Boxing Day Epl Matches In Call-Off Danger

Arsenal will decide within 48 hours whether to delay their Boxing Day match with Wolves to 27 December because of a proposed tube strike.

Trade union Aslef has announced industrial action that could disrupt the London underground system.

A club spokesman told BBC Sport: "Arsenal are considering postponement to 27 December as one of the options."

Chelsea say they are monitoring the situation ahead of their Boxing Day derby against Fulham.

Arsenal are wary of the travel disruption a strike could cause to the 60,000 fans who have tickets to their 1500 GMT kick-off, and their 1,000 matchday employees.

Drivers have planned a 24-hour walkout on Boxing Day and on three other days over the next two months.

A statement on Arsenal's website read: "We would like to make all supporters aware of the situation surrounding our proposed home match against Wolves on Monday, 26 December.

"The club is fully aware of the proposed industrial action on London Underground on Monday, 26 December.

"We are closely monitoring the situation, together with all the relevant agencies, including the Metropolitan Police, Transport for London, London Underground, the FA Premier League, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC and Islington Council.

"The paramount concern to Arsenal Football Club is the duty of care we have towards the Arsenal supporters, Wolverhampton Wanderers supporters, matchday employees and indeed everyone who is planning to attend this match."

Aslef's 2,200 members agreed to strike on Boxing Day, 16 January, 3 and 13 February in a ballot last week.

The decision is being challenged by London mayor Boris Johnson in the High Court and there is hope that an agreement can be reached to prevent the strike.

Chelsea's 1300 GMT meeting with Fulham could also be affected, as could Football League games being held at the homes of London clubs Watford, Millwall, Leyton Orient, Brentford, Dagenham & Redbridge and AFC Wimbledon.

One thing i don't understand is how the Chelsea v.s Fulham game is in doubt, i mean they're grounds are literally a stones throw away from each other are they not? :confused: Or is it a case of the "Chelsea fans from outside of London" struggling to get there ;)

They are 2 miles apart.

Either you watch too much of that "The Only Way Is Essex" shite (boy I know told me that they use the word literally all the time on that programme, hence why it has become the most bastardised word I can think of) or you have superhuman arm strength, caused by furious masturbation.

Which is it?

They are 2 miles apart.

Either you watch too much of that "The Only Way Is Essex" shite (boy I know told me that they use the word literally all the time on that programme, hence why it has become the most bastardised word I can think of) or you have superhuman arm strength, caused by furious masturbation.

Which is it?

Seriously 2 miles apart? Honestly never thought they were that distance away from each other. Could still walk it though :laughing: