The Traditional 'christmas Fight'

Ke1t

Trying to get shit done for the family coming over... she's in the kitchen I'm trying to clean. Every ten seconds.. "Can you help me with this? Can you help me with that? Can you look for them?"

Result being I'm getting fuck all done because she can't do anything for herself... and she's wondering why I'm getting pissed off. She starts crying, the usual female ploy, obviously forgetting that I'm immune to feigned emotional distress, and instead she's told to buck the fuck up and stop acting like a 5 year old.

Currently, after a magic screaming match, I'm doing the mature and adult thing and have stopped doing anything at all, and am sitting fucking around on the internets :)

Her folks will be here in an hour and fuck all's done :cheers:

How's you Jesusmas going?

have to back you up on this one ke1t, they should be able to take you as they find you. trying to clean up to impress your folks is bollox.

my xmas has been crap anyway, my son was working, daughter at her mums, so i grabbed the fishing rods and went to south coast. will be up north for new year though.

Just completed oors.

Have had meh parents here for near on a week, and generally speaking it's gone ok.

But, suddenly, without provocation, other than being of the female persuasion, Mrs Byen went off on one big style shouting at the kids and giving me a moothful, and no the good kind. Seems me and my parents dared to chat while the bairns were annoying her.

Still simmering tension in the hoose at the moment, so like Kelt, eh've retired to the interweb.

If Christmas coincides with your bit of stuff's bad week, look out, it becomes bad, mad, and sad week rolled into one, emotions are running high.

I'm sceptical about bad weeks, to me it's just women seeking carte blanche to girn like fuck, officially, for one week in four.

Get a grip is my message to hatchet faced menstruating women, man haters, it's not our fault FFS.

Never trust a creature that can bleed for a week and not die is my motto.

mrs breeks casts up stuff from yonks ago, or she makes it up, to try and take advantage of my good nature. i'm such a sap, i always back down and she usually gets her own way unless she's talking shite and she knows it.

In my experience, bringing up stuff fae way back when is purely the preserve of the burd. If eh try the same, eh'm apparently changing the subject and being a bastard.

Nae arguments whatsoever until boxing night at 3am! The missus as usual buys heels that are obviously 2 high for her so I spend from the 22nd running after her hole in pubs n clubs as she can hardly walk! So on leaving the night club she then advises that she left her jacket and scarf in clock room and will I go back in to get them!

As i was blazing p1ssed off Nespa came into effect and she is politely told to do one and go get them herself! An argument kicks off, nothing wild like but then some random local ned says something to me so I go for him! Nothing really happens as it

I had a huge argument on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Thank fuck it's all done with now.

Only New Year to get out the road, which is just embarrassing with all that Scottish music and pish, I'll be fast asleep as usual at midnight, fuck celebrating a meaningless event and shaking people you dinna like by the hand, shake them by the throat more like.

Nae arguments whatsoever until boxing night at 3am! The missus as usual buys heels that are obviously 2 high for her so I spend from the 22nd running after her hole in pubs n clubs as she can hardly walk! So on leaving the night club she then advises that she left her jacket and scarf in clock room and will I go back in to get them!

As i was blazing p1ssed off Nespa came into effect and she is politely told to do one and go get them herself! An argument kicks off, nothing wild like but then some random local ned says something to me so I go for him! Nothing really happens as it

Aye, they jump onto that emotional rollercoaster both feet first.

In fact a lot of males come away with it themselves these days, 'in touch with their feelings' they call it. I call it pathetic.

I'm a-emotional, I don't feel any emotions, ever.

I had a huge argument on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Thank fuck it's all done with now.

Only New Year to get out the road, which is just embarrassing with all that Scottish music and pish, I'll be fast asleep as usual at midnight, fuck celebrating a meaningless event and shaking people you dinna like by the hand, shake them by the throat more like.

:itch-chin::liar:

In 9 cases out of 10 females crying should be ignored, it's just learnt and reinforced behaviour from childhood.

Unfortunately in 99 cases out of 100 men respond wrongly.

i don't cry to get my way.

but somewhere in my 30s, i figured out i could get snippy if i was trying to get lots done with a lack of sleep. and then it dawned on me that if it were only me that seemingly felt like i wanted to stick someone's head through a wall, it probably had little if anything to do with anyone else, and was just me.

so i learned to remove myself -- from the room if i felt that way. go have a smoke, shovel the drive, do something in another room, take a hot shower, or just go to sleep. almost anything works. some things work particularly well. :sheepdance: snapping at someone doesn't. i come back to what i was doing when my mood has passed.

wisdom with age :P

these things sort themselves out over time.