The Food Hospital Ch4

terenceandphilip

I'll never understand people who smoke, drink too much, are overweight, don't exercise, eat crap but think getting ill is a matter of luck. Its not.

That's not to say you can't be unlucky, of course you can. You get one body - if you don't look after it you're mad.

What's the programme all about T&P?

Is it a bit like Embarrassing Bodies?

The occasional treat is justified especially this time of year.

I've some lovely cheese away with me and although it's high in fat a little in moderation won't do any harm.

A nice bottle of Red to wash it down and bingo you're off and running.

Not into macrobiotics yet but I'm very interested in it as I'm reading a book all about it thanks to Phoenix harping on about it all the time.

I'll never understand people who smoke, drink too much, are overweight, don't exercise, eat crap but think getting ill is a matter of luck. Its not.

That's not to say you can't be unlucky, of course you can. You get one body - if you don't look after it your mad.

It's not as simple as that. My flatmate is in recovery from breast cancer. She's under 30 and lived an exceptionally healthy lifestyle... hardly drinks, doesn't smoke, never eats junk food/chocolate and home cooks all her own meals (is an exeptional cook actually!), using organic ingredients. She also trains 4 times a week in martial arts. Prior to the illness she was probably the fittest, healthiest women I knew.... sometimes shit just happens. However, this thing I found most amazing is that she has no history of cancer in her family!

Darren Fletchers illness is another example. By all accounts a model pro who looks after himself. At his peak, he was one of the fittest players in the EPL.

That's not to say you can't be unlucky, of course you can. You get one body - if you don't look after it your mad.

It's not as simple as that. My flatmate is in recovery from breast cancer. She's under 30 and lived an exceptionally healthy lifestyle... hardly drinks, doesn't smoke, never eats junk food/chocolate and home cooks all her own meals (is an exeptional cook actually!), using organic ingredients. She also trains 4 times a week in martial arts. Prior to the illness she was probably the fittest, healthiest women I knew.... sometimes shit just happens. However, this thing I found most amazing is that she has no history of cancer in her family!

Darren Fletchers illness is another example. By all accounts a model pro who looks after himself. At his peak, he was one of the fittest players in the EPL.

Think you missed a bit SOTR.

EDIT: Perhaps not I see you have wrote sometimes shit happens.

There is still much we still don't know about the way things work....including our own bodies.

A suggestion is that modern man no longer sees himself as part of his environment( the universe if you like ). Modern Man in his/her arrogance( if you will ) sees him/herself as separate from the fabric of the Universe.

Now it may be that it was necessary to separate from the fabric of the Universe to progress , accepting that you think we have progressed.....maybe we have simply exchanged one form of suffering for another.

One way of remaining healthy is to stay part of the Universe and live with the Universal rythmns.....this is to eat and to behave seasonally.

And you should not need to knock yourself out to keep fit.....you need to use your energy efficiently , not waste it in the gym.

Be like the cat.....and not a wage slave to the Capitalist System. It is Capitalism that kills !

One way of remaining healthy is to stay part of the Universe and live with the Universal rythmns.....this is to eat and to behave seasonally.

And you should not need to knock yourself out to keep fit.....you need to use your energy efficiently , not waste it in the gym.

I've did fuck all this morning, went for a 1.5k swim before lunch, doing fuck all again this afternoon and going for a 10k run tonight. Both will be done with a lot less effort than before. Won't see a gym at all.

As it's almost Christmas I feel doing fuck all at work is behaving very seasonal.

I'd porridge for breakfast, lunch was brown pasta with tuna and vegetables (all able to be grown in the UK) and 3 Donald's the baker in Portsoy's oatcakes, two of these, High EPA two of these,Sterols and I'll be having two bananas at 5pm beofre my run at 6. Bananas being the only thing I entertain that's not home grown or possible to be home grown.

Supper will be the same as lunch with added beetroot and onion. However I shall treat myself to a nice bit of Le Roul

I've did fuck all this morning, went for a 1.5k swim before lunch, doing fuck all again this afternoon and going for a 10k run tonight. Both will be done with a lot less effort than before. Won't see a gym at all.

As it's almost Christmas I feel doing fuck all at work is behaving very seasonal.

I'd porridge for breakfast, lunch was brown pasta with tuna and vegetables (all able to be grown in the UK) and 3 Donald's the baker in Portsoy's oatcakes, two of these, High EPA two of these,Sterols and I'll be having two bananas at 5pm beofre my run at 6. Bananas being the only thing I entertain that's not home grown or possible to be home grown.

Supper will be the same as lunch with added beetroot and onion. However I shall treat myself to a nice bit of Le Roul

Think you got it sussed there , boof. Nae sure aboot the jogging but chaqu'un a son gout. I do the swimming.

You should be een o' they centenarians afore lang at this rate. Jist mak sure ye d'a get knocked oo'er by a bus fan oot joggin'.

Nae much fear of that in the middle of the Sahara Desert Phoen. :laughing:

Fortunately the camp here does have an indoor pool though as there isn't much call for swimming in the desert outdoors.

Pretty cold water though which helps the blood flow.

Good attempt at the French as well.

Vous m'avez impressionn