to cross the wall for evidence of that.

Perfect swap deal.

America don't get any square heads and they don't get any additional Mexicans.

It's a sort of feeder club deal where by a city sings for another country but then immediately goes on loan somewhere else. The Italians are well known for that caper with footballers.

Been to NY a couple times, would love to go again, but money and time restraints rule it out this time - I'd like to go back for a week at least if I was going.

it's with the bird FYI.

How about going to plain old York and not New York.

With the channel tunnel now linking Britain and mainland Europe York could technically be classified as mainland Europe.

As could Skye.

I went to Budapest in May for a few days, cracking city, pretty cheap and you can eat really well without spending a fortune. Loads of historical/cultural stuff to see and do, enough for a few days certainly but not so much that you feel overwhelmed, and direct flights from Edinburgh with jet2.com

Highly recommended.