Agm

I find it very telling that there is absolutely no advert for tonight's AGM, on the official AFC website. Not even the slightest reference. Wonder why eh?

I was planning to go but family matters take precedence.

if anyone attending can post details here, I'd be very much appreciated.

I specifically want to know what will happen should we not reach the desired valuation of Pittodrie, or worst case, no one actually raises a bid.

Additionally, what conditions apply to the extension of the lending facilities to Feb 2012.

Sounds like a non event

Stadium - usual shite. Project starting in April if the funding is in place. Ongoing process. The level of debt after the move to the Stadium and Training Centre to be the same or lower than current levels, with that debt being in the form of a long term mortgage. I guess the idea is a mortgage at a payable level (i.e slowly reducing) is favourable to the situation we are in now with the debt increasing year on year.

Safe standing area is something the club have been in favour of (and think the local Police will be favourable to) and now the SPL has giving this green light they will consult with fans in these roadshows and regular fans meetings as to the logistics i.e how many seat are sacrificed to standing areas, home fans only or away too etc. This was mentioned in relation to the new stadium and not Pittodrie.

Number of youth changes being discussed at national level. Under 19 league may be replace with an U20 or U21 league with the option to play a number of overage players. The intention there is players who reach 20 who aren't quite ready for first team action still need somewhere to develop. Currently they either sit with nowhere to play and don't develop or even get released at 19. U19 season may be increased from 22 games to 33 and be held in the first team stadia instead of at places like Balgownie.

Fraser Fyvie only player this season to be fined. Brown mentioned all other reds players were just following instructions. Pawlett was told to not allow the fullbacks to get an easy clearance up the line and was trying to block. Jack was going for the ball v Inverness and wasnt fined for the Parkhead overcelebration. He seemed most annoied with Considines red card. Little and Miller seemed to take exception to a tackle by a Hibs centre back later in the game which only got a yellow.

Brown encourages the players to not appeal for decisions and not get involved in discussions with the ref but feels we are being seen as soft instead of fair. Had discussion with referees official today regarding this (I assume when discussing the Pawlett appeal)

Football budget kept at same level (and apparently stretched further) even though loss of tv money means income is lower. The 2.5m loan from AAM and SMG is to meet the shortfall there. Brown defended the budget and held his hand up for complaints to be directed towards him instead in that area.

Milne hopes to have a mortgage on the new stadium less than the current debt, ie £15m.

Now, add the stadium build cost of £35m, how the hell are we going to raise £35m elsewhere to make up the shortfall? Say £20m max from the sale of Pittodrie, that still leaves £15m to find - add naming rights, the two new shareholders co-opted onto the board tonight said they would be buying shares, but surely not enough to leave us with only a £15m mortgage?

Sounds like a non event

Stadium - usual shite. Project starting in April if the funding is in place. Ongoing process. The level of debt after the move to the Stadium and Training Centre to be the same or lower than current levels, with that debt being in the form of a long term mortgage. I guess the idea is a mortgage at a payable level (i.e slowly reducing) is favourable to the situation we are in now with the debt increasing year on year.

Safe standing area is something the club have been in favour of (and think the local Police will be favourable to) and now the SPL has giving this green light they will consult with fans in these roadshows and regular fans meetings as to the logistics i.e how many seat are sacrificed to standing areas, home fans only or away too etc. This was mentioned in relation to the new stadium and not Pittodrie.

Number of youth changes being discussed at national level. Under 19 league may be replace with an U20 or U21 league with the option to play a number of overage players. The intention there is players who reach 20 who aren't quite ready for first team action still need somewhere to develop. Currently they either sit with nowhere to play and don't develop or even get released at 19. U19 season may be increased from 22 games to 33 and be held in the first team stadia instead of at places like Balgownie.

Fraser Fyvie only player this season to be fined. Brown mentioned all other reds players were just following instructions. Pawlett was told to not allow the fullbacks to get an easy clearance up the line and was trying to block. Jack was going for the ball v Inverness and wasnt fined for the Parkhead overcelebration. He seemed most annoied with Considines red card. Little and Miller seemed to take exception to a tackle by a Hibs centre back later in the game which only got a yellow.

Brown encourages the players to not appeal for decisions and not get involved in discussions with the ref but feels we are being seen as soft instead of fair. Had discussion with referees official today regarding this (I assume when discussing the Pawlett appeal)

Football budget kept at same level (and apparently stretched further) even though loss of tv money means income is lower. The 2.5m loan from AAM and SMG is to meet the shortfall there. Brown defended the budget and held his hand up for complaints to be directed towards him instead in that area.

The AGM should primarily be about the aspects of the finance and governance of the club - not about U19 leagues and red cards!! This sort of talk should be banned, but I suspect the Board are only too happy to fend of those simple questions, rather than leading ones about debt and their apparent inability to run the club in a coherent manner!

