Where Are They Now

40 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Believe he was later acquitted, no? Or at least found not guilty? 

Acquited in a criminal court after originally being found guilty with majorly flawed evidence. Goodwillie's criminal case thrown out, based on even less evidence, yet you want him banished from football? Strange theory. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He's been labelled a rapist by 2 separate civil court judges. 

Ched Evans was labelled a rapist by 2 separate criminal court judges. 

You do realise civil cases can be awarded despite it not being proved beyond reasonable doubt that somebody committed the crime?

17 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Acquited in a criminal court after originally being found guilty with majorly flawed evidence. Goodwillie's criminal case thrown out, based on even less evidence, yet you want him banished from football? Strange theory. 

So Evans wasn't found not guilty, every chance he did and is a rapist? 

Goodwillie found not guilty in criminal court but guilty in civil court, based on probability, so is probably a rapist. 

Quite telling that he tried to get the lassie to settle out or court, and she refused. If he was sure of his innocence, why pay? 

I'm definitely not the best person to speak to about this. Maybe ask a woman. 

18 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Ched Evans was labelled a rapist by 2 separate criminal court judges. 

You do realise civil cases can be awarded despite it not being proved beyond reasonable doubt that somebody committed the crime?

I am aware. 

Go read the proceedings, if you feel strongly about it. 

Just because Evans was acquitted (doesn't mean not guilty) doesn't mean Goodwillie isn't guilty. That, my friend, is a strange theory. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I am aware. 

Go read the proceedings, if you feel strongly about it. 

Just because Evans was acquitted (doesn't mean not guilty) doesn't mean Goodwillie isn't guilty. That, my friend, is a strange theory. 

I've read them and am happy to make my own mind up. 

The discussion however is around you wanting him banished from football despite having no criminal conviction. If he was convicted in a criminal court, then yes, absolutely, But its a dangerous game to play using a civil court which is not based on absolute certainty. Huge chance a miscarriage of justice happens there.

3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I've read them and am happy to make my own mind up. 

The discussion however is around you wanting him banished from football despite having no criminal conviction. If he was convicted in a criminal court, then yes, absolutely, But its a dangerous game to play using a civil court which is not based on absolute certainty. Huge chance a miscarriage of justice happens there.

Ok, that's your opinion, you've put it across well and I genuinely respect it. 

Ultimately though, thats what has been ruled in the civil court. He's had to pay damages for raping a woman. 

You surely understand why so many Raith fans are angered/upset by the decision? They have employees/sponsors resigning and pulling funds awai. The ladies team has had a few resignations too. Why should any woman be expected to go watch and support a guy who is, on the balance of probability, a rapist? 

There's just no logical explanation why a club should alienate huge portions of it's support like that for the sake of what? Maybe 5/6 goals between now and the end of the season. 

Goodwillie had his chance. He blew it. He's shown no remorse since. The guy doesn't deserve the chance he's getting. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Ultimately though, thats what has been ruled in the civil court. He's had to pay damages for raping a woman. 

You surely understand why so many Raith fans are angered/upset by the decision? They have employees/sponsors resigning and pulling funds awai. The ladies team has had a few resignations too. Why should any woman be expected to go watch and support a guy who is, on the balance of probability, a rapist? 

There's just no logical explanation why a club should alienate huge portions of it's support like that for the sake of what? Maybe 5/6 goals between now and the end of the season. 

Goodwillie had his chance. He blew it. He's shown no remorse since. The guy doesn't deserve the chance he's getting. 

According to the court transcripts I believe is was the lassie that blew it. 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That's your opinion based on the evidence. If its not enough to go to criminal trial then there is obviously enough flaws in the case. Just think it'd a dangerous precedent to set. 

People resigning their position are entitled to do so. It's certainly not a black and white case though 

26 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

That's your opinion based on the evidence. If its not enough to go to criminal trial then there is obviously enough flaws in the case. Just think it'd a dangerous precedent to set. 

People resigning their position are entitled to do so. It's certainly not a black and white case though 

I'd trust a judge to weight up a case better than you or I. 

Hes had to pay damages for being a rapist. 

That's what's happened. You can doubt it all you like, but it's irrelevant. 

Ok a couple of Raith supporters just been on Clyde 1. One female one male. Both saying they won't be back 

Gordon Dalziel on the panel. Says he has no personal difficulty with Raith signing Goodwillie but there are a number of Raith supporters he keeps in touch with and the majority of them are also saying they wont be back whilst Goodwillie is at the club.

Raith themselves haven't long released a statement saying his signing was "a footballing decision and they are standing by the player"

35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ok a couple of Raith supporters just been on Clyde 1. One female one male. Both saying they won't be back 

Gordon Dalziel on the panel. Says he has no personal difficulty with Raith signing Goodwillie but there are a number of Raith supporters he keeps in touch with and the majority of them are also saying they wont be back whilst Goodwillie is at the club.

Raith themselves haven't long released a statement saying his signing was "a footballing decision and they are standing by the player"

They will though. They're no different to the beauts on here who were complaining that AFC had signed confirmed racist Scott Brown.

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ramirez has at least that and we've got loads of clowns on here saying he's shite. 

Anderson would have scored less in our team and be getting pelters. 

Could have flourished as a pairing.

Ramirez's performances have really dipped lately though. Can't deny that.

4 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Ramirez's performances have really dipped lately though. Can't deny that.

Poor lad has pretty much played every game and for most of the 90 mins of each game. GOt zero-back up to him and when he plays he has to drop deep to get the ball as we never seem able to get decent crosses into the box, Ojo being a prime culprit 

17 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Poor lad has pretty much played every game and for most of the 90 mins of each game. GOt zero-back up to him and when he plays he has to drop deep to get the ball as we never seem able to get decent crosses into the box, Ojo being a prime culprit 

We also effectively have no alternative to playing him for the remainder of the season given the absolute shambles of the latest window. 

How he's scraped together the amount of goals he has done is a blind miracle.

1 or 2 further injuries away from wanking ourselves into the oblivion of bottom 6 fitba.

11 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

We also effectively have no alternative to playing him for the remainder of the season given the absolute shambles of the latest window

Given Glass's love affair with him sure he'll try and stick Ojo up top for the rest of the season.

Seen Ruth made the bench, didn't seem to set the heather on fire at Falkirk so not got huge hope for him, can't be any worse than JET

14 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Jet needs a severe kick up the arse, hopefully a few brave journalists will ask Glass about the poor return from him at next press conference 

Can't really argue about his return given his little game time... which is largely down to his ability/fitness.

The question should be, why the fuck did we sign him in the first place?

1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

Can't really argue about his return given his little game time... which is largely down to his ability/fitness.

The question should be, why the fuck did we sign him in the first place?

B explains A! Not fit can’t get game time! Be forced to improve fitness would lead to more time on the pitch surely