Happy Birthday

Tommy

Thanks lads :)

Roberto, my good wife got me tickets for the United end at Anfield on Saturday for my birthday, going down to Liverpool tomorrow, any suggestions for a good pub with the missus in the city centre for the Friday night? Please bear in mind, as I'm now scarily close to 40, I'm slowing down, so not looking for anything very rock'n'roll, suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thanks lads :)

Roberto, my good wife got me tickets for the United end at Anfield on Saturday for my birthday, going down to Liverpool tomorrow, any suggestions for a good pub with the missus in the city centre for the Friday night? Please bear in mind, as I'm now scarily close to 40, I'm slowing down, so not looking for anything very rock'n'roll, suggestions would be appreciated :)

Lucky bugger, how'd she manage that?

Happpy birthday.

Kikito, where you staying?

I could suggest many places and be a complete cunt due to your choice in team however I'll take pity given the fact you won't be in the next round of the FA Cup after Saturday.

I am going to suggest to you the following:

http://www.bluebarliverpool.co.uk/this-is-blue-grill.html

Head there for something to eat, it's down Albert Docks - some great views and a very nice area at night.

It's fine food, and then the party can continue on through the night as it's a good place to grab drinks (if your missus likes cocktails, then she'll love it in there).

There will be a Comedy night on aswell which if you get lucky can be a very good laugh.

If you don't fancy that, I'd advise you head to Matthew Street - there is a lot happening in that area.

If you like live bands, head to 'Cavern Club' - always lots on there also: http://www.cavernclub.org/whats-on

If you get lucky you catch a terrific band, but some of the bands can be absolutely shite.

EDIT: How could I forget Forno (Italian) for a meal.

Thanks a lot Roberto, much appreciated, even if you are a dirty red ;) We're staying at the Marriot, its not far from the docks area, and looking at the map its only about half an hours walk to Anfield, although thats to the Kop end, is the ticket office near there, as we need to pick them up?

Blue Grill place looks good, and ideal if its open late, cocktails are always good to give the better half, more likely to get lucky later on :) Thanks for the link, as my missus needs to check all menus before going anywhere, she's so fussy.

Cheers for this.

Kikito, where you staying?

I could suggest many places and be a complete cunt due to your choice in team however I'll take pity given the fact you won't be in the next round of the FA Cup after Saturday.

I am going to suggest to you the following:

http://www.bluebarliverpool.co.uk/this-is-blue-grill.html

Head there for something to eat, it's down Albert Docks - some great views and a very nice area at night.

It's fine food, and then the party can continue on through the night as it's a good place to grab drinks (if your missus likes cocktails, then she'll love it in there).

There will be a Comedy night on aswell which if you get lucky can be a very good laugh.

If you don't fancy that, I'd advise you head to Matthew Street - there is a lot happening in that area.

If you like live bands, head to 'Cavern Club' - always lots on there also: http://www.cavernclub.org/whats-on

If you get lucky you catch a terrific band, but some of the bands can be absolutely shite.

EDIT: How could I forget Forno (Italian) for a meal.

Very detailed, and i'm sure appreciated, but did the bold really need clarified? :laughing:

Happy birthday guys

Yeah, well you don't need to venture anywhere barring Docks area.

Your missus will really enjoy it in that area. She can do a bit of celeb spotting also, as many of the celebs go to that area (including the bar I've mentioned, Blue).

I've never had a bad meal in Blue Grill - it's really nice. There is also a few other dining places nearby - Albert Dock is just ideal location. I'd maybe book in advance however, sometimes can get a bit busy....

There is a host of ticket windows scattered round the ground..... I've never had to collect tickets from one of the ticket booths, but I know there are plenty of them.

You'll have to walk through many Liverpool fans to get to your area of the ground haha.

Also, maybe get a cab from where you are TO the ground. It's uphill and can get VERY tiring - the way back is downhill though and easier.

Thanks again Roberto, I've told the missus to book it if she likes the menu. Yeah, I thought I'd have to walk through the Liverpool fans, should be fine, I'll have my United scarf hidden away, can't be as bad as drinking in the Stadium bar at Ibrox.

Thats helpful about needing the cab to, didn't realise, obviously, looking at the map, it was uphill, so we'll get a cab.

Cheers everyone, and happy birthday Nespa!