Aberdeen Vs Hibernian

More injuries and suspensions to deal with means a change of team for this one but i don't think thats a bad thing - the robust unit the manager has been fielding recently hasn't really achieved the target is was designed to : 3points by brute force. The fielding of ball players such as Jack and Arnason in the correct positions last night worked well for us at McDiarmid. However if Mawene and Consi are out it means Arnason in at CB and probably means Clark in midfield, although i'd prefer Pawlett to start. Fallon looked fucked when he went of and Chalali looked bright so he deserves a start.

For me the team vs Hibs (who will let us play and not press like madmen) is as follows.

GK BROWN

RB OSBOURNE

CB MCARDLE

CB ARNASOM

LB FOSTER

RM FYVIE

CM JACK

CM CLARK

LM MILSOM

ST VERNON

ST CHALALI

Subs : The rest.

Hibs are minus Griffiths who is finding form so thats a bonus and I reckon Arnie can get to grips with O'Connor, what with his new found GBH look and approach. Hibs are a shambles at the back, we need to cross cross cross.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffiths being out is huge, depends on the first 15-20 minutes if we can get an early goal all the pressure is on hibs!

Again i say this week in week out, to win games we are going to have to score at least 2 goals more often than not. (when was the last time we won 1-0 in the league)

Also depends on which hibs team turns up.

Going to be a nice wee battle.

Think it will end 1-1, but hopefully can nick a second

sign of the times but id be happy with a draw.

A draw at home against a team below us in the league?...FFS!!

We should be looking for a convicing win 3-0 or 3-1 at worst...anything less will show yesterdays game for what it was...a dreadful advert for the SPL and a game that was settled by a freakish goal,mainly due to the weather.

Broons just bought himself time catch his breath...anything other than a win is a failure.

Time to kick on. 3 points again please.

Brown

Osbourne

Arnie

McArdle

Foster

Pawlett

Fyvie

Jack

Milsom

Chalali

Vernon

Might be a bit light weight in the middle that, but can't tink of anyone else we have who would add some steel.

Would go with that. Not sure whether Jack and Osbourne should be swapped to add that bit of steel in the middle and to what extent it is needed.

Their Osbourne's a big lad but looks to be a wee bit of a donkey.

GK BROWN

RB OSBOURNE

CB MCARDLE

CB ARNASOM

LB FOSTER

RM PAWLETT

CM JACK

CM FYVIE

LM MILSOM

ST VERNON

ST CHALALI

A game to attack. We could stick four past this lot.

That would be my pick, keep Clark as far away from the starting 11 as possible. Unfortunately I suspect he'll play him in front of Pawlett :ThumbsDown: Regardless we should be going for the jugular from the off. Momentum is everything when you are bereft of talent.

the tactic missing on tuesday night for me was the outball from defence. Someone's already mentioned on another thread the maddening Brown goes deep straight to keeper (wind assisted) or for a bit of variation, Brown goes deep, fallon gets the nod on but vernon doesn't read it. ONCE WE'RE UP (could I emphasise that more) there may be a place for mcgennis or even Mackie to simply chase a ball to the corner. I'm not into this inviting pressure back on us especially with two staind in CH's.

the tactic missing on tuesday night for me was the outball from defence. Someone's already mentioned on another thread the maddening Brown goes deep straight to keeper (wind assisted) or for a bit of variation, Brown goes deep, fallon gets the nod on but vernon doesn't read it. ONCE WE'RE UP (could I emphasise that more) there may be a place for mcgennis or even Mackie to simply chase a ball to the corner. I'm not into this inviting pressure back on us especially with two staind in CH's.

Wash your mouth out min!!

I'm hoping that our away win on Tuesday is the turning point in our season. We won against a team who have been in good form recently which should boost confidence. A win on Saturday and we will be back in the running for top 6 and a bit clearer of bottom place. It's still not good enough but a run of wins and we could be challenging for 4th place which I think is a realistic aim. Apart from the top 3 in the league there is not much between the rest of the teams.