National Lottery

Bobby Connor

My mum once made me put a line on for her and the ex used to do some numbers occasionally (which I have to admit I helped decide upon - birthdays and other superstitious shite).

Me - never once put so much as a single pound into it.

Over 15 years of never once entering the lottery that puts me a conservative £760 pound better off than everyone else (assuming I was only putting on one set of numbers and only entering one draw per week). Drinks are on me (not really you idiots!). :hysterical::spanner:

I won £3.2m in the lottery so am therefore £3,199,240 better off than you :swear:

Aye, but did ya really? :itch-chin:

I'm away to dig a hole in the communal area at the back of my flat. Reckon I have at least a 14 million to 1 chance of stumbling upon 1 million in either cash or cocaine and it won't have cost me a single penny.

The real irony will be if I get struck by lightning twice and twatted by a meteorite on the way down the back steps.

Aye, but did ya really? :itch-chin:

I'm away to dig a hole in the communal area at the back of my flat. Reckon I have at least a 14 million to 1 chance of stumbling upon 1 million in either cash or cocaine and it won't have cost me a single penny.

The real irony will be if I get struck by lightening twice and twatted by a meteorite on the way down the back steps.

No :(

I hardly ever buy a ticket, but very time i do I'm convinced i'm going to win it :laughing:

You've gotta be in it to win it.

That's what The Sun used to say... "You've gotta be in it to in it."

They also used to say "Darkies" when referring to blacks, "Fairies" any time they mentioned gays and "Jocks" any time a story about Scotland came up.

Oh, and PHwoooooaaaaar! This is Tess, 16, from London showing her tits for the first time. We're putting this picture on page three so 50 year old truckers can have a wank in a layby during their mandatory 15 minute break a week. "

"PHWOOOAR!"

That's what they used to say.

And, "You've gotta be in it to win it,"

I really don't like The Sun, truth be told.

Thanks for that Kelt. Couldn't agree or disagree more or less.

Admittedly an unrelated and unsolicited slam on The Sun, but that's Kelt tonight. Little jaded having Hitchens die then seeing all those GOP candidates alive and well.

Fucking nutters to a man and woman.

You've gotta be in it to win it.

That's what The Sun used to say... "You've gotta be in it to in it."

They also used to say "Darkies" when referring to blacks, "Fairies" any time they mentioned gays and "Jocks" any time a story about Scotland came up.

Oh, and PHwoooooaaaaar! This is Tess, 16, from London showing her tits for the first time. We're putting this picture on page three so 50 year old truckers can have a wank in a layby during their mandatory 15 minute break a week. "

"PHWOOOAR!"

That's what they used to say.

And, "You've gotta be in it to win it,"

I really don't like The Sun, truth be told.

I think you'll find it's your Soaraway Sun

It is the 'possibilities' that a winning ticket offers that makes it so tempting. How many of you have never cherished the thought of telling your Boss to 'take his job and STUFF it' ?

A winning ticket , unlikely tho' it is , offers the slender hope of a life away from drudgery or away from the beck and call of others , mebbe even a life where YOU call the shots.

It's not difficult to see the appeal and the clincher is that even if you win fuck all , the money is going to a good cause somewhere.

I may pack it in when I retire tho'.

• 4 years later...

It's a shambles. It seems Camelot have cottoned on to the fact that sales increase significantly when the jackpot goes in to 10s of millions. I don't get this really, why someone isn't interested at winning £2m but buys loads of tickets when it is £50m. So make it harder to win and jackpots rollover to stupid amounts.

Anything for 5 numbers and the bonus down should be fixed prizes, with the jackpot adjusted by the amount the total of the fixed prizes come to.

It is ridiculous that a gambling company can allow a situation where the prizes don't align with the odds of the eventuality occurring. 28x as many people got 3 numbers on Wednesday as those that got 5 numbers.

