Moaning Bastard Neighbours

fine-n-dandy

Basically my combi boiler went a few months ago & had to be replaced.

Happened a couple of days before I went Offshore, so had to be sorted quick smart, basically on my last day home.

I live in a 1st floor flat with one nice old lady below me & a middle aged couple in the flat above.

The boy comes to fit the boiler & basically it's a new type (to the one I had) & has to have a discharge pipe, so I had three options for this discharge pipe.

Options

1. was to come out through wall & run straight down into a small bucket sized filter in the downstairs neighbour's garden that then allows the water to soak away into soil.

Now fair enough the downstairs neighbour wasn't to keen on digging her garden, so I was happy enough go with another option

2.was an outlet pipe (inch & half) running along the wall under my windows & into the down pipe.

3. was the outlet pipe running along inside my living room & then out & into the down pipe.

I didn't really fancy having it running along in my sitting room so went for option (2.) & the downstairs neighbour was fine with that & in fact said a dinny care about a pipe running along on the wall.

There was nobody home upstairs so couldn't consult them & I just went ahead with option (2)

Now there's also a small steam vent that comes out (half inch) that just sticks out straight from my boiler by about 3 or 4 inches.

So basically had the upstairs couple at my door last night complaining about the pipe running along my wall saying it's unsightly :dontknow:

& that the steam that comes out the vent when it's running is drifting past there window sometimes & that they have the old wooden sash windows & are worried it'll damage them.

We all own the properties & I'm just wondering if I can be forced to now shift this pipe inside my flat & worse still change the boiler now cos of a wee bit of fkn steam from the vent.

Anyone clued up on this type of thing.

They're a pair of twonks. a Kiwi burd & pikey boyfriend basically hippy types.

You shouldn't have done it without permission.

Neighbours are cunts, especially ones who don't consider the folk they live beside.

I want to live in a lighthouse.

Bollocks I shouldn't I was only going to ask out of respect but they weren't in.

You don't need permission to put up a satellite dish so why should I need it for an inch & half pipe running along my wall?

Seen as I don't think you read it:

• DESCRIPTIONS OF BUILDING AND WORK, INCLUDING THE PROVISION OF SERVICES, FITTINGS AND EQUIPMENT, NOT REQUIRING A WARRANT

A. On condition that types 1-23 in all respects and/or in the manner of their fitting meet any relevant requirement of the regulations.

6. Any work associated with a fixed combustion appliance installation or other part of a heating installation not being work of types 7 or 8 below. Except-Any work associated with a solid fuel appliance having an output rating more than 50kW, an oil-firing appliance with an output rating more than 45kW or a gas-fired appliance having a net input rating more than 70 kW. Any work associated with a chimney, flue pipe or hearth. An oil storage tank with a capacity of more than 90 litres, including any pipework connecting the tank to a combustion appliance providing space or water heating, or cooking facilities. Any work adversely affecting a separating wall.
  • 7. Any work associated with a balanced flue serving a room-sealed appliance. Except-Any work associated with a balanced flue which passes through combustible material.

8. Any work associated with pipework, radiators, convector heaters and thermostatic controls for, or associated with, type 6 above.

N.B. Dunno if that not needing a warrant covers all your bases but wave that at them and tell them to fuck off.

Seen as I don't think you read it:

N.B. Dunno if that not needing a warrant covers all your bases but wave that at them and tell them to fuck off.

:laughing: sorry yes I was reading it & thank you for the effort, much appreciated.

Wonder if she could cause me problems rgds the steam though & her precious prehistoric wooden shitty looking old windows that the hippy fkr'll no spend cash on & replace like every other fkr on the st has?

Could always run another pipe from it round the side of the flat & give her another pipe to moan about to stop the steam problem :itch-chin:

Basically my combi boiler went a few months ago & had to be replaced.

Happened a couple of days before I went Offshore, so had to be sorted quick smart, basically on my last day home.

I live in a 1st floor flat with one nice old lady below me & a middle aged couple in the flat above.

