Digital Camera

grantos83

About to have our first child so thought would invest in a new camera.

Not really clued up on all the ins and outs to be honest, so only really want to be pointed in the right direction rather than fed a mouthful of technical spiel.

Want a decent camera with a high quality video record/playback too.

Wouldn't want to spend much more than

Not really clued up on all the ins and outs to be honest, so only really want to be pointed in the right direction rather than fed a mouthful of technical spiel.

You can get a Panasonic TZ10 for under 200 now, great video, good camera too. The other I'd recommend is one of the Canon HS series, they're small, light, takes decent video but also takes brilliant low light pictures which is ideal for young kids, means you can take decent photos without flash - no risk of waking them up if sleeping.

You can get a Panasonic TZ10 for under 200 now, great video, good camera too. The other I'd recommend is one of the Canon HS series, they're small, light, takes decent video but also takes brilliant low light pictures which is ideal for young kids, means you can take decent photos without flash - no risk of waking them up if sleeping.

wheres that from>?

ive got some vouchers for pc world, so trying to stick to there

noticed they have the tz20 for

cheers ollie!

Anyone know if digital camcorders would be a better route to go down and just make do with digitial camera I do have?

Better to have a digital camera that takes HD video. Ok it wont be cinema quality and a bit more grainy in low light but I'm guessing your no Steven Spielberg. If you get a digital camera with a wide angle (~24mm) its really useful for indoor video, I've got an HD camcorder which starts at about 38mm and I find myself backed up against the wall to try and fit everything in, always end up using my TZ10 for video now which was less than a third of the price of my camcorder that hardly gets used.