• Downvote 1

It's a shambles. It seems Camelot have cottoned on to the fact that sales increase significantly when the jackpot goes in to 10s of millions. I don't get this really, why someone isn't interested at winning £2m but buys loads of tickets when it is £50m. So make it harder to win and jackpots rollover to stupid amounts.

Anything for 5 numbers and the bonus down should be fixed prizes, with the jackpot adjusted by the amount the total of the fixed prizes come to.

It is ridiculous that a gambling company can allow a situation where the prizes don't align with the odds of the eventuality occurring. 28x as many people got 3 numbers on Wednesday as those that got 5 numbers.

So if I understand you. You would prefer that more folk bought more tickets when it is for a lesser amount so as to reduce your chances of winning that also?

Tbf though, you do notice it is always the ones that "I just bought a LD cos it was so high but I don't normally play the lottery" that win the big jackpots. Usually work shy cunts that are sponging all their lives, like that couple of fat weegie cunts that won over a hundred mil a few years ago. :laughing:

It's like any other form of gambling though. No point getting angry man about not winning. Odds being shite etc.

Should not be a profit making scam though. Fair enough covering costs & helping charity etc. but that's it.

Also just do extra raffles rather than roll overs but then they wouldn't do that because it is all about making loads of profit & higher jackpots produce more players/sales = more profits.

If they were forced to do it as just covering costs it would be better all around for joe public.

Richard Branson wanted to run it from the begining & as a non profit making thing but got denied for camelot. Just shows that there are palms being greased.

If someone started a non profit making lottery to rival camelot I am sure folk would soon start buy them over camelot.

£1m (maybe £2M) max jackpot but more winners & knowing that the ones running it aren't making a fortune from it would get my cash over those that currently run it.

But I guess as palms are being greased that the government would not grant approval for that.

NS&I is decent (premium bonds) save you cash & have it entered in draws every month. You win fairly often with the smaller amounts & it makes pretty much what you would make in interest (especially with current interest rates) over each year.

Chance of winning varying amounts up to £1m every month & your savings are safe. Plus they have increased the amount you can hold from £30k up to £50k

If someone started a non profit making lottery to rival camelot I am sure folk would soon start buy them over camelot.

£1m (maybe £2M) max jackpot but more winners & knowing that the ones running it aren't making a fortune from it would get my cash over those that currently run it.

But I guess as palms are being greased that the government would not grant approval for that.

NS&I is decent (premium bonds) save you cash & have it entered in draws every month. You win fairly often with the smaller amounts & it makes pretty much what you would make in interest (especially with current interest rates) over each year.

Chance of winning varying amounts up to £1m every month & your savings are safe. Plus they have increased the amount you can hold from £30k up to £50k

There is that already with the "Health Lottery"

There is that already with the "Health Lottery"

Is that non profit making?

Good to know. They don't advertise enough to get folk to switch.

I will now be playing that rather than regular lottery.

Just always felt it would be wrong of me to play the "health" lottery. Somehow didn't think I ticked all the boxes.

Is that non profit making?

Good to know. They don't advertise enough to get folk to switch.

I will now be playing that rather than regular lottery.

Just always felt it would be wrong of me to play the "health" lottery. Somehow didn't think I ticked all the boxes.

I believe it is non profit.

Just had a read up on it. Sounds like a great wee thing.

• 2 months later...

444887-a-family-from-bo-ness-have-won-th

A family from Bo'ness is being hailed as one of Scotland's luckiest families after a third big lottery win.

Peter, 90, and Mary Fry, 86, along with their three daughters, Margaret, 64, Janet, 59, and Isobel, 57, have become Scotland's newest millionaires after their syndicate won the Lotto Millionaire Raffle.
The family play together and were amazed when they scooped one of two £1m prizes on May 18 continuing a family run of lottery luck.
Their daughter Margaret won £20,000 last year and Peter's cousin Annette Brown, 82, was the UK's 2500th National Lottery millionaire after winning a £1,151,496 share of the Lotto jackpot in October 2010.

bastards