P.p.i.

tightbreeks

phoned my bank about 4 weeks ago, reeled off my old loan numbers, and they send you a cheque for a few bags of sand.

Can confirm this.

Got a cheque for the guts of 700 quid a few weeks back.

Kent fine I had the insurance, but they never told me about the exclusions and so on so legit claim in my book. Not that the bank cared less- easier than getting a credit card 5 years ago, and there's not much easier than that.

Makes me wish I'd bothered with PPI more often.....

I'm forever getting cold phonecalls from automated services going on about PPI.

About 4 or 5 a day when I'm at home.

Annoying as fuck.

Don't know if I'd be eligable to claim though as I've never taken a loan from the bank.

Could PPI be done on credit cards?

If you had PPI on the card, then yes. Mortgages too...

Don't bother with the companies that do it- they want a deposit from you first and it is seriously not at all difficult. Maybe worth using them if the bank tells you to do one though.

I might look into it by going to the bank in the first instance.

What's the first step?

Going to the bank ;-)

I just phoned them and said I thought I might have been missold PPI. I didn't even know if I had PPI in the first place, but assumed it as an even money chance. I didn't even have account numbers or anything other than my name and address- was my current bank though so easy enough for them to check back.

I intend to have a call of all the old accounts I can remember, but I realised a while back that PPI was totally worthless as you can just default on any unsecured loan and there's very little they can do. Not that I have done so, I just realised it through having to try to collect money that customers had borrowed with clearly no intention of ever paying it back.

I might look into it by going to the bank in the first instance.

What's the first step?

Going to the bank ;-)

I just phoned them and said I thought I might have been missold PPI. I didn't even know if I had PPI in the first place, but assumed it as an even money chance. I didn't even have account numbers or anything other than my name and address- was my current bank though so easy enough for them to check back.

I intend to have a call of all the old accounts I can remember, but I realised a while back that PPI was totally worthless as you can just default on any unsecured loan and there's very little they can do. Not that I have done so, I just realised it through having to try to collect money that customers had borrowed with clearly no intention of ever paying it back.

Ho ho min.

Cheers though.

I'll give them a call I think over the next few days.