New Bbc Sport Website

s1dnk

Trying to emulate Sky Sports News.

Another sign of plummeting standards at the BBC.

I grudge every single penny of the licence fee, they produce nothing worthy of note, and they dinna even pay for football matches anymore tight, elitist, egg chasing bastards in charge is the issue.

Trying to emulate Sky Sports News.

Another sign of plummeting standards at the BBC.

I grudge every single penny of the licence fee, they produce nothing worthy of note, and they dinna even pay for football matches anymore tight, elitist, egg chasing bastards in charge is the issue.

i never expected that response from you tup.

:o

wheres the real tup gone?

The move towards superficiality is always a sign that some perma-tanned Robin Galloway type is in charge of the whole operation, and has decided it needs a 'facelift'.

i.e. make it smart graphics and lurid colours, whilst totally ignoring content.

All I want is words, I could not give two fucks about pictures, and I want serious words, written in stern, unyielding fashion.

I dinna want this vapid pish, these bastards are taking

I think they had to update it to the new way of making websites, html 5 or something, BC can correct me as I'm kind of guessing.

They also predicted high volumes of web traffic over the summer with the Olympics and Euros so it was another reason to change, I think they thought they would streamline the site. If it stays like this they wont have that issue as nobody will want to look at that awful setup!

If they were worried about increased traffic because of the Olympics then they could have moved all Olympics-related news to a dedicated server, leaving the rest of the site as it is.

Instead they went the, 'Let's Make Our Site Look Like Shit, Boy Howdy' route.

They need new IT guys... I'ma send these daft fuckers my resume.

It's a pretty impressive piece of web design, no doubt about that. Whether you like the look of it is a matter of personal taste and it will take a bit of getting used to as there is a shit load going on.

Look out for loads of copycats in the next few months. 6 column grids ahoy!

Also, anyone saying it harks back to 1999 has no clue what they are talking about, it uses just about every piece of modern web tech in the book.