The boy comes to fit the boiler & basically it's a new type (to the one I had) & has to have a discharge pipe, so I had three options for this discharge pipe.

Options

1. was to come out through wall & run straight down into a small bucket sized filter in the downstairs neighbour's garden that then allows the water to soak away into soil.

Now fair enough the downstairs neighbour wasn't to keen on digging her garden, so I was happy enough go with another option

2.was an outlet pipe (inch & half) running along the wall under my windows & into the down pipe.

3. was the outlet pipe running along inside my living room & then out & into the down pipe.

I didn't really fancy having it running along in my sitting room so went for option (2.) & the downstairs neighbour was fine with that & in fact said a dinny care about a pipe running along on the wall.

There was nobody home upstairs so couldn't consult them & I just went ahead with option (2)

Now there's also a small steam vent that comes out (half inch) that just sticks out straight from my boiler by about 3 or 4 inches.

So basically had the upstairs couple at my door last night complaining about the pipe running along my wall saying it's unsightly :dontknow:

& that the steam that comes out the vent when it's running is drifting past there window sometimes & that they have the old wooden sash windows & are worried it'll damage them.

We all own the properties & I'm just wondering if I can be forced to now shift this pipe inside my flat & worse still change the boiler now cos of a wee bit of fkn steam from the vent.

Anyone clued up on this type of thing.

They're a pair of twonks. a Kiwi burd & pikey boyfriend basically hippy types.

Fuck me. Its a bit of steam ffs. Its nae like your having raving parties every night drugged up oot your nut. (if you are though id happily accept an invite)

Folk that moan about shit like that need to be taken out of society. Tell them to put up or shut up. Threaten a rattle to the boys puss. They expect you to live with nae boiler? Fuck that. Hippies are the worst. Shite on their doorstep. Let them know you take no prisoners.

Had Scottish gas out again to explain about the vent & that it's actually better for us & the environment than their own old boiler.

The Lassie (the owner) wasn't home but the jobless pikey boyfriend was so explained it to him (with the Scottish gas boy) & left it at that.

The Lassie has just been at the door again now saying that the main problem is the plastic water drainage pipe that comes off it & that it's really unsightly & that she cannot see any other houses (in Edinburgh) :hysterical: that have it.

I said that the only options were a pipe straight down, or across to the down pipe, or across the inside (in my sitting room) & out to the down pipe. If it was inside I'd either have had to move my radiator or lifted all along ma floor (fk that) & then she says "well could the boiler not be moved somewhere else, I mean how big is it?" Eh it's nae that big but you have the same style flat as me so you know how much hassle that'd be & I'd have to lift ALL my floors to re-route the pipes.

I basically told her (politely) to fkoff, I don't need a building warrant & I'd already offered to paint it the same colour as the down pipe (she doesn't think this is good enough) & she said she'll have to go away & think about it some more & see what our options are.

Well our options are fkn this biatch. I'll give it a wee lick of paint, or maybe al ask yer jobless pikey boyfriend to do it cos they're good at that eh, lick o paint eh, lick o paint.

Have a feeling I've not heard the last of this & this will be the start of a beautiful relationship.

Best of it is, a couple of years ago their fkn radiators burst & pished down into ma flat, fkn the deco in ma hall, kitchen & one of ma bedrooms & I was nice as fk to them (even though they didn't even offer ANY fkn help in any way about re-decorating.)

Cunts! :angry2:

I do the same with parking spaces. My house and another 4 around me, dont have a driveway, we have a designated parking space, included in our deeds so its our land. We are all very considerate of one another, I make sure my mates park out in the main street and walk into the cul de sac or park behind me and block me in, my neighbours are the same. Parking is limited. Anyway, some morons from the top of the street who have a driveway, decide not to use it and sometimes park in our spaces. Happened to me twice and both times ive just blocked them in, as close as i can get to their bumper so they cant get out. If I happen to be going offshore that day, tough shit, their car wont move for 2 weeks. Think they have taken the hint as it hasnt happened for a while.

