Sports Personality Of The Year 2011 Is.....................

OddJob

.......................................Mark Cavendish

Tbh i think that's a bit ridiculous. Was convinced it would have been either Darren Clarke or Luke Donald. His acceptance speech - even taking into consideration his supposed shock at winning - was excruciating

tbh I think that's absolutely the correct decision. How on earth could you think otherwise? Do you understand what he's achieved at all?

.......................................Mark Cavendish

Tbh i think that's a bit ridiculous. Was convinced it would have been either Darren Clarke or Luke Donald. His acceptance speech - even taking into consideration his supposed shock at winning - was excruciating

Cavendish is an incredible sprinter in cycling and has an amazing amount of stage wins at the Tour de France.

No.

Also just realised the England cricket team won Team of the Year and the coach won Coach of the Year too. Horrible sport.

Well there you go, don't comment on something you are so ignorant about.

The golf vote was obviously split, but even as an avid golfer, Cav's achievements outdo Donald's imo, simply because while he may have achieved a unique feat in the double money list win, that is only possible in recent times due to the large number of co-sanctioned events.

So it's not something that was doable in Jack's era for example, and the guy has still to win a major. Lyle won two, including the first Brit to win the Masters, that wasn;t good enough to win SPOTY, don't think Donald outranks him.

1 Cavendish 169,152 (49.47%) 2 Clarke 42,188 (12.34) 3 Farah 29,780 (8.71) 4 Donald 23,854 (6.98) 5 Murray 18,754 6 Strauss 17,994 7 Cook 13,038 8 McIlroy 11,915 9 Greene 9,022 10 Khan 6,262

Two things there.

1. What an overwhelming result - as it should have been

2. What a pathetic amount of votes from q country that is sports daft.