Sky Sports Players To Avoid

Any Striker From The Scottish Premier League

Nikica Jelavic, Gary Hooper, Jon Daly; all three have been linked with moves to the Premier League this month, but despite the trio's goalscoring feats north of the border, it would be an unwise move to pin your hopes on any of them. The standard of football in the SPL has declined rapidly over the past few years to the stage where strikers aren't poaching goals against Championship-level defences, rather finding themselves untested against quality befitting League One. Conor Sammon's transfer from Kilmarnock to Wigan at this juncture last season is a case in point. The striker was relatively free-scoring for a struggling side in the SPL, but has only found the net once for the Latics. David Goodwillie has also failed to impress at Blackburn and is widely known to be one of the worst players statistically in the PL this season. Gone are the days of Henrik Larsson and Michael Mols; browsing the Scottish market is a risky business.

Sad but very true.

And Conor Sammon is the evidence for this. LOL

Ignorant fannies - anyone in Scotland could have told them Conor Sammon is no where near PL Level - he had a purple patch in the SPL thats it.

For them to suggest Jelavic or even Hooper is of a similar level to Sammon is quite funny - they really know nothing about football up here.

exactly, typical guff cliched pish. I take it SPL failure Charlie Adam was forgotten about for example? Or that Samaras has found himself as pish up here as he was at man City?

If sky sports researchers had any f'cking brains they'd figure out that these purchase from Scotland inevitably end up at English Premier Clubs that are struggling.

Its doesn't take a rocker scientist (remember him?) to figure out that the number of chances and overall team play afforded to a striker at a club fighting relegation ain't a lot.

But......good.

If sky sports researchers had any f'cking brains they'd figure out that these purchase from Scotland inevitably end up at English Premier Clubs that are struggling.

Its doesn't take a rocker scientist (remember him?) to figure out that the number of chances and overall team play afforded to a striker at a club fighting relegation ain't a lot.

But......good.

No, but his brother Rocket is missed by many, myself included

Despite all the "fuck off sky" and "ignorant english cunts" moans its true.

Not one spl forward could become a hit in the epl imo.

A couple (Hooper, Jelavic) might do ok at one of the better clubs where the service is good but they wouldn't get a look in with other forwards that these clubs have in their squads.

Its more likely that lesser clubs would buy them and they would not get the same service and therefore not score the same amount.

As for value for money well I don't think the epl in general give a fuck about value for money and spl players would be little in the way of risk when you see the silly money being splashed for Torres and Carroll.

Any Striker From The Scottish Premier League

Nikica Jelavic, Gary Hooper, Jon Daly; all three have been linked with moves to the Premier League this month, but despite the trio's goalscoring feats north of the border, it would be an unwise move to pin your hopes on any of them. The standard of football in the SPL has declined rapidly over the past few years to the stage where strikers aren't poaching goals against Championship-level defences, rather finding themselves untested against quality befitting League One. Conor Sammon's transfer from Kilmarnock to Wigan at this juncture last season is a case in point. The striker was relatively free-scoring for a struggling side in the SPL, but has only found the net once for the Latics. David Goodwillie has also failed to impress at Blackburn and is widely known to be one of the worst players statistically in the PL this season. Gone are the days of Henrik Larsson and Michael Mol]; browsing the Scottish market is a risky business.

Sad but very true.

Maybe if the English league hadn't ruined our game, we'd have a lot more talent for them to plunder! How the fuck are we meant to compete with a league that has so much money that they can afford to buy any of our top players with loose change they find under the sofa?

Maybe England should sort out their own leagues problems, i.e. competitiveness, debt, foreign investors ruining the game, poor national side and managers, before they come on Sky Sports and slate our game.

What about Steven Fletcher?

He seems to be coping ok.

Ok yeah he was below average at Burnley but since joining Wolves in the Premiership & playing quite often as sub he's back to a very good average goals per game ratio, better than when at Hibs even.

Hibs......... 156 games for 43 goals

Burnley... 35 games for 8 goals

Wolves.... 43 games for 18 goals

Much to Minijc's disgust I'm sure.

i tak it ye dinna hae skysports tup?

No, it's crap, I had it once for six months in the 90's at some point, who the fuck can watch ten football matches in a week?

It's massive overkill, at that stage their huge bias towards the big teams was not apparent, plus I was younger then, naive, and bought their pish that all this razzamatazz was the height of competition.

In truth it's the exact opposite, the dice is loaded towards the top clubs, as if they need it, and Sky, in cahoots with these clubs, has seen maybe six clubs in Britain benefit massively, to the detriment of well over a hundred others.

Which is bollocks, it was the varied nature of top level football, the unpredictability, that attracted me to the game.

Now that is gone, perm one from three in England, one from two in Scotland. Not only that but the Sky money corrupted, to the extent that Manchester City were happy to take the shilling of a man directly responsible for the death of 70,000 of his own people, more than their fucking stadium holds.

What a heap of shit.

Airdrie hitman Ryan Donnelly is struggling to come to terms with the interest surrounding him, but is dreaming of a move south of the border.

Donnelly, who grew up following Celtic, has been watched by Premier League scouts as well as those from the SPL after netting 24 times in 25 games.

They were apparently in attendance as the 20-year-old part-timer scored twice in the 6-2 Scottish Cup defeat by Dundee United last weekend.

And while he would be humbled to play for Celtic one day, Donnelly says he would jump at the chance to move to an English club first.

"I'm a Celtic fan and used to go to some of their games," he told the Daily Record. "Obviously it's great to hear my name linked with them.

"I wouldn't turn Celtic or Rangers down if they were the only clubs watching me but England is where I want to play. "

Ryan Donnelly Quotes of the week

"But if I had the choice of going to Celtic or to a club in England, I'd want England. A lot of young Scottish boys are thinking that way now.

"It's a better standard of football down there. I wouldn't turn Celtic or Rangers down if they were the only clubs watching me but England is where I want to play.

"I'm not desperate to leave Airdrie but I am desperate to get full-time football, which would allow me to give up my job."

Donnelly divides his time between football and working for a builder, and he is still almost embarrassed to hear his name mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Celtic.

"To hear people talking about me is weird," he added. "I've heard Celtic might be after me and just to think about that is incredible. It feels unreal."

What fkn hope has Scottish football got when you have wee dicks like this with his attitude?

What fkn hope has Scottish football got when you have wee dicks like this with his attitude?

They'll chase the money. If a Scottish club you did not support offers you £1.5k per week and a Championship club offers you £4k a week. What would you do?

There really is no contest. Look after number 1.

TV has done this.