Osbourne Signs 1 Yr Extension

Happy that he's signed on again.

At the turn of the year I thought it'd be him saying no to staying, not Arnie.

I do concede, that if Rae is coming in then we will be top heavy with centre mid's.

Suggests to me that someone else is leaving.

My money is on Fyvie.

Probably not a bad shout at all. :(

Osbourne, Milsom, Hughes, Rae, Fyvie, Jack and Clark (who if anywhere plays cm is best) for next season in middle. Why? Fyvie and Jack's progress will be hampered further. Might push Fyvie to leave now.

completely agree, if we sign rae it is taking the piss. brown should be over ruled.

Reasonably happy with Hughes but nae so much Rae.

& I think Brown is being very lazy here with his signings but then that's his way rgds old experienced players :rolleyes: time will tell if it pays off but I have my doubts that both will be value for money.

Feels like it's just a couple of rush signings as a childish fk you to Arnie saying 'see we dinny need you'

I'd have Arnie on his own before both of them combined in the squad.

as I see it Rae is essentially a poor man's severin (as was). Taken in to cover for Arnasson come June - well at least that's forward planing - plus for the period in between if a big wage offer for Arnie comes in and he doesn't fancy Starks park in the snow - again good, but longer term can only see him, like severin, with failing legs drifting back to holding position or even centre half cover. He'll need to prove his metal to me I'm afraid. Having said that, if he's a direct wage swap for Mackie then balance already in his favour.

Jury's out, as with Hughes (two and a half year deal to someone who couldn't hack a month at Mwell?). Ozzie's done enough for me to merit extension. Shows good commitment and at least has a semi clue how to play right back.

Jury's out, as with Hughes (two and a half year deal to someone who couldn't hack a month at Mwell?). Ozzie's done enough for me to merit extension. Shows good commitment and at least has a semi clue how to play right back.

Dont think Hughes was ever signing for Motherwell and I dont think he was even getting paid. Was just a short term deal to keep fit. He's a very good footballer - but I'm not in shock at all the soor Aiberdonians gettin on his back already!!

I'm pleased that we've re-signed Osborne - well done AFC.

Osborne perhaps felt a little loyalty to us for taking what was a huge gamble on him at the time given his injury record.

BUT, having re-signed him, along with the majority on here, I'm struggling to get my head round signing both Hughes and Rae.

Hope they're both successful and I wish them well, but cant help feel we'd have been better using Rae's wage on a left winger.

We are way over loaded on centre midfielders and can see Fyvie & Milsom getting punted wide.

Still, at least it wont be the same amount of massive changes in the summer.

punt, Magennis & Mackie - bring in a striker

Sign a left back and a left mid and squad is not too shabby.

Paul Dixon, Jonny Hayes are both out of contract - would be delighted to see them on board, although I suspect they are bound for more money in Engerlund.

I'm pleased that we've re-signed Osborne - well done AFC.

Osborne perhaps felt a little loyalty to us for taking what was a huge gamble on him at the time given his injury record.

BUT, having re-signed him, along with the majority on here, I'm struggling to get my head round signing both Hughes and Rae.

Hope they're both successful and I wish them well, but cant help feel we'd have been better using Rae's wage on a left winger.

We are way over loaded on centre midfielders and can see Fyvie & Milsom getting punted wide.

Still, at least it wont be the same amount of massive changes in the summer.

punt, Magennis & Mackie - bring in a striker

Sign a left back and a left mid and squad is not too shabby.

Paul Dixon, Jonny Hayes are both out of contract - would be delighted to see them on board, although I suspect they are bound for more money in Engerlund.

Would be delighted if we could sign both of them but can't see it happening