Offshore Workers - Working Time Ruling

brownie

After the recent case there is word going around that some companies are going 2 & 2 again. Apparently Marathon offshore management have been told its going to happen and heard a whisper tonight that BP might be considering it too.

Any other offshore folks heard anything about their 2&3 changing to 2&2 ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the recent case there is word going around that some companies are going 2 & 2 again. Apparently Marathon offshore management have been told its going to happen and heard a whisper tonight that BP might be considering it too.

No but it's plainly obvious it'll happen for folk.

2&3 was brought in because of the WTD.

Now it's a dead duck there is no need to pay for that extra 5th crew. :ThumbsDown:

My dad works on a Marathon rig, they were called into a meeting and told that despite rumours, there was no chance of them going back to work 2 n 2. That was by the OIM's.

My dad works on a Marathon rig, they were called into a meeting and told that despite rumours, there was no chance of them going back to work 2 n 2. That was by the OIM's.

The oims won't have a say. Rumours are the contract crews on the Apache rigs that were on 2 & 3 are going back to 2 & 2.

After the recent case there is word going around that some companies are going 2 & 2 again. Apparently Marathon offshore management have been told its going to happen

If the North Seas 'Safest, most reliable low cost operator' (otherwise known as 'the grippiest bastards in the North Sea') can get away with it then they will and others will more and likely follow suit.

I think you may have missed the point. Despite what the OIMs say they will not have any say in the rota of the twats underneath them. The rumours bit was merely an add on of extra info

The OIM's are just Marathon workers at the end of the day as well and will just have to do what their told. The only difference is they won't be allowed to be seen greeting about it and will be a bit better of financially than your normal mong on the rig for changing back from a 2n 3.

Also, IMO there's no way the OIM's would already be back working 2 n 2 from a 2 n 3 unless this was going to be rolled out across the board.

Dazzy, I split my time between the three Brae rigs on a 2 n 3 rotation. What rig was your auld man on and what does he do?

I canna believe that folk can complain about getting two weeks off in every four.

You do understand they are doing 72 hours of work a week offshore? Thats almost four weeks of work to a normal onshore gadgie every two weeks they're offshore. I never moaned about it personally as I chose that kind of work and appreciated the time off but I understand where they are coming from.

The OIM's are just Marathon workers at the end of the day as well and will just have to do what their told. The only difference is they won't be allowed to be seen greeting about it and will be a bit better of financially than your normal mong on the rig for changing back from a 2n 3.

Also, IMO there's no way the OIM's would already be back working 2 n 2 from a 2 n 3 unless this was going to be rolled out across the board.

Dazzy, I split my time between the three Brae rigs on a 2 n 3 rotation. What rig was your auld man on and what does he do?

My dad's on the East Brae...been there about 5 years now...he's house mouse.

I canna believe that folk can complain about getting two weeks off in every four.

On the other hand, away from their families 2 weeks in 4.

You do understand they are doing 72 hours of work a week offshore? Thats almost four weeks of work to a normal onshore gadgie every two weeks they're offshore. I never moaned about it personally as I chose that kind of work and appreciated the time off but I understand where they are coming from.

On paper they are doing 72 hours a week.

I ken loads of folk who work offshore.

Not one of them has ever worked a 72 hour week in reality.

A 12 hour day, couple of hours cleaning tanks, 3 hours mealtimes, internet, sleep etc.

Easy life.

On paper they are doing 72 hours a week.

I ken loads of folk who work offshore.

Not one of them has ever worked a 72 hour week in reality.

A 12 hour day, couple of hours cleaning tanks, 3 hours mealtimes, internet, sleep etc.

Easy life.

As opposed to the typical office johnny who spends most of his 8 hour day either on extended lunch breaks or flirting with the tidy birds in the office.

Spot would be roughly four weeks work in four weeks if 2 & 2?

Spot would be roughly four weeks work in four weeks if 2 & 2?

Folk seem to forget we are also away from our families for 2 weeks at a time. You lads that get home every night are the ones who moan about offshore workers time off. We do long hours out here, dont see family/mates for 2 weeks so I think are worthy of our 3 weeks off.

Folk seem to forget we are also away from our families for 2 weeks at a time. You lads that get home every night are the ones who moan about offshore workers time off. We do long hours out here, dont see family/mates for 2 weeks so I think are worthy of our 3 weeks off.

many other jobs are the same. don't see them moaning for more time off.

you are adequately paid for the time you work abroad and for that pay you make sacrifices.