Edinburgh Rugby

Next Sunday (22 January) Edinburgh Rugby - one of Scotland's 2 pro-rugby teams - have a chance of making through to the quarter finals of the Heineken Cup for the first time in 8 years. The Heineken Cup is rugby's equivilent of the champions league.

If anyone fancies watching a Scottish team make it out the group stages of a European competition this year, get yourself along to Murrayfield. Tickets can be bought

here. The game kicks off at 1515.

And, with it being rugby, they will sell you drink in the ground before, during and after the game.

Don't usually care for club rugby but have been keeping an eye on Edinburgh. Good to see them doing well and hopefully they will get through. Will they still qualify if they finish the group as runners up? They're level on points with Cardiff as it stands

Best two group runners up qualify for quarters of Heineken; next 3 qualify for Amlin Cup quarters. As it stands just now, Edinburgh are one of the two best runners up. Cardiff are above Edinburgh on the head-to-head records between them. Any win next week should see them through at least as a runner up.

After the weegies got beaten this afternoon, Edinburgh are now guaranteed an Amlin cup quarter.

Should add, student tickets are only

• 2 weeks later...

Hearts had 12.500 at their last home game so don't see what your on about ?

I'm guessing he means, at their combined games at the weekend, but again, its wrong, as there was over 12,000 at Caley and Easter Road combined. I assume he's trying to suggest the rugby is popular, but that attendance was far higher than they've ever had before, and far cheaper to get in to than the footy, if Hearts were ever on the brink of qualifying for the group stages of the champions league, there'd be 4 times that no bother, if it was played at Murrayfield.

I'm guessing he means, at their combined games at the weekend, but again, its wrong, as there was over 12,000 at Caley and Easter Road combined. I assume he's trying to suggest the rugby is popular, but that attendance was far higher than they've ever had before, and far cheaper to get in to than the footy, if Hearts were ever on the brink of qualifying for the group stages of the champions league, there'd be 4 times that no bother, if it was played at Murrayfield.

Knew what he was getting at, rugby isn't very popular in Scotland if they can only muster under 11,000 for a so called big game like yesterday