Peaceful Protesting Against Milne

Peaceful Protest - you in ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. So hypothetically speaking, if there was a peaceful protest of some sort against Stewart Milne and the board before or after the Killie game at home on January 14th 2012 would you be up for taking part ?

dependant on what the goals and objectives of the protest are....?

To register our disgust about how the club is being run? Nothing has changed since Milne's promise that all areas of the football operation woul have to review their performance, the same folk are still there making the same mistakes.

Stewart Milne is not the problem, he's just like any other Chairman trying to do the best for the club, doing the correct and wrong things along the way.

The problem is with the players, that need to show the confidence, spirit and fight during games.

We also have some deadwood in the squad, but that aside I think the team has improved.

Aberdeen FC is working under finicial constraints just like any other team in the SPL, so lets get behind the team with our fantastic support, (which makes me proud to be a Dons supporter).

PS

If Stewart Milne left, who is going to come in and fill his place, the Hearts Chairman might be looking for another club to destroy.

Just be careful what we wish for.

Stand Free.

To register our disgust about how the club is being run? Nothing has changed since Milne's promise that all areas of the football operation woul have to review their performance, the same folk are still there making the same mistakes.

Lower crowds are surely highlighting that to the board though. There has to be more specific goals and messages from a protest. It has to be about what we want to happen, not what has happened.

So, as a collective, are we wanting Milne to step down as chairman, and give someone else a chance? Would that make any difference?

Are we questioning the input of two directors earning in excess of

I think we are all disgusted about the demise of this once great club, but if the only objective of the protest is to register that disgust, I don't really see the point, the club must know how pissed off we are. What is needed is a plan to take the club forward, we have a chairman that has proved inept, but has lots of money, which he wont invest in the club, either he needs to put some significant sums in, maybe in conjunction with funds raised from the fans, or he needs to engineer his departure and allow someone else in, but is there anyone wanting to take his place? Further we wouldn't want to end up with similar chairmen to the huns and diet huns. I can't see Milne leaving before the stadium is built, I'm guessing he see's this as his legacy, and hopes it will help people forget the years of shite we've been watching under his stewardship.

To me theres a lot of problems at the club, an inept chairman, an inept manager, a waste of space director of football, a threadbare squad with to much deadwood(the likes of Mackie, Paton, Clark), a disenchanted support, and no money. A protest may make it clear how fed up we all are, but I don't think Milne is going anywhere, we can't afford to sack Brown, when we need to strenghten the squad, getting rid of Miller would free up some money, but not make much difference, and we should punt Mackie and Paton straight away, and hope someone is stupid enough to take Clark.

The only way to help in the short term, is the club to have more money, yes, I'd rather it wasn't Milne and Brown who decided who to spend it on, but thats what we're stuck with. The club should launch a fund raising scheme, from the fans, with Milne offering to match what we put in, the January transfer window will see many bargains available due to the plight of many clubs, if we even raised half a million, and Milne mached it, we could sign some quality players(sign, not loan, we need players with resale value), ensuring a rise up the league, something to build on for next season, and ensuring we have a decent team at the time we move stadiums, as otherwise, we could be looking at first divisionfootball and a new stadium with no-one it, and a club that will never recover.

Its maybe not the best time to ask the fans for money, when we are all so pissed off, but I think we all know how grave the situation is, and that something needs to be done, the funds should be earmarked only for transfer fees and wages, almost a save our dons campaign before the shit hits the fan.

Stewart Milne is not the problem, he's just like any other Chairman trying to do the best for the club, doing the correct and wrong things along the way.

The problem is with the players, that need to show the confidence, spirit and fight during games.

We also have some deadwood in the squad, but that aside I think the team has improved.

Aberdeen FC is working under finicial constraints just like any other team in the SPL, so lets get behind the team with our fantastic support, (which makes me proud to be a Dons supporter).

PS

If Stewart Milne left, who is going to come in and fill his place, the Hearts Chairman might be looking for another club to destroy.

Stand Free.

you are deluded if you think Milne is not at least part of the problem?

Lower crowds are surely highlighting that to the board though. There has to be more specific goals and messages from a protest. It has to be about what we want to happen, not what has happened.

So, as a collective, are we wanting Milne to step down as chairman, and give someone else a chance? Would that make any difference?

Are we questioning the input of two directors earning in excess of

Yeah but for what i mean? For them all to resign or stay and start investing? Or for them to sack Brown?

I have no issues with a protest - but everyone has to know EXACTLY what they are protesting about.

Fraser and miller salaries are a major issue, both are a waste of money

Indeed, it seems that way. Would be intriguing to see what comparative salaries would be for these roles in businesses doing similarly poorly in other industries.

I think the protest can't be too open ended though it has to have focus on 1 or maybe 2 issues and what we want to happen at most. Water it down too much, and it will have no real effect.

PS

Stand Free.

Good post ageee with all you say especially "Be careful what you wish for"

PS

Stand Free.

Good post.

Nailed, it's not like we have just had half a bad season, we have been shite since 1994, bar 3 or 4 seasons.

Milne is the only consistent during this time and those who blame brown are totally missing the point, I want him out as well I have to add but the whole set up is flawed

PS

Stand Free.

If you were looking for a stereotypical Milne apologist response, then this would be it in a nutshell.

I admire your optimistic approach to matters, but please take your head out of the sand.