Osbourne Out, Folly In !

Now with Osbourne out, is Folly set to come back into the team?

What's happened to the guy? Is he still with us? Is he fit again yet?

Have heard very little about him....been out for over a year. Wouldnt be suprised to see him being released this transfer window. Which is a shame as i thought he was a good player when fit.

Have heard very little about him....been out for over a year. Wouldnt be suprised to see him being released this transfer window. Which is a shame as i thought he was a good player when fit.

Last heard in the papers he was having problems with his chest when breathing after exercise.. That was ages ago tho.. Dont think they had got down to the bottom of the problem and guessing they still havent.

Now with Osbourne out, is Folly set to come back into the team?

What's happened to the guy? Is he still with us? Is he fit again yet?

Having not played for over a year, there's not a chance he'll come in and replace Osbourne.

Clark will come in to the right of midfield, and Fyvie will be alongside Arnason, with Milsom on the left.

Brown

Jack Mawene (or McArdle) Considine Reynolds

Clark Fyvie Arnason Milsom

Vernon Chalali

Folly is shite?! Did you see him play? He was immense in most games, which in itself was something impressive as the team was fucking murder.

Personally, I think its somewhere in between.

He was never shite, never immense.

He was quietly effective from what I remember.

Unlikely to feature in the team again with his contract running out.

Personally, I think its somewhere in between.

He was never shite, never immense.

He was quietly effective from what I remember.

Unlikely to feature in the team again with his contract running out.

i thought he was immense on about 6 seperate occasions, literally carrying paul hartley threw games. think some people have forgotten how good he could be.

i thought he was immense on about 6 seperate occasions, literally carrying paul hartley threw games. think some people have forgotten how good he could be.

Aye, Hartley was breathing oot his erse after 20 minutes of every game played, and lived off his hat-trick on his debut for about 4 months!

But Folly wasn't immense IMO.

He was good at times, but immense is pushing it.

Aye, Hartley was breathing oot his erse after 20 minutes of every game played, and lived off his hat-trick on his debut for about 4 months!

But Folly wasn't immense IMO.

He was good at times, but immense is pushing it.

i see your point, i only used immense as a superlative because he was doing the work of 2 men, 3 when mackie was playing winger. :checkit:

I'd retain him til the end of the season see what were getting if he doesn't play bin him no room for passengers.

I'd actually be looking to try terminate his contract now, was good when fit but obviously still struggling to get fit and will likely be off in summer so may as well try get rid now and get him off wage bill.

I'd actually be looking to try terminate his contract now, was good when fit but obviously still struggling to get fit and will likely be off in summer so may as well try get rid now and get him off wage bill.

Can't see the lad just leaving for free.

Folly's shite anyway so no great loss, just a waste of a wage.

Correct, not equipped for midfield in Scottish football where he gets overrun and overpowered by his immediate opponents, happened week in, week out under McGhee.

I'm sorry, but Folly is pish, whereas Osbourne is the equal at least of the likes of Jennings, Black and Goodwin.

I think Folly was a strange one . Overall , a decent player who I often thought was one of our better players in games (although in the Mcghee era that wasn't saying much!) . However other than a goal at Hibs , I don't really remember him doing anything particularly notable . I know that the defensive midfielder role maybe isn't meant for scoring and creating goals , but you would think any midfielder would chip in with this .

Fitness wise , there is something not right . Imagine he will leave us without playing another game .

Any comparison to Osbourne is ridiculous however , he is an infinitely better and more effective player than Folly .