"dj's Are The New Rock Stars"

Ando

Christ almighty. Somebody shoot me :suicide:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/61640

Simon Cowell set to launch new TV talent show to 'find the world's greatest DJs'

The X Factor mogul Simon Cowell has announced that he will be launching a new TV talent show which aims "to find the world's greatest DJ's".

The show, which does not yet have a title, will operate in a similar manner to the X Factor, with DJ's battling it out to secure fame and fortune, reports Music Week.

Speaking about the project, Cowell described DJ's as "the new rock stars" and said that the show will capture the rise of "DJ phenomena". The show has been in development for over a year.

The show will be co-produced by Cowell's company SyCo and production group Overbrook, which is owned by actor Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith.

Simon Cowell said of the show: "We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people. As soon as I met Jada and Miguel from Overbrook, I knew they would be our ideal partners. DJ's are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show."

Jada Pinkett Smith said: "This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent. I am happy to be creating it alongside Simon Cowell, the Sony team, and my partner Miguel Melendez, on behalf of the Overbrook family."

It is still unknown which UK and US TV networks will broadcast the show, with more details expected to be confirmed shortly.

Some of his recent material leaves a lot to be desired.

GU09 is his greatest album, fantastic.

Stopped listening to Sasha about 15 years ago when he went all breakbeat prog, but I happened upon this recording of him live at the Panorama Bar in Berlin last year and it's really rather good, if deep/techy house happens to float your boat as much as it does mine:

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/sasha-live-berghain-panorama

Stick your techno house DJ beat pish up yer arse.

Kasabian proved in aberdeen that bands are still alive and Rock N' roll is alive and kicking.

For Reference see Vaccines, Arctic Monkeys, Miles Kane, Kasabian, Noel, Beady Eye and Courteeners!

Get a grip.

Unless you're the sort that cuts about with a mullet, drainpipe jeans, and winkle pickers.

In that case, fill your boots.

Speaking about the project, Cowell described DJ's as "the new rock stars" and said that the show will capture the rise of "DJ phenomena". The show has been in development for over a year.

And is about 10 years too late.

Pointless show.

Sasha is the World's greatest DJ.

Call off the search.

Sasha hasnt picked a tune to play for about 10 years. He has a team of around 20 people that sort out his tunes for him, put them in order and he just turns up. Now with Traktor and Serato he doesnt even have to beat match. Fucking charlatan.

Sasha hasnt picked a tune to play for about 10 years. He has a team of around 20 people that sort out his tunes for him, put them in order and he just turns up. Now with Traktor and Serato he doesnt even have to beat match. Fucking charlatan.

Ach I'm a bit blinded by his set at Gatecrasher for the Miillenium celebrations at the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield.

We got a bus from Elgin down for it. Canna mine if it was 100 sheets a ticket and 100 for the bus or 200 for each but anyway it was fucking immense.

Sasha went live on radio 1 at 9pm and the place went mental.

Greatest night out of my life without a shadow of a doubt. :dancin:

Creamed beyond recognition by full time at 8am New Years Day. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Here's a wee sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNFtWPm_C4

It's available online all over the place.