Holiday Thread 2012

zander

aye most of them have bud, its ace! if ur only there for 1 night u definately need to go to Coco Bongo's!! uv gotta see that place, different shows every night and its just ace!

Aye that's def on the to do list at night! Although there is also one in PDC where we're staying apparently. Cannae wait! :)

Is it the same lads that bailed on Manchester/Stone Roses?

Nah, was only one mate going to that with me but due to his work and the fact he goes on holiday the week after I kinda understand why he bailed, would lose far too much cash.

MDAL, my mates are good, just moan at times about the slightest things.

thats for losers.

Never done it myself, and don't especially fancy it, but you meet loads of folk in a similar situation if you stay in the hostels. great times. Me and a mate stayed in a hostel in London for 4 nights a few years ago and had an ace time with the Aussies and NZ'ers there.

Never done it myself, and don't especially fancy it, but you meet loads of folk in a similar situation if you stay in the hostels. great times. Me and a mate stayed in a hostel in London for 4 nights a few years ago and had an ace time with the Aussies and NZ'ers there.

dont get me wrong. i'm all for travelling and have done so a little bit myself. but not on my own.

how hard can it be to scrape together one mate?

seeing the world is probably the best thing you can do in life. i just think the experience is far greater with a friend or partner.

I'm out at Strathyre staying in a log cabin.

Beautiful scenery and setting with plenty to do, but by fuck I'm being eaten alive by Midgies.

I was in the hot tub lastnight and there was a black cloud of them hovering and landing on me.

I then took the dog out for a walk and a shite and I came home to be covered in 20 + bites.

Not enjoying this side of things at all.

It's like the insect equivilant of the film the Birds.

I'm out at Strathyre staying in a log cabin.

Beautiful scenery and setting with plenty to do, but by fuck I'm being eaten alive by Midgies.

I was in the hot tub lastnight and there was a black cloud of them hovering and landing on me.

I then took the dog out for a walk and a shite and I came home to be covered in 20 + bites.

Not enjoying this side of things at all.

It's like the insect equivilant of the film the Birds.

Did the dog like the hot-tub?

I heard he's fond of bingo.

Any holidays this year Harcus? a trip to the mainland perhaps?

thumbup1.gif

Oh yes, jaunt to Inverness in September, and maybe a game at the start of the season now that beastly huns business is nearly done.

Bird is going on about a week somewhere hot in Sept/Oct, any suggestions? Wouldn't be a party holiday, more relaxation. Any suggestions anyone? Europe somewhere, hot and cheap. thehat.gif

Also, has anyone ever turned up at the airport with no idea where you're going? Head to the travel agents at the airport (is it Braehead Travel at Glasgow?) and tell them you want a week somewhere and you want to leave today. Quite fancy that.

thumbup1.gif

Oh yes, jaunt to Inverness in September, and maybe a game at the start of the season now that beastly huns business is nearly done.

Bird is going on about a week somewhere hot in Sept/Oct, any suggestions? Wouldn't be a party holiday, more relaxation. Any suggestions anyone? Europe somewhere, hot and cheap. thehat.gif

Also, has anyone ever turned up at the airport with no idea where you're going? Head to the travel agents at the airport (is it Braehead Travel at Glasgow?) and tell them you want a week somewhere and you want to leave today. Quite fancy that.

Greece, Turkey would be your best bet, probably still be warm but dirt cheap. South of France or Spain would be nice too, but don't know about cost.

What time were the flights mini? Are your mates faggots incapable of getting our of their beds?

Leave Glasgow 9:30PM on the monday, not getting in to Bulgaria until 03:15, which is only 3 hours later than the original plan, although that would have been on the friday, we now leave 4 days earlier.

Just back from 3 mental days in Magaluf. Two week trip offshore then travelling europe for 2 weeks.

Leave Glasgow 9:30PM on the monday, not getting in to Bulgaria until 03:15, which is only 3 hours later than the original plan, although that would have been on the friday, we now leave 4 days earlier.

We done that last year fair to say was a shit flight certinally gave us the wrong first impressions of the place at that time of morning.

Right so my mates wanted to cancel it due to the flights times, spent the whole say trying to sort it out and we have now managed it so it's agreed we go on 3rd of september for a week.

Threatening to cancel a holiday because of flight times is weak.

Why Bulgaria anyway? If you're going on a lads holiday, why not somewhere like Majorca or the Greek Islands?

Couple of questions, where did you stay, were you 18/30 and what was the nights like?

We went for a week leaving on the 4th September last year. Stayed at the Fenix which was half decent. Its got a 24 hour bar there that the girl was ready to close for the summer but kept open for us. The season ends quite early but you'll squeeze the end of it in. Maybe a few bars and clubs shut already but enough open and people going about for you to enjoy yourself.

One thing the food is shite. Try and do a bit of research and pick out a few good places to eat, i was toiling big time by the last couple of nights simply of the cheap booze they use and not getting decent grub. I just done 10 days in Thailand pretty much with the same boys and managed no problem. If you're going to sit in a bar for any length of time you can buy a bottle of Absolut for