Chick Young Continues His Tradition

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I saw somewhere that chick is the BBC Scotland chief sportswriter.

To me what he comes across as more than anything is just some old fart who has lots of friends in football. He doesn't really have a clue about football or any inside knowledge or insight at all.

He just seems to spend his time bumbling about asking his chums daft questions and that's it.

His actual pundit or journo skills are zero.

Basically any half drunk, clueless football fan given access to the same chums could do his job. Only most would have more intelligence at least.

It's also blatantly obvious that helping out his pals is far more important than doing his job properly.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that chick is the BBC Scotland chief sportswriter.

To me what he comes across as more than anything is just some old fart who has lots of friends in football. He doesn't really have a clue about football or any inside knowledge or insight at all.

He just seems to spend his time bumbling about asking his chums daft questions and that's it.

His actual pundit or journo skills are zero.

Basically any half drunk, clueless football fan given access to the same chums could do his job. Only most would have more intelligence at least.

It's also blatantly obvious that helping out his pals is far more important than doing his job properly.

Yes he's an odious little toad but his 'destroyation' of the English language is embarrassing, especially his similes.

Great quote from a guy called Stan sums him up neatly:

"... his column on the BBC Scotland website is crammed full of flannel, half-truths, no-truths, gossip and, as a piece of journalism, it's hard to believe this person has been in that professional for many years. The website calls him a "pundit. Pundit comes from the Sanskrit word "pandit" meaning "learned". He is hardly that. Also, his columns are usually full of similes. Indeed, more similes than spouted by an Edmund Blackadder in a simile creating contest at the University of Similes in front of a judging panel of Baldrick's".

CY=Dickhead.

Should have heard the bairny cxnt arguing wi Alan Preston at half time St Mirren v Hearts replay on BBC Scotland.

Complete and utter embarrassment for an "impartial" reporter.

I was waiting for him to pick up his ba and say he wisna playin ony mare, except that would have meant he'd have had to stop ranting, and he wasnae aboot to dae that.

Twat!

Should have heard the bairny cxnt arguing wi Alan Preston at half time St Mirren v Hearts replay on BBC Scotland.

I was waiting for him to pick up his ba and say he wisna playin ony mare, except that would have meant he'd have had to stop ranting, and he wasnae aboot to dae that.

Twat!

Another detestable cunt

Twat!

What was it about?

What was it about?

His perception of poor refereeing decisions, going against St Mirren of course.

Particularly when the referee awarded St Mirren a penalty. He argued that since the ball ended up in the back of the net, the ref should have played advantage.

As Richard Gordon pointed out though, half the crowd shouted HAND BALL in unison, including Young himself, so he can hardly blame the ref for awarding the pen.

St Mirren in case you didn't know, missed the pen and went on to lose 2-0. Shame.

It's just sheer joviality from that cunt, to mask his glaring deficiencies in every department of life.

He canna offer me anything interesting on the radio, no insight, no analysis, just wall to wall weegie 'patter'.

It's an assault on the senses, and if I hear him at all now, the radio goes off, I cannot bear him for even 10 seconds.

Sort it out BBC.

Best comment recently from him came the other night when they brought Kenny Clark onto the radio after he had criticised Spence for the easy time he gave Lennon after the cup final in the TV interview by just going on about the penalty instead of asking Lennon first why his players underperformed or whether it was tactical errors or team selection that cost the game, etc. ( A very good observation by Kenny Clark.)

Chick then started interjecting about Clark being a columnist in a tabloid that still has a page three and how he was not short in taking the media shilling as he fires into journalists.

Clark then asked "Chico" if he therefore did all his work for free or donates his money to charity?

The response from Young was that he was a "professional journalist".

You could then hear Kenny Clark saying "Well some would question that but far be it for me....". :hysterical:

Cue, topic being moved on by the others on the show.