Looking to pick the brains of fellow AFC folks the night.

Mind being at a game back in the day that got abandoned at HT due to brutal snow St Johnstone I think, then couldnt get home !

When was it cant find it anywhere in the archives??

I remember this well because an eskimo looking bloke with a huge fur jacket that he looked like he killed that moring wandered down the steps of the south stand , everybody laughing at him, he didnt have a clue why - someone had stashed a pie or a crisp packet in the hood of the thing that you could have easily hid a mitre delta in.

Any help appreciated afc heritage has drawn a blank for me!

Mind being at a game back in the day that got abandoned at HT due to brutal snow St Johnstone I think, then couldnt get home !

I remember this well because an eskimo looking bloke with a huge fur jacket that he looked like he killed that moring wandered down the steps of the south stand , everybody laughing at him, he didnt have a clue why - someone had stashed a pie or a crisp packet in the hood of the thing that you could have easily hid a mitre delta in.

Abandoned at half time with dons 3-0 up. Crazy weather and took ages to get home and got slap from my old man as game finished ages ago. I must have been about 11 I would think so around 1985 I would say.

I recall a match away to Partick Thistle Nil being called off due to sna.... I seem to remember having to decide whether to go watch it or sit in the bar an get pished instead. In the end I sat in the bar and got pished, and through the magic of Scottish weather was able to still see the game at a later date.

Sure it was Thistle, tho, no St Johnstone.

I recall a match away to Partick Thistle Nil being called off due to sna.... I seem to remember having to decide whether to go watch it or sit in the bar an get pished instead. In the end I sat in the bar and got pished, and through the magic of Scottish weather was able to still see the game at a later date.

Different game - this one was St Johnstone. Mental blizzard at half time and held off and held off for ages at half time then floodlights went out in power cut, got them back on then went out again and match abandoned after an hour of half time.

i mind a game at firhill and the floodlights failed, i went to the replay but i can't remember if we got in with our old ticket.

i think we were winning when they turned off the lights.

mental!!

The infamous Firhill broom incident... laughing.gif

We humped them 7-0 that season as well.

I was at this game. Clearly remember Thistle ground staff clearing the lines before the game with a broom (high tech!) and the head kept falling off...of the broom not the staff member. Thought it was the most pointless waste of time, the quicker he brushed the quicker the sna covered the lines. Think i went to the re-arranged game as well.

I'm thinking it was either 1st or 2nd Jan around 1982 maybe.

Different game - this one was St Johnstone. Mental blizzard at half time and held off and held off for ages at half time then floodlights went out in power cut, got them back on then went out again and match abandoned after an hour of half time.

I'm thinking same dates...but 1983.

Hale o' south side o' Aiberdeen wis oot (in terms o' nae juice).

Somebody told me there was never power cuts in the 80's! :)

Abandoned at half time with dons 3-0 up. Crazy weather and took ages to get home and got slap from my old man as game finished ages ago. I must have been about 11 I would think so around 1985 I would say.

If this is the same one (surely not that many around this time) it was mental. Most of the power in Aberdeen was out, buses cancelled and trees down and really thick snow. I remember I was about 6, had been at cinema with my mum, went in all was fine, came out and really thick snow and everyone including crowds from Pittodrie trying to get home but hardly any buses etc running.

It was St Johnstone, January 3rd, 1984. Dons were 3-0 up before the game was abandoned at half time. Game was played in the early afternoon as well if I recall.

Remember it well! First time I got onto the pitch. We ran from SS to paddock because there was a huge scrum to get out. I recall walking up King Street frozen stiff. There was one bloke who couldnt even move his legs he was that frozen! We got to Marischal college waiting for a bus that never came but luckily my old man picked us up. He came came out looking for us. I dread to think what we would have done had he not come?

• Site Sponsor
1327782189[/url]' post='701188']

3/1/1984