Club Shop

Was in the club shop earlier today (5.30pm) after finishing work buying a home top as an Xmas present. At the opposite till to me Kari Arneson as being served at the same time, he had two kids tops and was sorting out getting names on the back. Once that was all sorted the shop assistant said that will be £68 please ( can't rememb exact amount) to which arnason said "what I have to pay!?I'm a player!" Said shop assistant then went through the back (presumably to find out) returned and Arneson was told he would indeed have to pay, at which point he looked annoyed and returned the tops to the shelf.

I'm still trying to decide who I think the biggest penny pincher is, Arneson or the club. Made me cringe with embaressment either way....

Given he's a first team player I genuinely would have thought the club should give him (and indeed all first team squad members) a complementary kit or two for his kids. In the grand picture in costs very little but it is the kind of thing that builds a bond between players and club - hey - it might make their kids fans and be a factor in good players staying on. Cheapskate AFC at its best. Hopefully someone from the club will read this and send him a package and apology.

He returned tops to the shelves after his kids had got their names on them?

Hmmm.

Nope. Clearly you pay before you get the names on. They print you out a little ticket with the names you asked for on it and ask you to sign it if it is correct after you have paid. They never got go that stage with Arnie.

I can see both sides but im going with the fact that Arnason should be paying for tops like everyone else. He has just came from Plymouth where he struggled to get paid for months as someone else said he will be on a minimum of 2k a week. He also was in the paper this week saying he was enjoying playing for the club and glad he didnt go to Hearts where everyone knows there problems. Surely he could put his hand in his pocket for 68 quid.

Hmmmm, heard this very same story not too long ago but it was Peter Pawlett's mum...

Ironically Pawlett was also in the club shop at tea time, along with Clarke, Osbourne and Jack - they were signing autographs etc.

I've no reason to lie bout this if that's the implication but if u don't believe me suit yersel :thumbup1:

Ironically Pawlett was also in the club shop at tea time, along with Clarke, Osbourne and Jack - they were signing autographs etc.

I've no reason to lie bout this if that's the implication but if u don't believe me suit yersel :thumbup1:

Nah, I'm just surprised that these type of people think they can get stuff for free from the club shop. I remember hearing that apparently Pawlett's mum took a right hissy fit about having to pay for three or four full kits with 'Pawlett' on the back.

Sure if he talked to someone in AFC they would have sorted out a couple of kids tops for him. Maybe just doesn't know how we work/who to speak to as he's new.

This.

Any of us could walk into the club shop and say 'I play for Aberdeen so want these kits for free.' They probably didn't recognise him, thus thinking he was at it. I'm sure if he goes through the proper channels internally he'll get them for free.