Kim Jong-Il Deid

The Boofon

Is this good news or bad news.

Probably bad news. I think his poor health, over the past few years, curtailed his quest for world domination... and from what I've read, his son sounds like an even bigger maniac. Would imagine he'll be looking to take off from where his auld man left things, 5-odd years ago, before he got sick!

Probably bad news. I think his poor health, over the past few years, curtailed his quest for world domination... and from what I've read, his son sounds like an even bigger maniac. Would imagine he'll be looking to take off from where his auld man left things, 5-odd years ago, before he got sick!

Not what I've read at all. Apparently he's very young, only been getting groomed for a year and lacks power and authority. Maybe the military who were given more power under Kim might not accept him even as a figure head. Who knows. I suppose the world awaits with baited breath.

Not what I've read at all. Apparently he's very young, only been getting groomed for a year and lacks power and authority. Maybe the military who were given more power under Kim might not accept him even as a figure head. Who knows. I suppose the world awaits with baited breath.

The oldest son has been overlooked according to reports... and power has been handed to Kim Jong-un.

from the article below:

Mr. Fujimoto said in an interview that the young man he last saw in 2001 was stocky and athletic but not fat. He said Kim Jong-il dismissed Kim Jong-chol as

The oldest son has been overlooked according to reports... and power has been handed to Kim Jong-un.

from the article below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/world/asia/15kim.html?ref=global-home

No offence, but I think anyone who believes Jo

ng-ils death will herald the dawn of a new more peaceful and open Korea, is naive in the extreme. If i were a betting man, I'd wager the Koreans won't be too far away from opening a serious can of whoop-ass!

That's why I said hopefully, but I doubt it, initially anyway. What do you mean by opening a can of whoop ass? As I said I think there will be a power struggle initially between the son and the military. And the Chinese will probably have the final say.

And I would expect a missile test very soon.

Holy shit. Hopefully this will herald the dawn of a new more open and peaceful era for North Korea.

Nae danger. The real power will most likely rest wi the generals in command of NK's massive military forces. The loon seems as sharp as a cricket ball, although I wouldn't put it past the generals to install him as president solely as a ceremonial figurehead, while they keep stuff ticking over in the background.

Nae danger. The real power will most likely rest wi the generals in command of NK's massive military forces. The loon seems as sharp as a cricket ball, although I wouldn't put it past the generals to install him as president solely as a ceremonial figurehead, while they keep stuff ticking over in the background.

Aye will be interesting to see who really has the power since until now it has been the main man. There are very few trusted generals at the top, and frequent executions of anyone not saying "yes, sir" quick enough have kept that number small. Kim Jong-Il was no idiot, a bit weird aye, but most politicians who met him said he was a lot smarter than given credit for. He may well have ensured his trusted elite to guide The Great Successor but how much of that power they'll be willing to give back in the long run remains to be seen.

Aye will be interesting to see who really has the power since until now it has been the main man. There are very few trusted generals at the top, and frequent executions of anyone not saying "yes, sir" quick enough have kept that number small. Kim Jong-Il was no idiot, a bit weird aye, but most politicians who met him said he was a lot smarter than given credit for. He may well have ensured his trusted elite to guide The Great Successor but how much of that power they'll be willing to give back in the long run remains to be seen.

There's someone in the military I read a while ago who will be expected to take control until his son is up to speed.

And I see South Korea are on high alert. They are worried that the young gun will want to show his more experienced colleagues that he is up to the job and launch a missile test.