The Hobbit

Ke1t

:thumbs:

Can't wait for this film.

So looking forward to it and reading the book just now.

I recommend the BBC's dramatised version of The hobbit. Excellent version of the original, and it saves all that reading. Available online from various *ahem* sources... and even on Youtube.

The Hobbit: Part One

There's also a straightforward audio version on Youtube, which is pretty decent too

Hobbit Audiobook

There's yet another version, which is dramatised with narration, and that's the best version I've heard so far.... can't see it online, can't even find it on my HD any more :cry:

:thumbs:

Can't wait for this film.

So looking forward to it and reading the book just now.

Looks fooking brilliant! It's in two parts though, think they are releasing the second part in Dec 2013.

If you go to Peter Jacksons facebook he posts production videos from the set with some interesting clips.

Edit.

Ah shit they have been taken off facebook but you can still get them on youtube, seemingly filming in 3D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSUILKxW3w

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My favourite childhood book....

Fucking hated it, was a forced read in English, and one of the few books that took me weeks to get through, such was the boredom of it. Mannie Morrice to blame for that, picked some boring cuntsa things to read, hated me as well the weegie bastrd, just cos he couldna say my surname right.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hated it, was a forced read in English, and one of the few books that took me weeks to get through, such was the boredom of it. Mannie Morrice to blame for that, picked some boring cuntsa things to read, hated me as well the weegie bastrd, just cos he couldna say my surname right.

Your Mannie Morris sounds like a good sort. Would have loved to get The Hobbit or LotR in English.

Instead, the book that really sticks out for me was, 'Of Mice and Men'.

A book about a couple of drifters, one of whom is a massive retard, who at some point plan to grow grass and maybe do something with rabbits. That's the plan.

Not to throw any spoilers out there, but I will, the massive retard gets nabbed for Savileing some kid, and the grass-growing business plan goes oot the windeh,

Absolute keech of a book.

In fact I think one of my exams was heavily OMaM-oriented, and so fucking bored was I by the book that I completely forgot the names of the protagonists. All I could think of was Hoppy Go Lucky where the two cats played the roles of... Lennie and George or whatever their names were... and the baby kangaroo kept kicking fuck oot them. I think my answers were heavily influenced by the cartoon inna.

I think that Cartoon actually helped me manage a C. Without it I'd have been fucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sj8kpto7bA

Hobbit would have been like just handing oot A's.

• Downvote 1

You need to be really wary of folk who are into Dungeons and Dragons and all that pish.

Is there still one of those geek stores just up fae the St Nicholas Centre?

Go past there on a Saturday and you'll see the likes of Kelt up to their eyeballs in faux-sorcery.

Fat, acne, neck beard, greasy ponytail barnet?

That's what they all look like.