'berto

i have a mate who in similar situation with folk parking in his space would glue a massive letter to their driver side window, telling them not to do it. apparently its was pretty strong glue taht was a bugger to get off.

i'd maye bo similar, or as you say double park tehm so they have to come looking for you to get out.

it could be genuine mistake, but it could be folk coming the cunt and taking liberties, which surprising amount of folk do.

A couple of winters ago i reversed out my driveway and ended up sliding back down the slight hill in my street and couldnt get back up cos of the snow. Had to edge into someones designated car parking space, like you get in Daz's street. Unfortunately i was going to Thailand the next day so it was left there for about two weeks. I am that dickhead neighbour!!

A couple of winters ago i reversed out my driveway and ended up sliding back down the slight hill in my street and couldnt get back up cos of the snow. Had to edge into someones designated car parking space, like you get in Daz's street. Unfortunately i was going to Thailand the next day so it was left there for about two weeks. I am that dickhead neighbour!!

If that was my space you'd have came back to nae windscreen and nae fuckin tyres u inconsiderate cunt.

Glad its nae just me moaning about spaces.

We have a row of 6 houses (12 spaces outside) and only 9 cars so never any problem

Some cunt is parking behind all the spaces meaning the 9 sensibles amongst us have to shunt back and forth to get in and out.

Guy next door is a bit of a nutter so will leave him to do the dirty work

Really fucking annoying though! Even worse when you have to live next to the cunts

Glad its nae just me moaning about spaces.

We have a row of 6 houses (12 spaces outside) and only 9 cars so never any problem

Some cunt is parking behind all the spaces meaning the 9 sensibles amongst us have to shunt back and forth to get in and out.

Guy next door is a bit of a nutter so will leave him to do the dirty work

Really fucking annoying though! Even worse when you have to live next to the cunts

what as in just in the middle of the road?

One car I actually put a letter on his car and he's never parked in the space again.

He's a decent bloke though, spoken to him a few times in the mornings since, so he hasn't taken any offence to it.

Some of the people who've received letters still continue to do it, fucking tubes.

It was the wheely bin situation that worked me up the most, and that was when I finally cracked, absolute morons.

if they have been warned then its fair game to double park them.

its not overly aggressive, its not damaging or nasty, but it will force them to seek you out. then you can tell them why.

One car I actually put a letter on his car and he's never parked in the space again.

He's a decent bloke though, spoken to him a few times in the mornings since, so he hasn't taken any offence to it.

Some of the people who've received letters still continue to do it, fucking tubes.

It was the wheely bin situation that worked me up the most, and that was when I finally cracked, absolute morons.

fucking wheelie bin wars does my tits in.

I live in a block of 26 flats - all of which seem to use mine instead of their own.

I on occasion have had to use another flats bin as well as my own ( the rubbish hadnt been picked up the previous week due to snow), but in return took that bin out onto the street for the binmen along with my own. Thats only fair. Anyway, I came home to find the fuckers had taken their bin back in after binmen had been and left mine on the bloody street. Thanks.

Secondly, a couple of weeks ago when hurricane bawbag was in the area all 26 wheelie bins decided to go on an adventure up and down the street. Me being a nice guy decided to head out and retrieve them all. Upon pulling in the 26th bin I took a glance up to the building to see not one, but 5 windows occupied by residents watching me struggle in the winds with THEIR bins. Fucking arseholes.

Literally two seconds later I was witness to a couple of stray roof tiles smashing into the mercedes (that also likes to double park) Made my day, knowing that one of the fuckers watching me with the bins was the car owner. Serves them fucking right for parking there in the first place, Every other resident had had the common sense to move their cars away from the building as falling tiles had been a problem the storm before.

what as in just in the middle of the road?

Aye pretty much - its a dead end so pretty tight squeeze for the end houses! Room for two cars and no more! They park right behind mine and my neighbours spaces so we have to leave each other plenty of room which pretty much takes away one of the free spaces!

