St Johnstone New Signings

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16615872.stm

Signed Lee Croft on loan from Derby...could be a real coup for them. Remember him breaking through at Man City and from his Norwich days. Always on Soccer AM too.

Also signed Jack Compton on loan from Falkirk who I remember was mentioned on here a few days ago as a potential signing for us. Good additions for each wing there for St J.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16615872.stm

Signed Lee Croft on loan from Derby...could be a real coup for them. Remember him breaking through at Man City and from his Norwich days. Always on Soccer AM too.

Also signed Jack Compton on loan from Falkirk who I remember was mentioned on here a few days ago as a potential signing for us. Good additions for each wing there for St J.

Maybe we don't need wingers - we can always use another centre-half - or at a push central midfielder or striker

Fair play to St Johnstone, I'd rather we looked towards up and coming players as a general policy though since I think well known names who've maybe lost their way a bit can be a hit and miss.

Hopefully Broon pulls a rabbit or two out of the hat.

You get some gems from the lower leagues in England though, Motherwell have signed a few in the last couple of years.

Falkirk rejected a bid from Crawley who as sad as it sounds, are wealthier than us.

Yes I know but only around the same amount as I mentioned.

I mean IF we managed to get him signed on a pre NOW (which is possible) then maybe Falkirk would then think differently about refusing a small fee for him now.

Crawley (as far as I'm aware) didn't offer a pre or if they did then maybe Farid Al Alagui didn't want to go there?

Struggle to imagine he'd commit himself now if there's rumours of higher wages and Championship interest.

The way Brown was speaking there were other targets ahead of him and the Aussie.

Agreed he'd choose Championship over us (if true) but we can only try.

Brown saying there are other targets ahead of the two of them somehow doesn't make me feel that these other targets are better, where as you like to think if they are ahead of them they are better but I think it's more like there are CHEAPER options ahead of them

St Johnstone fans are a disgrace, their team well and truly punching above their weight yet where are their fans?! Respect to the ones who actually do turn up

Speaking from experience down here, it's the usual story: Rangers and Celtic "supporters" with tenuous/non-existent connections they trumpet as poor excuses for supporting the "better" teams. Also a disturbing number of Jute Minks, due to the closeness of Dundee which, depending on which way the wind is blowing down here, can sometimes be sniffed on the wind.

Nope. Apparently should have been sent off before his goal and in his interview afterwards said he only came up here as he's pals with Lomas and he told him he needed a hand.

Two footed lunge, certainly should have been sent off.

Asked a Falkirk fan about Compton and apparently he's average and has an attitude problem, having fallen out with both Elvis and the new boss at Bradford.

Beginning to look enviously on at any team that signs out and out wingers though.