Mawene

Look far better when he is not in defense.

Think had knock at St Johnstone so stuck on bench in case of emergency on Saturday which turned out good as McArdle played well but fully expect him back in on Saturday at Inverness leading to another 6 positional changes.

I'm not the manager, but if I was, I'd drop Mawene for Saturday.

Go with

Brown

Osbourne McArdle Considine Foster

Pawlett (appeal pending) Jack Arnasson Milsom

Chalali (if fit) Vernon

Yep, that's what I would do as well.

With Arnason back in MF, would allow Jack to move back there as he will be alongside an experienced player.

Mcardle's never going to be a guy who plays a neat pass out to the midfield, but its that sort of fuck-about-ary thats causing half our problems

Surprisingly, it was passing out of defence that I was most impressed with at the weekend. Always seemed to know when to take his time and pass it simply, or when to just launch it. He even picked out some good passes into midfield and the wide areas at various times in the game.

As I alluded to yesterday, a problem all season for our right back has been that there has been no outlet on the right of midfield which has led to McArdle launching it more.

Also, I imagine having Arnason alongside you would have a bit more of a calming influence than other partners may have historically.

Broon is historically very loyal to his veteran players....I think if Mawene is fit he will play on Saturday, however with both mawene and McArdleo out of contract at the end of the season Broon has gotta decide who he keeps. Next season Shaunassey will be back anad should be pushing for a first team spot along with Conso and Jack Grimmer is playing there for the U19's in his last season eligible there.......I dont think we can keep both McArdle and Mawene

Was he dropped or just recovering from injury

Interesting to see what brown does this week as twice this season has moved or dropped a player who has had a excellent game.

Think he has to stick with Mcardle? We looked much better with Mawene on the bench.

I thought Brown put Mawene on at just the right time on Saturday as we needed a cooler head as Hibs were trying to throw everything at us the last 20.

Not sure what game Foster14 was watching as I can't recall him playing any ball on the deck personally.

That said, Mcardle had a good game and is more than deserving of a start this week.

Not sure what game Foster14 was watching as I can't recall him playing any ball on the deck personally.

Erm, they were consistently passing it round the back pre-sending off, as far as I recall. They were pretty comfortable the entire first half in that regard, instead of McArdle's usual panic punts...

McArdle is no Beckenbauer but he didn't put a foot wrong against Hibs, primarily because he was placed at centreback and told to just head the ball. His agressive style certainly seems more suited to the SPL than Mawene's laid back sweeper approach - even the Mawene has more skill on the ball than Rory.

I think vs ICT we will see Consi return and play alongside Rory so that it allows Aranson the master to return to midfield alongside Shadow.

Rory got the utter piss taken out of him last time we were at Caley (pretty sure by Johnny Hayes) but this time if he's at centreback I think he'll prove useful against their hoofers.

McArdle is no Beckenbauer but he didn't put a foot wrong against Hibs, primarily because he was placed at centreback and told to just head the ball. His agressive style certainly seems more suited to the SPL than Mawene's laid back sweeper approach - even the Mawene has more skill on the ball than Rory.

I think vs ICT we will see Consi return and play alongside Rory so that it allows Aranson the master to return to midfield alongside Shadow.

Rory got the utter piss taken out of him last time we were at Caley (pretty sure by Johnny Hayes) but this time if he's at centreback I think he'll prove useful against their hoofers.

I assume you mean the 2-0 defeat in October 2010, rather than the last one which we won?

If so, it was Considine that got the piss taken out of him by Hayes, and McArdle actually played centreback that game alongside Diamond (who did the short head back to keeper for their second goal). Absolute disaster of a game defensively...

Stand corrected Foster14 copuld have sworn it was Rory but can easily believe it was Consi.

McArdle is a raw tough lad, just dinna ask him to take touch and play a pass, same goes for Consi - hope we can get Russell fit and i'm quite happy to have Mawene as a squad defender as well.

Think the ideal back two for the second half of the season would be a fit Russell with Consi on his leash.

Stand corrected Foster14 copuld have sworn it was Rory but can easily believe it was Consi.

McArdle is a raw tough lad, just dinna ask him to take touch and play a pass, same goes for Consi - hope we can get Russell fit and i'm quite happy to have Mawene as a squad defender as well.

Think the ideal back two for the second half of the season would be a fit Russell with Consi on his leash.

It was Considine that stood off Hayes when he swung in the cross that ended up in the net.

I'd agree with that last bit, as long as Anderson came back at least 75% of the ability he left with...

Mawene wasn't dropped he was injured and 70% fit, the manager said so and thats the reason he only gave him the last part of the match.

McArdle played well though and deserves a go at centreback, as you say no one has hung him out to dry per say but a lot of people me included see him as a very very shite right back and generally a poor "footballing defender". If we are talking Darren Dods style then aye, he's one of them. And they can prove useful against some of the dross in the SPL that boot it long i.e. Caley.

Erm, they were consistently passing it round the back pre-sending off, as far as I recall. They were pretty comfortable the entire first half in that regard, instead of McArdle's usual panic punts...

Erm, Bar the odd occasion, I was constantly shouting for him to keep it on the deck. Not saying at all he was just aimlessly punting the ball but he definitely chose the long ball option more often than keeping it simple.

I'm not slating him here, I thought he had a good game.

Erm, Bar the odd occasion, I was constantly shouting for him to keep it on the deck. Not saying at all he was just aimlessly punting the ball but he definitely chose the long ball option more often than keeping it simple.

I'm not slating him here, I thought he had a good game.

Well, all things considered, I think I am a better judge of all things centre-back (and their pass selection) than you are...

Ha ha. Please elaborate.

Personal experience. I once played there for a primary school team 17 years ago. I know what is required... :checkit:

Maybe it was more the fact that he did do a couple of decent passes out of the back, and I was so amazed that my memory has incorrectly recollected more such occasions in the match. I certainly don't recall thinking "Fucks Sake McArdle" as he shanks another clearance straight off the pitch anywhere near as much as usual.

Personal experience. I once played there for a primary school team 17 years ago. I know what is required... :checkit:

Maybe it was more the fact that he did do a couple of decent passes out of the back, and I was so amazed that my memory has incorrectly recollected more such occasions in the match. I certainly don't recall thinking "Fucks Sake McArdle" as he shanks another clearance straight off the pitch anywhere near as much as usual.

Certainly do remember McArdle and Arnason stroking the ball across the backline at certain points during the first half. Had me on the edge of my seat as that's usually when we make a complete f**k up.

I never said he kept shanking it out of play. I certainly recall saying "fuck sake McArdle, keep it on the deck" more often than not.

But I reiterate, he had a good game.