Where Are They Now

I mind when Sevco were getting all those loan players from Newcastle a few seasons ago. My boss at the time was unable to comprehend how shite they were because "they are from the EPL and therefor better than anything in Scotland". I shit you not, the boy genuinely believed that any player, reserve or otherwise from an EPL team must be world class.

Fuck guffy fitba and fuck anyone who thinks that with the exception of one or two teams, it's anything other than average.

• Upvote 1

I mind when Sevco were getting all those loan players from Newcastle a few seasons ago. My boss at the time was unable to comprehend how shite they were because "they are from the EPL and therefor better than anything in Scotland". I shit you not, the boy genuinely believed that any player, reserve or otherwise from an EPL team must be world class.

Fuck guffy fitba and fuck anyone who thinks that with the exception of one or two teams, it's anything other than average.

Aye, I reckon shinniesta has fell into the same trap. Brainwashed by being reared on a diet of super Sunday and sky Sports news on loop

Did you ever find out why he supported Newcastle? I've heard some cracking reasons over the years.

I remember they got one decent player who actually made the other 4 crocks worth it. Romanian maybe?

Are you talking about Daniel Prodan?

Signed for the Huns for about 2 million quid from Atletico Madrid back in the 90s... he was actually a fucking brilliant player.

Unfortunately the Huns didn't bother with any sort of comprehensive medical... I don't think they ever bothered giving players medicals at Ibrox back then if the number of perma-injured crocks they signed were any indicator... and it transpired that Prodan was pretty much fucked forever, having damaged his knee with Atletico.

The Spaniards must have been doing cartwheels with joy and astonishment when the cash got transferred to their account, and they got shot of someone who'd never play top flight fitba again :lolrangers:

Guest milne_afc

Been told Jack Grimmer was on the radio today, he wants Man Utd in the Fa cup draw because hes a big Man Utd fan SIGH

Don't see the big deal. He grew up in Aberdeen during the most fallow period in the club's history, even Aberdeen supporters had a dislike for the Dons.

ManYoo were box office.

Which makes it even more shite. Nothing clubs like Swansea, Stoke etc more than happy finishing mid table and doing fuck all than the cup competitions.

I've said before I'm not saying Aberdeen are anywhere near that standard but at least it's not the pantomime that is the English premier league

Don't see the big deal. He grew up in Aberdeen during the most fallow period in the club's history, even Aberdeen supporters had a dislike for the Dons.

ManYoo were box office.

I still can't keep a straight face when I hear someone with an Aberdonian accent declaring that they are 'big Man Yoo/Liverpool fans'...

Just sounds ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

Which makes it even more shite. Nothing clubs like Swansea, Stoke etc more than happy finishing mid table and doing fuck all than the cup competitions.

I've said before I'm not saying Aberdeen are anywhere near that standard but at least it's not the pantomime that is the English premier league

This is exactly my point. The EPL is all that is wrong with football these days it's all about money...all most of the clubs (bar the top 6) are concerned with is maintaining their EPL status and staying on the gravy train. So they play weakened sides in both cup competitions and in the Europa League if they happen qualify for it. The money on offer in the Europa is peanuts compared to maintaining their EPL status so they don't give a flying fuck about it.

The EPL is full of average players and mercenaries who are nowhere near worth the transfer fees they went for or the wages paid to them. But my point all along has been that even though a high percentage of players in the EPL are average compared to the real top players they are still of a far higher standard than what is on offer in the SPFL. Therefore for anyone to matter of factly just state that Aberdeen would beat EPL club X, Y or Z isn't dealing with reality. We would be massive underdogs against any full strength EPL team. To think otherwise is just silly. But it doesn't change the fact that it's over hyped crap and most of the games on offer are tedious bullshit. Fuck knows why there is such worldwide interest in it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is exactly my point. The EPL is all that is wrong with football these days it's all about money...all most of the clubs (bar the top 6) are concerned with is maintaining their EPL status and staying on the gravy train. So they play weakened sides in both cup competitions and in the Europa League if they happen qualify for it. The money on offer in the Europa is peanuts compared to maintaining their EPL status so they don't give a flying fuck about it.

The EPL is full of average players and mercenaries who are nowhere near worth the transfer fees they went for or the wages paid to them. But my point all along has been that even though a high percentage of players in the EPL are average compared to the real top players they are still of a far higher standard than what is on offer in the SPFL. Therefore for anyone to matter of factly just state that Aberdeen would beat EPL club X, Y or Z isn't dealing with reality. We would be massive underdogs against any full strength EPL team. To think otherwise is just silly. But it doesn't change the fact that it's over hyped crap and most of the games on offer are tedious bullshit. Fuck knows why there is such worldwide interest in it.

