Peter Pawlett

I can't post on mad so have posted my thoughts here instead; can't believe the amount of tossers giving him a hard time for being injured again.

He's a frail lad still growing yet has talent to burn, give him a chance ffs, let him bulk up and get into his early twenties before writing him off, on his day he's the most exciting youngster we have but at the moment he is still a child.

My favourite ever player was Peter Weir, yep he was a frail injury prone bloke but on his day was the best player I've ever seen, that includes your Messi's, Maradona's and Pele's of this World, would he have been written off as a injury prone waster by todays support?

Give the lad time to grow, get Minijc in to help him get some Muscle on, job done.............

I can't post on mad so have posted my thoughts here instead; can't believe the amount of tossers giving him a hard time for being injured again.

He's a frail lad still growing yet has talent to burn, give him a chance ffs, let him bulk up and get into his early twenties before writing him off, on his day he's the most exciting youngster we have but at the moment he is still a child.

My favourite ever player was Peter Weir, yep he was a frail injury prone bloke but on his day was the best player I've ever seen, that includes your Messi's, Maradona's and Pele's of this World, would he have been written off as a injury prone waster by todays support?

Give the lad time to grow, get Minijc in to help him get some Muscle on, job done.............

:applause: well said that man.

disgusting he's getting abuse for being injured. as frustrating as it is him being injured, on his day, fully fit he would tear all spl defences new ones and is by far our most creative player.

Where is the evidence of this though? Yes he's injury prone but he's also average as feck with a poor end product. How many goals/assists in the games he's played has he got? That's a genuine question because I can't think of to much. The boy is living off a great performance at Ibrox once and sadly in today's climate we can't afford to take a chance that he will be fit enough to play a run of games.

Where is the evidence of this though? Yes he's injury prone but he's also average as feck with a poor end product. How many goals/assists in the games he's played has he got? That's a genuine question because I can't think of to much. The boy is living off a great performance at Ibrox once and sadly in today's climate we can't afford to take a chance that he will be fit enough to play a run of games.

i can't remember the 1 game at ibrox you speak of, more 20odd other games where i witnessed him literally run amok. also i have little idea of his goals/assists ratio, i am not martin tyler. you have obviously seen more of pawlett lately and if you think so little of him, fair enough. maybe you'd prefer to see jack or fyvie deployed out of position as winger's? maybe you'd prefer the mackie or clark who knows. but me personally, i'd have pawlett in at right wing every time he was fit. infact he'd be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet.

Agree with Ebbe in that hed play every week when fit if it was up to me...but when it comes to contract renewal time can we afford to keep an injury prone player. Jamie Smith for example would never have got released if it wasnt for his injury problems. Lets wait and see how long Pawlett will be out though, he could be back for Killie for all we know.

i can't remember the 1 game at ibrox you speak of, more 20odd other games where i witnessed him literally run amok. also i have little idea of his goals/assists ratio, i am not martin tyler. you have obviously seen more of pawlett lately and if you think so little of him, fair enough. maybe you'd prefer to see jack or fyvie deployed out of position as winger's? maybe you'd prefer the mackie or clark who knows. but me personally, i'd have pawlett in at right wing every time he was fit. infact he'd be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet.

:laughing:

Nor me, just don't think he's to productive but stats wise I have no idea if i'm right or not. I havent' seen much of Pawlett lately, due to injury and I stopped going as much after the East Fife debacle so my opinion is based on the last few years, overall, good attributes no doubt but I think we need more. I really rate Fyvie so would play him before Pawlett if it was a straight contest between the two, think they both bring something different to it.

He's a young loon who has come through our youth system and deserves to be supported and given a chance until in his early 20s, this is when I will judge him. Same goes for Jack and Fyvie, I find it incredible that folk slag off any of our young players, totally unproductive!

I actually don't see him making it atall, against United last week he was really poor, in other games he hasn't shown much either, he burst on to the scene and looked good whther injuries has hampered him in becoming a better player I'll never know but for me he isn't good enough.

Not giving up on him ebbe, i just feel that the injuries are taking it's toll and we won't see the best of him. Not saying he's finished like.

never meant to single you out in replying to you bud, i meant in general. look at some of the reponses. i am a bit taken aback at how quickly he's been written of by some of the same people so insistant on standing by tubes like mackie.

He's a young loon who has come through our youth system and deserves to be supported and given a chance until in his early 20s, this is when I will judge him. Same goes for Jack and Fyvie, I find it incredible that folk slag off any of our young players, totally unproductive!

He already is in his early 20s. What ages do you feel is old enough to deem if he is going to be strong enough or not? I'm no biologist but at 21 surely he is fully grown now?

