Giraffes

Henry

I'm looking into getting a couple of giraffes for the back garden, has anyone done this before?

Although I work, I'm sure my neighbours will have no problems keeping an eye on them during the day?

They're tall enough so I can feed them through my bedroom window at night.

I might install a water feature and a tyre swing so they don't get bored.

Thoughts?

img0898y.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Upvote 1

I'm looking into getting a couple of giraffes for the back garden, has anyone done this before?

Although I work, I'm sure my neighbours will have no problems keeping an eye on them during the day?

They're tall enough so I can feed them through my bedroom window at night.

I might install a water feature and a tyre swing so they don't get bored.

Thoughts?

img0898y.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You've maybe got a giraffe but MT will have the box it's kept in.

You've been to Tenerife?

He's been to Elevenerife.

:suicide:

I think I've done this before, but just for you, min.

Once you've identified a seller for your giraffes, you're going to need to fill out one of these. This is assuming ownership of a giraffe is legal in your country.

Application

Cost-wise, a giraffe is going to cost you around 25,000 per unit, and this isn't taking into account transportation, quarantine, food, veterinarian care, paperwork, custom fees and taxes.

You can get in touch with these guys with regards to sourcing your giraffes. They're based in Texas, but they'll be more than willing to act as middle men for the acquisition.

Exotic Animals

maybe thats the difference between glaswegians and aberdonians coming to the fore then

i look at that in such a way, that harcus went to the effort of drawing something, uploading it and posting, so it must mean im worth parodying...

whereas you look at it as a piss-take, cos you're a negative chunt

:)

Or maybe I (Aberdeen) see it how it is, and you are in la la land (Glasgow).

maybe thats the difference between glaswegians and aberdonians coming to the fore then

i look at that in such a way, that harcus went to the effort of drawing something, uploading it and posting, so it must mean im worth parodying...

whereas you look at it as a piss-take, cos you're a negative chunt

Exactly how much effort do you think he went to drawing that?

I think I've done this before, but just for you, min.

Once you've identified a seller for your giraffes, you're going to need to fill out one of these. This is assuming ownership of a giraffe is legal in your country.

Application

Cost-wise, a giraffe is going to cost you around 25,000 per unit, and this isn't taking into account transportation, quarantine, food, veterinarian care, paperwork, custom fees and taxes.

You can get in touch with these guys with regards to sourcing your giraffes. They're based in Texas, but they'll be more than willing to act as middle men for the acquisition.

Exotic Animals

Many thanks Kelt, I'll get in touch with those guys post-haste.

How big is the tree in your garden?

Quite big, yeah. I only planted it last year.

• 10 months later...
A man who dresses up as a giraffe and carries out random acts of kindness towards people across Scotland has said he does it to feel good.

Twice a week Armstrong Baillie, 32, dons a furry suit his mother made him, before travelling to different places to do good deeds.

He calls himself The Good Giraffe and lives in Dundee with his girlfriend and her daughter.

Originally from Glasgow, he has often been spotted in Edinburgh.

He has also been to Stonehaven, Aberdeen, Forfar, Dundee, the Black Isle and Glasgow to carry out his acts of kindness.

He told the BBC Scotland news website he got the idea after seeing a man dressed up as a gorilla playing the drums in the capital.

During the past six months Armstrong has handed out free bananas and water to runners at the Edinburgh Half Marathon, cleaned up litter on Portobello Beach and given away