The folk further up have the same situation except they have three cars in a line there! So maybes shouldnt moan too much

Just doesnt make any sense when there are 3 empty spaces there.

Also nobody in newmachar uses their driveways - you pay all that money for a house with a drive and you leave your motor in the street :confused:

i find it weird that folk moan about the outside of their house/flat, unless you sit outside on a deckchair staring at a pipe or a sky dish and shake your head in dismay all the time.

Exactly!

She thinks it's ok for me to have a fkn pipe running along the inside of my sitting room wall rather than outside cos it's "unsightly" :banghead:

Honestly, you should see the block. Basically a block of 6.

2 ground, 2 x 1st floor & 2 x 2nd floor.

Every flat (except the fkn moaner) has nice new pvc double glazed windows & refits.

She still has the old flaky shitey wooden single glazed sash windows (that are fine if looked after) & makes the whole block look worse.

Does my fkn nut that she thinks it ok to expect me to shift the pipe at fk knows what cost & hassle just cos she doesn't like to see it on her way into the house.

She can bolt if she thinks am shifting it.

May even leave it a nice brilliant white just to fkn wind her up more rather than paint it the colour of the down pipe :itch-chin:

No compromise, ever.

Correct, on anything might I add.

Your big mistake was considering the feelings of others to start with.

Good chance the 'nice' old bitch downstairs burnt your lug to the wasters in your absence. Dinna trust old wifies, they're invariably mendacious backstabbing bitter old fossils taking their proximity to death out on those younger and less burned by life.

I'd have had one word for the hippies 'fuckoff' complete with a death stare, before nearly taking my own door off the hinges I'd rattle it in their meddling faces so hard.

Folk say 'oh I dinna want to fall out with them'.

Why the fuck not? You dinna ken them, they're going all territorial on you, get them telt.

I want to fall out with my neighbours immediately after moving in, bigtime, let them know who's boss, then they either never bother you again or come crawling back much more concillatory a while later in which case you're calling the shots in the hood.

some cock in my block is smoking fags on his balcony and tossing the butts onto the grass in the back. must be nearly 100 lying in this wee patch, with more blowing about like sellik park's pitch. looks manky. I think I've managed to work out who it is, so contacted the factors and moaned at them. They plan to send out a letter to everyone - but if that doesnt work (and I doubt it will) I'm gathering them all up, sticking them in an envelope and posting them through the cunts letterbox.

Way I see it with cunts is that they are cunts by default so unlike a normal person have no recourse when you wrong them to "maybe get a bit cunty about this". Basically escalate or lose. smiley_sherlock.gif

So take the butt chucking nobber he's prob just a manky lazy fuck, unless he gets fined or something he'll keep doing it. Since you're not in the position to fine him as Adam Smith would say "make that invisible hand of society more apparent, by spray painting 'pedo scum' on his front door".

some cock in my block is smoking fags on his balcony and tossing the butts onto the grass in the back. must be nearly 100 lying in this wee patch, with more blowing about like sellik park's pitch. looks manky. I think I've managed to work out who it is, so contacted the factors and moaned at them. They plan to send out a letter to everyone - but if that doesnt work (and I doubt it will) I'm gathering them all up, sticking them in an envelope and posting them through the cunts letterbox.

The three hungarian boys above me do shit like this, despite me leaving a tin outside the front door for tabbies. Their latest is to ping them outta the window at the tin, surprise surprise loads o fag butts around the tin with very few inside. Me and the factor's attempted to have words with them unfortunately, they decide that they can't speaka da english, even tho we ken full well they ken fit we're sayin.

When I stayed in flats two wifies had a shouting match and a wee scuffle in the lobby. I opens door for a lookie and was met by a prosthetic arm bouncing down the stairs towards my feet, followed by a embarrassed woman with a limp sleeve. Didn't know where to look. :hysterical:

You lived in the same stair as Jade Goodie's mum?