That's about half of the games he has played for us. Not a chance in hell that he has "run amok" in half of his games. A handful of above average performances when he first appeared but nothing for years.

When is his contract up? I think it is probably time to call it a day, It is a real shame as he undoubtedly has the talent ,unfortunately just not the physical ability, to be a success in the SPL. We can't afford to pay wages to players who spend more time injured than playing, regardless of age or if they are home grown.

Aye sadly i think we're never going to get the best out of him i'm afraid. Injuries so early in his career are hampering him and he even looks to have lost some of his pace already too which is a worry. Shame like.

Ditto - Sadly struggle to remember when the loon played well and was making impact in games.

What has he done for the club though? When has he came on and made fans go "Wow what a player" or something similar, the thing is he hasn't and won't.

Definitely has potential and at the moment that's all he has. Hasn't set it alight yet. He has suffered from lack of a reserve league. I don't think we can afford passengers unless he is on a low wage. Genuinely sad to say that but it is the reality.

Shame he's injured(again).

But when he's played, what has he really done or contributed too.

Too often he goes missing, and I suppose yes his inconsistency could be down to the fact that he's not getting a regular game or is always injured.

But we as a club can't afford to pin our hopes of creative spark coming from an injury prone lad who flatters to decieve.

Time to start planning for building a team without Pawlett and have him trying to force his way in.

He can't be relied upon.

Shame he's injured(again).

But when he's played, what has he really done or contributed too.

Too often he goes missing, and I suppose yes his inconsistency could be down to the fact that he's not getting a regular game or is always injured.

But we as a club can't afford to pin our hopes of creative spark coming from an injury prone lad who flatters to decieve.

Time to start planning for building a team without Pawlett and have him trying to force his way in.

He can't be relied upon.

Agree with this.

He did have a few great games under McGhee for 3 or 4 months from Sep 2009. Appeared to have the ability to run at defences, bamboozling them and changing games in the process.

Then he gets injured, and TBH he has never returned to anywhere near that level.

A huge disappointment that. :(

Might be worth getting the boy some sessions with a sports psychologist.

I'm convinced he's got the ability, the amount of injuries the boy has had though I suppose it's little wonder his head goes down - especially when he's pretty much relied upon as our sole creative output.

I might be wrong here but did the club not have a sports psychologist before?

I need to stop using guys like Booth and Jess and Glass as yardsticks for youngsters coming through.

Pawlett's 20, by which time Jess had established himself in a very good Dons side and was banging in goals for the team,

Pawlett's probably no Jess, but at 20 you would hope you would have started to develop. Although we all develop at different speeds.

Anyone remember Jess when he first appeared for the first team as a teenager... he had the wee thin matchstick legs?

By 20, though, he was already bulking up, and the wee frail thing of a few seasons earlier was gone and the Jess we know was approaching the height of his prowess.

But it would be unfair to compare players today with the players back then. Football is generally of a lower standard, and maybe dedication to get yourself ready to play professional sports isn't anywhere near how it was for Jess or Booth.

By 20 years old, though, you should have at least the physique to compete, if not the professional attitude. I think professionalism is, or has been, of minor interest at Pittodrie for a good while now.

I need to stop using guys like Booth and Jess and Glass as yardsticks for youngsters coming through.

Pawlett's 20, by which time Jess had established himself in a very good Dons side and was banging in goals for the team,

Pawlett's probably no Jess, but at 20 you would hope you would have started to develop. Although we all develop at different speeds.

Anyone remember Jess when he first appeared for the first team as a teenager... he had the wee thin matchstick legs?

By 20, though, he was already bulking up, and the wee frail thing of a few seasons earlier was gone and the Jess we know was approaching the height of his prowess.

But it would be unfair to compare players today with the players back then. Football is generally of a lower standard, and maybe dedication to get yourself ready to play professional sports isn't anywhere near how it was for Jess or Booth.

By 20 years old, though, you should have at least the physique to compete, if not the professional attitude. I think professionalism is, or has been, of minor interest at Pittodrie for a good while now.

Jess made his debut at 18. First game I saw him was the Skol Cup Final. He was instantly immense. Pawlett has been a wee bit unlucky with injuries tho' so let's cut him a wee bit of slack.

Jess made his debut at 18. First game I saw him was the Skol Cup Final. He was instantly immense. Pawlett has been a wee bit unlucky with injuries tho' so let's cut him a wee bit of slack.

Brave decision by Smith to pitch him in to that final but it paid off in spades. Jess never looked out of place amongst the big boys in that game and showed what us Dandies would be able to look forward to in the coming years