How Many Dedicated Scouts Does Afc Employ?

No we employ 23 in scouting/youth development.

I'm going to have to admit ignorance here, because I don't know what that means.

I mean, technically everyone at the club could be qualified as 'scouts' if they see a guy and pass the information to Brown or Knox... but if one of those 23 is primarily employed as the tea lady then I, personally, wouldn't count her as a scout.

How many of those 23 are employed as 'Scout' with no other task like coaching youngsters or making tea?

More than ten?

More than one?

One?

I have been asking this very question on this very site for some time. (but perhaps not so succintly)

Craig Robertson and that's it.

Dismantled under Calderwood by the looks of it

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/aberdeen-scouting-system-overhaul-1.49347

This was also something I recalled but no one could confirm. So the fat, orange bell end DID ruin our scouting network.

Come on Ke1t surely you realise we don't need scouts...not with Brooners extensive contacts list...It's already thrown up such great signings as...Clark and Broon

Don't think there is ANY plausible reason why you can turn this into an Anti Brown post. Just let this discussion be about the club maybe?

I'm going to have to admit ignorance here, because I don't know what that means.

I mean, technically everyone at the club could be qualified as 'scouts' if they see a guy and pass the information to Brown or Knox... but if one of those 23 is primarily employed as the tea lady then I, personally, wouldn't count her as a scout.

How many of those 23 are employed as 'Scout' with no other task like coaching youngsters or making tea?

My guess is closer to 3 than 23. I have no evidence or knowledge of this other than the consistantly shite level of players brought to the club (if you average them out) since tangerine baws was here. I'm tempted to rest my case at that point to be honest.

I personally am aware of two in this area (Colin Grant & Brian Smith) but I'm pretty certain there is more. As for other areas, :dontknow:

Not sure how he is employed as such by AFC but there is a teacher at Buckie who puts kids towards AFC. Obviously he isn't just limited to Buckie as he will view players playing against them.

Think it's more of an agreement thing rather than getting actually paid for it.

haha, pathetic how folk look to hit him with any stick they can

were mcghee and brown not able to resurrect it if they thought it important?

What IS pathetic is your blind love for an ex manager of little consequence.

Not to mention your failure to grasp the basic fact that if I am criticising Jimmy C on a speific issue here - certainly not hitting him with any stick I can.

I fail to see how a manager can "resurrect" an organisation, a "network" if you will, of people from scratch. Nonsense to suggest its that simple.

If its true Calderwood made that decision then rightly he should take the criticism. Miller should also take some responsibility for going along with this.

I recall thinking at the time of this announcement what a dreadfully shortsighted decision by the club but never heard anything further about it.