Clangers

Aye, got all excited and tuned in only to find a Hunfest, Doddsy, Prick Young and Craig Moore.

Aye turned on and hear Rangers and Celtic wanting to sign Sandaza. What to warm the bench? Will never get a start for either of them when everyone fit and classic Old Firm 'lets sign a player to weaken the others' tactic, if true.

Would imagine Clangers will be on in last 10 minutes of programme.

Clangers is one of the luckiest guys around. To go from no2 at every club he'd been at to no1 at Aberdeen he must have been like a lottery win. Not good enough and his contract should be allowed to run down. Terrible illness aside the club can not allow sentiment to stand in the way of progress, something we will be seriously hampered in achieving if his contract us renewed.

Nice touch giving his gloves into the crowd after his warm up at Tannadice though.

Clangers is one of the luckiest guys around. To go from no2 at every club he'd been at to no1 at Aberdeen he must have been like a lottery win. Not good enough and his contract should be allowed to run down. Terrible illness aside the club can not allow sentiment to stand in the way of progress, something we will be seriously hampered in achieving if his contract us renewed.

Nice touch giving his gloves into the crowd after his warm up at Tannadice though.

Agree on the sentiment issue.

I can't imagine Fergie being overly sentimental. Just ask Jim Leighton who worked with him for how many years how sentimental Fergie is when it comes to dealing with players.

If a better player comes along then I wouldn't care if Clangers had just recovered from ten different kinds of cancer... he'd be gone.

In the absence of a better option, however, I can live with Langfield between the sticks.

Some of Brown's play on Sat (going by highlights) was bordering on the comical...We may need to look at a keeper (possibly loan) in the window...

I agree it wasn't one of his better games, but apparently he wasn't well, possibly had flu or something. I wouldn't write him off yet.

We could always us Magennis as a stand-in keeper. Anyway, we have a superb goal keeping coach, don't we?

Some of Brown's play on Sat (going by highlights) was bordering on the comical...We may need to look at a keeper (possibly loan) in the window...

No it wasn't. He had a couple of hairy moments. The one where it bounced of his chest in the first few minutes and one in the second half where he spilled it under pressure from Daly. He didn't cover himself in any glory for their goal, where he punched it up instead of out but that happens from time to time to 'keepers the world over. The defending in front of him at times was more comical, especially when he mistimed his punch for the goal. Has his performances in the half dozen or so games post St Mirren, where he has been pretty fucking good to be honest, instantly forgotten?

No it wasn't. He had a couple of hairy moments. The one where it bounced of his chest in the first few minutes and one in the second half where he spilled it under pressure from Daly. He didn't cover himself in any glory for their goal, where he punched it up instead of out but that happens from time to time to 'keepers the world over. The defending in front of him at times was more comical, especially when he mistimed his punch for the goal. Has his performances in the half dozen or so games post St Mirren, where he has been pretty fucking good to be honest, instantly forgotten?

And the Considine "miss-comunication" back pass...which was inches away from staring in "Razor Ruddock's 2012 Soccer Bloopers"

I think this is being over generous to him on this one incident cos he punched a ball that was far easier to catch, I'm not the biggest fan of this type of keeping where it seems to more & more the preferred option but I understand it being used in certain situations (mostly under greater pressure from all sides & against bigger lads) but NOT however on this occasion as he had plenty room to catch it even into his bloody chest if he'd wanted.

I think this is being over generous to him on this one incident cos he punched a ball that was far easier to catch, I'm not the biggest fan of this type of keeping where it seems to more & more the preferred option but I understand it being used in certain situations (mostly under greater pressure from all sides & against bigger lads) but NOT however on this occasion as he had plenty room to catch it even into his bloody chest if he'd wanted.

Correct - he's looked really dodgy since coming into h team IMHO. Hes still overweight six months after joining and is far far too slow off his line - (I said this after the St Johnstone game as well which was easily his best game for us.)

Clangers isn't great by any means, but i suspect that like with Stuart Nelson before, some folk are willing to settle for any other cunt instead of him.

And the Considine "miss-comunication" back pass...which was inches away from staring in "Razor Ruddock's 2012 Soccer Bloopers"

Nae sure how you can blame Brown for that for as you say it was miscommunication. I'd have to watch it again but I'm fairly certain it wasn't Brown who passed the ball back towards an empty goal.

Correct - he's looked really dodgy since coming into h team IMHO. Hes still overweight six months after joining and is far far too slow off his line - (I said this after the St Johnstone game as well which was easily his best game for us.)

Clangers isn't great by any means, but i suspect that like with Stuart Nelson before, some folk are willing to settle for any other cunt instead of him.

Why are folk willing to settle for Clangers because, in their opinion, other suitors are even shitter? That, by definition, means Langfield is also shite. Not acceptable.

I'm not saying Brown is a long term replacement, but I've witnessed the best part of 7 years of Langfields error strewn goalkeeping and Brown has shown enough to be afforded an opportunity and not written off after a half dozen games.

• Site Sponsor

Why are folk willing to settle for Clangers because, in their opinion, other suitors are even shitter? That, by definition, means Langfield is also shite. Not acceptable.

I'm not saying Brown is a long term replacement, but I've witnessed the best part of 7 years of Langfields error strewn goalkeeping and Brown has shown enough to be afforded an opportunity and not written off after a half dozen games.

Good post Ollie, well said.

Clangers is pish and when I saw him warming up at Tannadice when Broon took a wee knock, I thought "Oh tae Fuck".

While I am not convinced about Broon in goals, I'd rather him than Clangers.

Like others in the squad, Clangers has had his chance over several years and what he has proved is that he is a bottler.

Contract needs to be run down and simply not renewed.

• Site Sponsor

Spot on. Never good enough.

spot on. Brown has a chance right now but as far as I'm concerned its over for Langfield

Langfield is prone to a blunder but I'd say he is a very good SPL keeper. Better than Brown and Gonzalez and better than all other keepers that have been at Pittodrie at the same time as him. Would also say he's better than most of the other SPL keepers.

He definitely is a bottler though. We need someone else to play at Hampden or Tannadice!!

australia-beef-minced.jpg