Scott Booth

Think they would be great to work under if you were a youngster coming through. Have Aberdeen missed out here?

No certainly not...I've mentioned before that I went on the lash a few times with Rico when he was with us...told me a few stories about both Jess and Booth when Willie was manager...both very weak...couldn't take a telling...crying after a cun*ing at training...pair of weak fanny boys

No certainly not...I've mentioned before that I went on the lash a few times with Rico when he was with us...told me a few stories about both Jess and Booth when Willie was manager...both very weak...couldn't take a telling...crying after a cun*ing at training...pair of weak fanny boys

Which would have what to do with them being good to work under exactly?
  • 3 months later...

Good to have someone of Booth's experience working with the kids in Scotland. He's probably picked up a lot from his time in Holland which can only be good for the kids here.

Completely agree, not just Holland but his time in Germany too, they play the way football should be played. All the best to Scott, was one of my idols growing up, hope he does well.

I thought he was going for them when he joined us the 2nd time around?

Was speaking to a lassie when a wiz out a week last Sunday nite who's son plays for Hibs (a good LB with a great left foot apparently) & he was at Hearts but they treated him like shite, so he left (even though his dad's a Jambo) & Aberdeen (among others) were interested in him & she said they were one of the better clubs & more professional about it but he chose Hibs :angry2: anyway, she said that he's also in the Scotland set up & that they were surprised to learn that Booth didn't have ANY coaching badges yet :dontknow:

• 1 year later...

New boss of Stenhousemuir... good luck to him. Wonder if he'll keep David Rowson on the coaching staff?

Stenhousemuir FC appoint Scott Booth as new Manager

18th Feb 2014

Stenhousemuir Football Club has today announced that former Scotland Internationalist and current Scotland Under-17s Coach Scott Booth has been appointed as the Club’s new Manager.

Club Chairman, Bill Darroch said,

“We received a number of high quality applications for the job and the Board felt that Scott had the right approach and the right mix of attributes that best meets the vision and aspirations of Stenhousemuir Football Club.

“Scott has had an enviable career in football playing at the highest level for Clubs including Aberdeen, Borussia Dortmund, FC Utrecht and others. He has of course represented his country by winning twenty-two caps for Scotland. More recently, he has been working with the SFA on youth development and as the coach for the Under-17s Scotland team.

“We believe that the attributes he brings as a former player with considerable professional playing experience, coupled with his passion for youth development, will be a perfect fit for Stenhousemuir.”

Scott Booth said,

“I am delighted to have been appointed as Manager of Stenhousemuir Football Club. The first team squad has an excellent mix of youth and experience and I look forward to getting them on to the training pitch and working with them to be the best they can be as individual athletes, whilst developing a winning mentality as a team.

“Everyone in Scottish Football knows that Stenhousemuir is a modern, progressive club with big ideas on moving the game forward in Scotland. Be it their award winning community programme, or their new youth academy concept, Stenhousemuir is a Club that often leads the way in developing the game.

“I am looking forward to being part of the Club and doing my bit to take the Club forward.”

Scott will take up his new role as Manager from the beginning of March. The current interim coaching team of Brown Ferguson, Robert Glen, David Rowson, Ross McMillan and Scot Buist will continue for the matches against Rangers FC, Airdrieonians and Forfar Athletic.