You're sort of right, but you must recognize that much of the football in that league isn't pretty? In fact it's fucking terrible. Just because every commentator has a KPI to tell you its the best league in the world at least three times per match doesn't mean that is the truth.

• Upvote 2

Anyone with an "English team" who is not a guff themselves has no right to comment on any fitba matter. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if Manchester United signed the complete Aberdeen side that were glorious in May 1983 I still wouldn't support the cunts. I support Aberdeen because my Great Grandfather and Grandfather did, because my Dad does and my son does. It's in my fucking blood. 0% of that support gets given to any other fucking team - if I really had to I would choose a Highland League team or something local - not a team full of pricks that play in England and are supported by a bunch of Nigel wankers and 200 million Asians. Any fucking one of you that has that as part of their life, take a long fucking hard look at yourself next time you are in front of a mirror. What you see looking back at you is a Grade A wanker.

Lol. That's a great post.

It reminded me on one or two on here who have or have had strong allegiances to teams guffwank.

Anyone with an "English team" who is not a guff themselves has no right to comment on any fitba matter. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if Manchester United signed the complete Aberdeen side that were glorious in May 1983 I still wouldn't support the cunts. I support Aberdeen because my Great Grandfather and Grandfather did, because my Dad does and my son does. It's in my fucking blood. 0% of that support gets given to any other fucking team - if I really had to I would choose a Highland League team or something local - not a team full of pricks that play in England and are supported by a bunch of Nigel wankers and 200 million Asians. Any fucking one of you that has that as part of their life, take a long fucking hard look at yourself next time you are in front of a mirror. What you see looking back at you is a Grade A wanker.

I've got an English team though neither I nor my father are English. My Dad worked in London for two years when he was in his early 20's before I was born.

His workmates took him to see their local team and it 'became' his. After that I'd suppose you'd call him an armchair/plastic fan as he's had no reason to visit London since he finished up working there and headed back to Scotland.

So we both 'support' [if you can call it that as I've only been to a handful of games there myself] a team in the lower English leagues.

Aberdeen would be relegated from the EPL and wouldn't get close to getting promotion back into it. Cos we are shite compared to that standard. It's hard for the young loons to see this let alone accept it. The average wage diff will be twenty fold or whatever and whilst that's obviously been inflated by the obscenity that is their business model (and UEFA's), there's a reason our journeymen hackers are considerably worse than theirs. When someone invests so much time and energy supporting a club, they don't want to admit the truth when it's this ugly.

I'm not saying the EPL is great. I couldn't be arsed with it and don't even watch MOTD these days. I'll see it if it's on in the pub but I have seen a few games recently, one which was class but the rest are as tedious as has become the norm these past few years. Even the best performance I remember from AFC this century (v. Hibs last month) was littered by embarrassing mistakes, gifting GMS his first two. Too many shit footballers in the SPFL including many at AFC.

• Upvote 3

Aberdeen would be relegated from the EPL and wouldn't get close to getting promotion back into it. Cos we are shite compared to that standard. It's hard for the young loons to see this let alone accept it. The average wage diff will be twenty fold or whatever and whilst that's obviously been inflated by the obscenity that is their business model (and UEFA's), there's a reason our journeymen hackers are considerably worse than theirs. When someone invests so much time and energy supporting a club, they don't want to admit the truth when it's this ugly.

I'm not saying the EPL is great. I couldn't be arsed with it and don't even watch MOTD these days. I'll see it if it's on in the pub but I have seen a few games recently, one which was class but the rest are as tedious as has become the norm these past few years. Even the best performance I remember from AFC this century (v. Hibs last month) was littered by embarrassing mistakes, gifting GMS his first two. Too many shit footballers in the SPFL including many at AFC.

It's difficult to compare but my guess is we are probably a mid table League 1 side. I'm basing that on players like Taylor going to Northampton (shite team in league 1) and Stockley going to Exeter (League 2). I think our better players could maybe force their way into Championship teams such as Lewis/Shinnie but you've got boys like Considine who'd be lucky to get in League 2 so it all levels out. Probably summed up that McGinn left us for South Korea and even when available on a free he's come back to us and not got offered a thing in England yet he will walk into our first team. Of course we'd be better with EPL resources but we aren't bringing through enough decent footballers sadly. Trying to think of the kids who've left us, got Grimmer at a League 2 side and Fraser in fairness at EPL. Not exactly a prolific youth system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2