Brown's Signings V Mcghee's

Correct me if I get any wrong or miss some out, which I will. Out of the signing from both managers, not including results or league position, just based on players. What's your thoughts on the quality each manager has brought in? Are we beginning to see CB steady the ship and in turn can we reach the top 4 /5 with the current squad? Bare in mind each manager needs plenty of time to move out a previous managers duffers.

Brown

Mawene

M Anderson (never understood this one)

R Anderson

S Smith

McNamee

Blackman

Reynolds

Hughes

Milsom

Rae?

Uchechi?

Chalali

Fallon

Arnason

Osbourne

Brown

Gonzalez

McGhee I know he's signed a lot more, just can't think of them all.

Ifil

Vernon

Hartley

Velicka

Folly

McArdle

Vujadinovic

Grassi

Ross

MacLean

Magennis

Nelson

Correct me if I get any wrong or miss some out, which I will. Out of the signing from both managers, not including results or league position, just based on players. What's your thoughts on the quality each manager has brought in? Are we beginning to see CB steady the ship and in turn can we reach the top 4 /5 with the current squad? Bare in mind each manager needs plenty of time to move out a previous managers duffers.

Brown

Mawene

M Anderson (never understood this one)

R Anderson

McNamee

Blackman

Reynolds

Hughes

Milsom

Rae?

Uchechi?

Chalali

Fallon

Arnason

Osbourne

Brown

Gonzalez

McGhee I know he's signed a lot more, just can't think of them all.

Ifil

Young

Vernon

Hartley

Velicka

Folly

McArdle

Vujadinovic

Grassi

S Smith

Ross

MacLean

Magennis

Nelson

Is this Stevie Smith? If it is then it was Brown who signed him

JC signed Young Jack.

I'd say Brown has made 6 poor signings from that list but you can never tell how any player will work out, Blackman is a prime example of that.

I'd say 4 of McGhee's were utter shite, Vilicka and Grassi being the stand outs.

You've got 16 Brown signings though and only 12 McGhee ones. Looks like they've got about the same percentage of duds (without working it out properly)

Thats the pond we piss in though...

Here is a list I've pieced together from Wikipedia..

McGhee

Rory McArdle

Josh Magennis

Mark Howard

Scott Vernon

Yoann Folly

Paul Hartley

Andrius Velicka

Nikola Vujadinovic

Stuart Nelson

Jerel Ifil

Davide Grassi

Maurice Ross

Paul Marshall

Steve MacLean

Jim Paterson

Brown

David McNamee

Myles Anderson

Robert Milsom

Nick Blackman

Steven Smith

Youl Mawéné

David González

Isaac Osbourne

Chris Clark

Kári Árnason

Jason Brown

Mohamed Chalali

Rory Fallon

Mark Reynolds

Russell Anderson

Stephen Hughes

Gavin Rae (pending)

Well, I remember telling people on here the following several seasons ago:

Hartley, the Wall, Big Josh and Mark Howard were dreadful signings but that Vernon would do well before they had even kicked a ball for us. At the time I was living in Manchester and had seen several of these misfits play before.

I got slated for it. LS has disappeared in shame.........

it's a mad amount of players to go through in a short space of time. we need a solid first team that can play week in week out. getting has-beens and never will be's, cannae be the way. it looks like all we can do for now.

It would be interesting to see how the average lifespan of a player at Aberdeen has changed over the years. It must be around the 2 year mark at the moment.

Hartley, the Wall, Big Josh and Mark Howard were dreadful signings but that Vernon would do well before they had even kicked a ball for us. At the time I was living in Manchester and had seen several of these misfits play before.

Who the fuck is that?

I remember that!

Most of the hat were wanking in themselves into a frenzy about McGhee's signings, headed by our ex dictator with no clue leader.

McArdle is a good centre half but has been played at right back more often than not, hence he's a decent player but a less decent signing if you get me.

Folly was fine before his injury also, and Vernon's scoring record speaks for itself - and I'm impressed that we've managed to sign him up again on the back of it as he'd have been bound to get a club down south if he wanted.

I think the situation with Vernon is that he's found a league that suits him. Didn't seem to have great success in England, often getting carted about the place. Now he's been given a fresh start and a run of games in a new league where the majority of opposition is of inferior quality. As a result, he's getting some goals and enjoying his football more than ever.

Really hope that he makes 20.

What happened to L.S ? he was like the minister of misinformation, is he on here now with a 3 letter name?

it's a mad amount of players to go through in a short space of time. we need a solid first team that can play week in week out. getting has-beens and never will be's, cannae be the way. it looks like all we can do for now.

How you can build stablity in the team (and indeed the club) with such heavy turnover is beyond me. Get the feeling a lot of the signings in the minds of the managers at the time were exactly how they turned out to be-short term and stop gap. You can't build momentum with this 'strategy'.

Vernon was a great signing, best striker we have had in a good while.

McArdle has also been good, only as a CB. Its a right shame he has played RB so often. I feel him and Anderson could become an impressive centre back pairing. Will we get to see this?

Arnason has also been a good signing too, but he wont be here for much longer ......:(