Does nobody else bar Rocket who goes to this thing ever see fit to put any tough questions to the board?

Disappointed nobody saw fit to ask why the sizes of the adidas strips are all to fuck, why the steak pies are always cold or go for the clincher and ask Miller why he canna fry fish.

Come on to fuck.

And why the fuck is there no pepper sachet's in the south stand to accompany my bovril?

I find it very telling that there is absolutely no advert for tonight's AGM, on the official AFC website. Not even the slightest reference. Wonder why eh?

I was planning to go but family matters take precedence.

if anyone attending can post details here, I'd be very much appreciated.

I specifically want to know what will happen should we not reach the desired valuation of Pittodrie, or worst case, no one actually raises a bid.

Additionally, what conditions apply to the extension of the lending facilities to Feb 2012.

Why would there be? All shareholders will have had their invite.

The AGM should primarily be about the aspects of the finance and governance of the club - not about U19 leagues and red cards!! This sort of talk should be banned, but I suspect the Board are only too happy to fend of those simple questions, rather than leading ones about debt and their apparent inability to run the club in a coherent manner!

Exactly, and unfortunately that is the sort of rubbish you get when the general public - sorry fans - get to have their say.

Why would there be? All shareholders will have had their invite.

Why wouldn't there be is more the pertinent question.

You don't think the club's AGM is newsworthy enough to make their own website? The only reason for keeping it off is that old adage, out of sight, out of mind. I misplaced my annual accounts and with it, the AGM invite and proxy. I didn't know what date it was, let alone the time.

Does nobody else bar Rocket who goes to this thing ever see fit to put any tough questions to the board?

Disappointed nobody saw fit to ask why the sizes of the adidas strips are all to fuck, why the steak pies are always cold or go for the clincher and ask Miller why he canna fry fish.

Come on to fuck.

Haha.

Seriously though, if I had gone, I'd certainly have asked about the conditions applied to the lending facilities. Bet no one asked that tonight.

Ach well, who cares hey. So long as our Chairman gets an easy ride as possible and we get to find out how much the players are fined for leaving the toilet seat down whilst having a pish, that's all that matters.

Haha.

Seriously though, if I had gone, I'd certainly have asked about the conditions applied to the lending facilities. Bet no one asked that tonight.

Ach well, who cares hey. So long as our Chairman gets an easy ride as possible and we get to find out how much the players are fined for leaving the toilet seat down whilst having a pish, that's all that matters.

If you knew you weren't going to be there could you not of got someone to ask questions on your behalf?

If you knew you weren't going to be there could you not of got someone to ask questions on your behalf?

No one would like to ask my sort of questions, certainly not in the way I would word them. That big bloke that stands on the door of the Main Stand on matchdays would end up kneecapping you!

Not to worry, there's always the next AGM..... if we're still a going concern come Dec 2012 that is!

Heard Milne being interviewed on the radio - probably last night after the AGM. The overbaring feeling you get is that he's either completely oblivious to the risk that we are taking, or he just doesn't have much of a clue as to whether this whole thing is going to work or not. He mentioned taking stock of everything come Feb 12 before we 'pull the trigger'. I tell you what, I wish someone would pull the tirgger on his reign of terror on AFC!!!

Heard Milne being interviewed on the radio - probably last night after the AGM. The overbaring feeling you get is that he's either completely oblivious to the risk that we are taking, or he just doesn't have much of a clue as to whether this whole thing is going to work or not. He mentioned taking stock of everything come Feb 12 before we 'pull the trigger'. I tell you what, I wish someone would pull the tirgger on his reign of terror on AFC!!!

The taking stock line had me a bit worried when I heard it. 4/5 of the funding is in line though it seems to get the remainder is the difficulty-he might just have to face up to ploughing in more interest free cash.

And, so be it if thats the case Milney.

I wish I could have made it – I would be one of those who would ask the difficult questions.

I am still struggling to fully appreciate that Aberdeen will be in a better position once we move to the new stadium.

Yes its will reduce yearly stadium maintenance costs compared to Pitters, yes it will be a new and exciting stadium with training facilities but..........

Think the new stadiums too big anyways.

Think we should be looking at 15000 and try to generate a bit of atmosphere.

If we can only get 7000 on a saturday afternoon in the city center what are we going to get out at cove!

Agreed. The days of Pittodrie getting 20,000+ regularly are long gone. Why not look into a temporary seating system where we could extend beyond 15,000 if the occasion demanded it?

Think the new stadiums too big anyways.

Think we should be looking at 15000 and try to generate a bit of atmosphere.

If we can only get 7000 on a saturday afternoon in the city center what are we going to get out at cove!

That was a record low...If the team can get it's act together over the rest of the season and kick on from that next season we could be seeing crowds of 14-15k rising to 18k+ for OF games.

Stadium size is not the problem (I honestly doubt if the price would reduce dramatically) it's how the fu*k are we going to afford it