Dons Open Contract Talks

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrows headline will be "Mackie signs new deal at Dons" sub heading "striker promises to fire dons up the league"

LOL - over the years he's been in the papers saying he's the man to score goals for Aberdeen.....probably more times saying it than he's actually scored I'd say.

Punt him....along with Magennis & McArdle.

And I cant see Arnason or Osbourne re-signing......the Championship beckons for them.

Vernon? A club in League 1 maybe.

Cant see any of the 3 re-signing unfortunately.

Considine - I can see him re-signing.

That's part of our problem - every year we have a major rebuilding job because we can only get players to sign 1 year contracts.

Be surprised if any of those 3 re-sign any time soon, most likely they will wait till the summer and see what other clubs, if any are interested.

Club should have a deadline date for players to resign, or the offer to be withdrawn.

But we all know how this works out, 6 months of reports of contract discussions going well, then they fuck off down south and we have to identify and source new players.

Arnason knows the grass is not always greener on the other side so he will simply be after the security of a 2-3 year deal on decent terms and he will sign for certain.

Hope you're right this time but there's no way that I could feel so confident as far as Arnason goes. Too many interested in him & they can all offer more than us (unless we offer up Captaincy)

Hope you're right this time but there's no way that I could feel so confident as far as Arnason goes. Too many interested in him & they can all offer more than us (unless we offer up Captaincy)

Remember he's been at clubs who offer the earth and deliver nothing.

At least he's guaranteed a wage here.

Remember he's been at clubs who offer the earth and deliver nothing.

At least he's guaranteed a wage here.

Well if I was a neutral (like Arnason) then Aberdeen would not be my first choice & I certainly wouldn't decide that I'd stick with them just cos they will pay me cos I'd be pretty sure that the other clubs interested will pay also & more

Well if I was a neutral (like Arnason) then Aberdeen would not be my first choice & I certainly wouldn't decide that I'd stick with them just cos they will pay me cos I'd be pretty sure that the other clubs interested will pay also & more

I'm sure he thought that with Hearts and Plymouth too, grass is not always greener.

Mackie signs new Aberdeen contract

heraldscotland staff

Aberdeen striker Darren Mackie has signed a three-year contract extension the Pittodrie club announced today.

Aberdeen striker Darren Mackie has signed a three-year contract extension the Pittodrie club announced today.

The deal will keep him at Aberdeen until June 2015.

The Inverurie-born striker has netted 59 times for Aberdeen since making his debut against Dundee in August 1999.

>http://www.heraldscotland.com/mackie-signs-new-aberdeen-contract-1.902254<

A couple of months ago I was probably Isaac Osbournes biggest fan, but I'm starting to doubt if he is a sensible player for us to have. His role is obviously as the ball winner which is fine, but he isn't really up to much going forward. I don't think we're good enough anywhere else, especially on the wings, to compensate for having such a limited footballer in centre mid. We've been creating very little chances this season and we may be better served by more of a playmaker in the middle with Arnason. I do rate him as tough tackling midfielder, but he is perhaps a luxury we could forgo in the interests of bolstering the attack. He is probably a high earner too so letting him go would likely free up a sizable wage.

Hope Vernon, Arnason and Considine stay. I'm confident Vernon and Considine will, more just hoping with Arnason. Would love to see him instated as captain but can't see how it could be done without it causing some grief in the squad, especially in the middle of the season.

Hope Vernon, Arnason and Considine stay. I'm confident Vernon and Considine will, more just hoping with Arnason. Would love to see him instated as captain but can't see how it could be done without it causing some grief in the squad, especially in the middle of the season.

Agree about Arnason - don't see the problem about making him captain - anyone with one (let alone two) working eyes can see that Ricky isn't a captain worthy of the name. Build it into a contract offer and if Ricky takes the hump and goes and buys a game at the huns then we are probably considerably better off given the points he's already cost us this season.

Agree about Arnason - don't see the problem about making him captain - anyone with one (let alone two) working eyes can see that Ricky isn't a captain worthy of the name. Build it into a contract offer and if Ricky takes the hump and goes and buys a game at the huns then we are probably considerably better off given the points he's already cost us this season.

Why do folk think making Arnason the offer of being captain will entice him to stay?

Arnason and Osbourne are probably as effective a midfield parternship as we've seen since the days we could spend 250k odd on Nicholson, however I think Arnason and Milsom complemented by proper wingers with Fyvie as backup would be more than decent.

Letting Ozzy go to get width in is fine, letting Ozzy go to bring in another central midfielder isn't.

We'll probably still be messing around come June hoping folk will accept our final, final, final offer that's been withdrawn twice before.

Agreed Bri it's bound to happen, always does :(

Fuck off, stop accepting mediocre players. No wonder we're so pish

I wouldn't call Vernon pish at all! He is probably the best goal scorer we've had at the club since Lovell, but with a better attitude. If he can score as many as he has with no real quality whatsoever with him, I think he'd bang in the goals if we were playing well.

I'd be happy to have Ozzy stay on as RB as he can play there & has done in the past.

Not great but a lot better than we've had there since Hart (on form).

Jack & Pawlett can fight it out for RM slot (good bit of healthy competition there) get in some decent attacking mids/wide men as well to strengthen that competition further.

Bin Foster for anything we can get & get in a decent LB in replacement & punt Fallon cos from what I see there, he's pish & we could get in a good loanee instead.

Brown better get busy this window cos he failed big time in Summer (as a whole) except for Arnason & maybe Ozzy.