• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible performance today. Completely lacking in guile and creativity, no width, no leadership. And yet we somehow won.

Clark one of the few players who looked like he gave a fuck today. Why oh why is McArdle still playing at RB too?

Some folk are never happy winning ugly is better than losing pretty...what a daft assesment...good god.... I'm Broons biggest critic but 3 points is 3 points

No i'm the complete opposite of you. In fact i think most folk on here are the complete opposite of you

Couldnt believe when i looked at my watch to see how long before the board went up and saw it was 15 minutes left to play.

There are some games we have lost this season that i have enjoyed more and seen us play better

Some folk are never happy winning ugly is better than losing pretty...what a daft assesment...good god.... I'm Broons biggest critic but 3 points is 3 points

Winning ugly is alright if you're sitting at home not there, was terrible actually being there and makes me think twice about going next home game.

Zero entertainment.

Today was woeful but after the sh*t we went through under McGhee I'll grasp it with both hands.

We were decent for the first 30 minutes but other than that we sat fat too deep with the intention of holding on. If that was against Hearts or Motherwell, we would've been punished. The mix up at the back should have been capitalised upon.

Positives of today; Clark was man of the match and on the basis of that performance then he might actually be of use occasionally. Hughes looked decent on the ball when he came on, calming influence in the middle. We were pretty solid at the back throughout most of the match, apart from the occasional hiccup.

Edit - Reynolds is a cracker of a player as well. Shame we won't be able to keep him.

Thought we played quite well first half. Second we didnt come out at all and let Dunfermline dictate the game. We made Mark Kerr look quite good. Just as well they are even worse than us!!

Same old problems.. No width and no wide players with the ability to beat a man. Every time we went down the right, we would pass it inside then to the opposite side and then back again.. (Or vice versa) But seems Brown cant see this as only buys Centre Halfs and Centre Midfielders.

Still suppose a win is a win and into top six (Woopie woo) but that was just complete shite the second half.

No i'm the complete opposite of you. In fact i think most folk on here are the complete opposite of you

Aye I noticed you boys can never say anything unless backed up with a "most of us on here"...safety in numbers is usually the way of the weak....have you not got your own opinion?

Winning ugly is alright if you're sitting at home not there, was terrible actually being there and makes me think twice about going next home game.

Zero entertainment.

That's why I didn't go today. Killie game a fortnight ago was dreadful and despite the draw at Ibrox, didn't fancy sitting in freezing cold for 90 minutes with no entertainment. Although at least there was a goal today!

Arnason was utterly shocking in the 2nd half and clearly is looking to leave before the end of the window. If Brown had any sense he would push Robertson into left-mid, Reynolds to LB, McArdle into centre alongside Considine and Jack to RB. Or is that too obvious?

Seriously though anybody there today could have told him that there were problems to be had and he never changed it. Rory will never go down the flank as he's clearly not comfortable there so why keep playing him there?

Zero entertainment.

With Broon in charge it's never going to be pretty...surely we all remember how boring Scotland were under his leadership...I take a fair bit of abuse on here from all sides for having a go at him...I attend when I'm at home mainly cause I've got a football daft son and daughter...although I can't say any us of enjoy what we see...when I have a go at Broon it's mainly cause I would love to see entertainment back at Pittodrie...we will not see anything other than winning ugly with this old beezer in charge...Think the last time I saw entertainment at AFC was when JC was in charge...although it would seem JC was deemed too expensive for Milne's pocket...

With Broon in charge it's never going to be pretty...surely we all remember how boring Scotland were under his leadership...I take a fair bit of abuse on here from all sides for having a go at him...I attend when I'm at home mainly cause I've got a football daft son and daughter...although I can't say any us of enjoy what we see...when I have a go at Broon it's mainly cause I would love to see entertainment back at Pittodrie...we will not see anything other than winning ugly with this old beezer in charge...Think the last time I saw entertainment at AFC was when JC was in charge...although it would seem JC was deemed too expensive for Milne's pocket...

I watched some dire games under J.C mate.

Terrible performance today. Completely lacking in guile and creativity, no width, no leadership. And yet we somehow won.

Clark one of the few players who looked like he gave a fuck today. Why oh why is McArdle still playing at RB too?

And easy to say that at 5.30pm on a Saturday, but on Monday morning in the cold light of day (and possibly at the end of the season) we'll be thankful the three points.

Nowhere has anyone said they are disappointed with the win

what was said was we played shite and it was moaned about.

We were shite today, agree? Or is the rule that we can't comment on how poor the performance is if we win?

If we played like that against anyone but Dunfermline we'd have been pumped.

I agree JC wasn't perfect...but at least you felt with him he actually cared and gave it his all from the touchline...which for me was something I admired...seeing an old man shivering in his anorak sitting on his arse is hardly inspiring to fans and probably player alike...the job is obviously way beyond him and probably any 71 year old

You having a laugh? Actually, you are probably being serious but then you're nae really the full shilling so not surprising.

Last time we had 'entertainment' at Pittodrie was under Ebbe. Unfortunately being entertained also meant finishing bottom of the league. There has to be a happy medium.

Arnason was utterly shocking in the 2nd half and clearly is looking to leave before the end of the window. If Brown had any sense he would push Robertson into left-mid, Reynolds to LB, McArdle into centre alongside Considine and Jack to RB. Or is that too obvious?

Seriously though anybody there today could have told him that there were problems to be had and he never changed it. Rory will never go down the flank as he's clearly not comfortable there so why keep playing him there?

How do you gauge this from todays performance, given what he has also produced in recent weeks ?

I'm with Redstar. A win is a win, and a much needed win to follow up the fine point last week. A good result combined with a poor performance will do us just fine, will take a honking 1-0 win next week as well.

This.

JC won like this far too often and blew several chances for silverware because he was an idiot. He left us in a mess with some of the players he signed. That's why we got rid. End of.

McGhee was a mistake but we are showing shoots of recovery under Brown. Yes, some of it isn't pretty. Yes, we need wingers but I'm pretty confident we'll get there. We have a team of professionals for the first time in years and while we have still got a long way to go, there is slight reason to be optimistic again.

You having a laugh? Actually, you are probably being serious but then you're nae really the full shilling so not surprising.

Last time we had 'entertainment' at Pittodrie was under Ebbe. Unfortunately being entertained also meant finishing bottom of the league. There has to be a happy medium.

Insults aside are you serious?...Ebbe was amusing I'll give you that but come on...AFC were a complete laughing stock with him in charge...do you nae mind the Parkheed performances??

Seeing as we only have him on loan as he's a shocking LB for Wednesday but can't dislodge their centre halves due to height I'd say we're better playing him centre half.

Insults aside are you serious?...Ebbe was amusing I'll give you that but come on...AFC were a complete laughing stock with him in charge...do you nae mind the Parkheed performances??

Of course I remember them. I also remember the snow balls v the Tims, the 9 in a row and Eugene Dadi etc. There was definitely fun to be had back then.

I agree about your laughing stock comment, that was the point I was trying to make. You can try and be entertainers and lose every game or grind out 1-0 wins every week but bore the pants off the supporters. As I said, there has to be a happy medium.

Of course I remember them. I also remember the snow balls v the Tims, the 9 in a row and Eugene Dadi etc. There was definitely fun to be had back then.

I agree about your laughing stock comment, that was the point I was trying to make. You can try and be entertainers and lose every game or grind out 1-0 wins every week but bore the pants off the supporters. As I said, there has to be a happy medium.

I'm sure there wid be plenty of Arsenal supporters who would take the boring boring one nil to the Arsenal trophy winning results over the current entertaining but trophyless results.