Darren Fletcher

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw someone mentioning it could be much worse than is being reported.....bowel cancer.

(MASSIVE rumour however).

Anyways, hope he recovers soon. He's a bloody good player at times.

haha they've released the story to stop folk speculating about what's wrong and you post this? Successful

Expect the same to happen to Rooney, Messi, etc etc then ?

in know, unbelievable, these two players. they have been england and argentinas great white hope for nearly 10 years now.

fcuk me.

and aside form the odd bit years ago, both have done the square root of fcuk all for their national side.

starting top level football at 16. jesus wept.

Rooney will burn out early for sure.

Messi has been given all sorts of growth hormones, which UK based players don't get.

This not related to a condition he's had since he was a child? As opposed to being related to prolonging his career or what not.

Don't think we'll see Darren Fletcher back in the sport. It's a shame, he's the complete role model.

Can't take a penalty though.

Don't think we'll see Darren Fletcher back in the sport. It's a shame, he's the complete role model.

sadly i think youre right sheeps.

i remember his interview a few years ago where he talked about competing with more gifted opponents like lampard and his attiude was to combat this deficiency with a strong work ethic and a more aggressive attitude.

it was a refreshing and inspirational. if only more professional; players thjought and acted like that the game would be better for it.

it makes you understand why fergie has such faith in him, rightly so, and less in older players like tevez.

He will have plenty money to see him through so forgive my lack of sympathy, yes it's sad his career is probably over, but he's not exactly in a bad position wealth wise.

Same as the Hearts players, no sympathy, football is a job, you get well paid for it, take the rough with the smooth.

He will have plenty money to see him through so forgive my lack of sympathy, yes it's sad his career is probably over, but he's not exactly in a bad position wealth wise.

Same as the Hearts players, no sympathy, football is a job, you get well paid for it, take the rough with the smooth.

whats his wage packet got to do with it?

There are folk far worse off, so I'm not getting the violin out for him.

yeahs course there are. like all the minks in india and africa. and glasgow.

but that doesnt mean fletch isnt hurting.

probably loss of career and his most importantly his health.

money has nothing to do with it.

sure he's nae gonna be on the breadline, but he winna care about that.

He has every right to be devastated.

But the public have no need to join him.

There was a day when a footballer being told his career was over would be a life-shattering experience.

When you're getting £80k (a week FFS!) then it's not really carrying the same implication.

So, no Princess Di-esque mock outpouring from me, there are plenty folk in this country who would swap places with him no bother.