Plus Goal Dif.............

We have only finished on a plus goal difference once in the past four seasons & that was only plus one, in the 08/09 season when we pipped Utd into the Sigma debacle by 4 goals when they finished on minus 3.

Obviously points are the most important thing & we even managed a 3rd place finish on quite a large goal dif minus a few seasons ago (I think) but I'd like to see us get back to finishing on a plus goal difference for a wee change. :crossfingers:

Will we do it? (don't answer tup pls as we already know you will say yes) I'm not sure, it's a toughy really but I'd love to see us get back to stats like that.

Currently we're sitting on -3 come on Vern & Cha Cha :crossfingers: start banging them in :crossfingers:

Obviously (like I said) points are the most important (so no need to point this out thanks) but just wanting to see if Brown can surprise us & get us on a plus goal dif finish using his (mostly) conservative style. It'd certainly be a pleasant surprise now & given the (almost) FACT that we cannot be relegated & can now relax whilst playing games, it may just get that bit easier & more enjoyable :crossfingers:

You don't need to worry about goal difference if you keep getting 3 points... You've already got a +ve goal difference...

Duh!!!!!!! :spanner: nae shit :sherlock:

But we will not get 3 points in every game from now til season end, it will be a mixed bag & I'm wondering if we'll get a plus gd that is all. (as that was my point of the post)

We could get more wins than losses from now til season end & still finish on minus gd :dontknow:

Could lose the first game of the season 38-0 and win the rest 1-0 and still have a negative goal difference.

Only is good for adding drama at the end of the season.

That would be a good season.

Just hope a record result like that was the result of 4 red cards against us in the first couple of mins to excuse a result like that.

Just hope a record result like that was the result of 4 red cards against us in the first couple of mins to excuse a result like that.

111 points with a -1 goal difference.

Or lying 8th come May with a plus goal difference. Like I said just adds for drama easier, than sorting places on games won.

Be better to get a 5th player sent off so the game gets called off due to the minimum 7 players rule, and take the 5-0 result handed out by the authorities, laughing.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Could even make this thread ANOTHER poll if you want?

I think it'll be close either way +/- a couple of goals.

Just wondering what others would guess?

I'll hazard a guess at break even 0 gd ;)

Before split i would say not a chance. Possible after split but would sway towards no again!!