Where Are They Now

Anyone read Cooney's book Stand by your Reds? Got it for Xmas and finished it last night. Good read. Book claims via an interview with Duncan Fraser that we have a 20% sell on agreement for Ryan Fraser which I'd never heard at the time. Might be a wee windfall for us at some point if he continues to do well for Bournemouth

Would be surprised if that was true. We were in no position to negotiate anything like that.

Because his contract only had 5 months to go and we only would have got a compensation fee for a kid who had only played about 15 games. I think we got about 400k in the end, which at the time was decent money for him. I see no reason that we would have managed to negotiate a 20% sell on. It would be excellent if we did though.

This is only my opinion and not based on any facts.

Because his contract only had 5 months to go and we only would have got a compensation fee for a kid who had only played about 15 games. I think we got about 400k in the end, which at the time was decent money for him. I see no reason that we would have managed to negotiate a 20% sell on. It would be excellent if we did though.

This is only my opinion and not based on any facts.

He was a critical part of our team at that point. We were free to negotiate what we like.

Otherwise, Bournemouth would be paying a development fee upfront.

Anyone read Cooney's book Stand by your Reds? Got it for Xmas and finished it last night. Good read. Book claims via an interview with Duncan Fraser that we have a 20% sell on agreement for Ryan Fraser which I'd never heard at the time. Might be a wee windfall for us at some point if he continues to do well for Bournemouth

This was confirmed as false some time ago.

Really? Pretty dodgy behaviour from the author then. He's stated as part of an interview with Duncan Fraser that there is a sell on agreement.

Duncan Fraser doesn't know his arse from his elbow* so I'd well believe he did say that, but as above any sell on fee will be a standard FIFA payment.